Exec: I Think It's Going To Be A Boring Deadline

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Exec: I Think It's Going To Be A Boring Deadline 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:27 pm

The NBA had an active trade period between the week of the draft in November and the James Harden trade in early January as Harden, Jrue Holiday, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook and John Wall were traded.

With Bradley Beal off the market and so many contending teams lacking assets or cap maneuverability to execute a meaningful trade, next week's trade deadline may only feature role players.

"I just think it's going to be a boring deadline," a Western Conference executive told ESPN.

While Kyle Lowry could be moved as a pending free agent, it is hard to construct a trade scenario that makes sense for both the Toronto Raptors and the team that would acquire him.

"I think they've got to take a long look at where they're going," said an East scout. "Are they really going to pay [Lowry] and have him there for three or four years?"

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,170

Re: Exec: I Think It's Going To Be A Boring Deadline 

Post#2 » by Lockdown504090 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:39 pm

beal isnt off the market until the wiz get a good enough offer to trade him, al horford got a 3 year deal at about the same age. This exec is probably from utah or some other team that doesnt understand what it takes to be competitive. :lol:
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,049

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:10 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:beal isnt off the market until the wiz get a good enough offer to trade him, al horford got a 3 year deal at about the same age. This exec is probably from utah or some other team that doesnt understand what it takes to be competitive. :lol:

The Wiz have been pretty steadfast that they won’t trade him, as directionless as that seems to most. And now that they’re pretty close to the 9-10 spots, it would be downright shocking to see him moved now. Off-season at the earliest.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#4 » by Cookin Baskets » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:12 pm

Wizards should do something to improve for the future. Try to get more draft picks. If they want to keep Beal then they should not stay quiet during the deadline. Trade everyone except Westbrook and Beal. Not that I'm against getting rid of Westbrook but you won't get much for him right now.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
random_hero891
Rookie
And1: 812

Post#5 » by random_hero891 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:10 am

Lockdown504090 wrote:beal isnt off the market until the wiz get a good enough offer to trade him, al horford got a 3 year deal at about the same age. This exec is probably from utah or some other team that doesnt understand what it takes to be competitive. :lol:

Spoken like someone who doesn't check the standings. :lol:
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,170

Post#6 » by Lockdown504090 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:24 pm

random_hero891 wrote:

Spoken like someone who doesn't check the standings. :lol:

I do and I watch the games too. They aren’t versatile enough to win a title. Bron could take them without ad. Double switching will make their offence grind to a halt force isolation ball from Mitchell and clarkson. On defense teams are going to stretch out Rudy, forcing them to play zone if they want to keep him as a rim protector. This regular season Basketball doesn’t even remotely resemble playoff basketball.

Return to Wiretap Discussion