Clippers Targeting Point Guard With Terry Rozier, George Hill, Ricky Rubio As Possibilities

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Clippers Targeting Point Guard With Terry Rozier, George Hill, Ricky Rubio As Possibilities 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:08 pm

The Los Angeles Clippers are in clear need of a point guard and that need has been telegraphed on the trade market.

The Clippers continue to have strong internal interest in Terry Rozier, while Ricky Rubio and George Hill are other options.

The Clippers have limited draft capital to attach to matching salaries in any scenario.

Via Chris Mannix/Sports Illustrated

Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Re: Clippers Targeting Point Guard With Terry Rozier, George Hill, Ricky Rubio As Possibilities 

Post#2 » by Theo Ratliff » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:15 pm

Rozier may be listed as a point guard but he doesn't play like one. I don't see how he fits on the Clippers unless they plan on having him camp at the 3pt line all game. Which devalues his worth. Not to mention the Hornets are actually playing good basketball this year and are the 6th seed right now. The only reason I could see the Hornets trading him is because they are worried about him stunting LaMelo's growth.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Re: Clippers Targeting Point Guard With Terry Rozier, George Hill, Ricky Rubio As Possibilities 

Post#3 » by donemilio21 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:53 pm

Theo Ratliff wrote:Rozier may be listed as a point guard but he doesn't play like one. I don't see how he fits on the Clippers unless they plan on having him camp at the 3pt line all game. Which devalues his worth. Not to mention the Hornets are actually playing good basketball this year and are the 6th seed right now. The only reason I could see the Hornets trading him is because they are worried about him stunting LaMelo's growth.

Agreed. I don't see Rozier being the playmaker Clippers are looking for. He is more of a Lou Williams type player.
If I were Hornets I'd look to move him to create cap space to add a starting SG and a big man in the offseason via free agency.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#4 » by Jedzz » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:25 am

Clippers should be asking Timberwolves for McLaughlin's rights instead of Rubio. He would be great for them and Clips could send a snowcone to match.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#5 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:36 pm

Hill sounds nice for them. The Knicks fan base would gladly send them Payton. Just saying.
perik777
Sophomore
And1: 93

Post#6 » by perik777 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:28 pm

Jedzz wrote:Clippers should be asking Timberwolves for McLaughlin's rights instead of Rubio. He would be great for them and Clips could send a snowcone to match.

Wow, you really are in trouble with your love for mclaughin.

One of the best 3rd string point guarda in the west conference
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#7 » by Jedzz » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:55 pm

perik777 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Clippers should be asking Timberwolves for McLaughlin's rights instead of Rubio. He would be great for them and Clips could send a snowcone to match.

Wow, you really are in trouble with your love for mclaughin.

One of the best 3rd string point guarda in the west conference

Ask the Lakers how they won in the finals with the undrafted Alex Caruso averaging 24 minutes through all four playoff series last year culminating with a start and 32 minutes in the final game 6 that broke the Heat's back. Your preconcieved notions about players don't sway me. Or Maybe you would like to talk about Miami's undrafted starters last season and in the playoffs?

I'm just trying to unclog the logjams on the Timberwolves roster and see McLaughlin as a good fit there.

Return to Wiretap Discussion