Blazers To Sign Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Blazers To Sign Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Apr 3, 2021 5:28 am

The Portland Trail Blazers are expected to sign Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, sources told Shams Charania of The Athletic.

The 26-year-old Hollis-Jefferson was in training camp with the Wolves. 

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: Blazers To Sign Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 

Post#2 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 6:49 am

The Nets haven't been rumored or linked with Rondae, but I always thought an RHJ reunion would have been the perfect finishing touch for this squad.

Oh well, congrats to Portland. If Alizé is the real deal, let's keep him. If not, I hope we land another veteran in that same athletic, defensive combo forward mold.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Post#3 » by Theo Ratliff » Sat Apr 3, 2021 9:23 am

If he could learn how to become just a decent shooter. He would have a long career in the NBA but he's always going to get passed over for someone that can stretch the floor.
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,218

Post#4 » by Def Leppard » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:24 pm

Great pick up.

Sent from my SM-G981W using RealGM mobile app
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#5 » by PDXKnight » Sat Apr 3, 2021 6:34 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:The Nets haven't been rumored or linked with Rondae, but I always thought an RHJ reunion would have been the perfect finishing touch for this squad.

Oh well, congrats to Portland. If Alizé is the real deal, let's keep him. If not, I hope we land another veteran in that same athletic, defensive combo forward mold.

he’s probably worried about playing time in brooklyn
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#6 » by d-train » Sat Apr 3, 2021 8:24 pm

Oden2 wrote:

Why, is zero in Brooklyn less than zero in Portland?
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#7 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 10:16 pm

d-train wrote:
Oden2 wrote:

If he were on the Nets, he'd be behind both Harris and Green in the SF depth chart.

In Portland, I bet he'll take the backup SF role behind Powell. I know you guys have Jones (who is undoubtedly better than Rondae), I think both of them would have steady minutes.

Good for him, I can't expect him to keep turning down teams and waiting for Brooklyn to call. We made the mistake (waiting for an Otto buyout that probably won't happen), you guys got a gem.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#8 » by d-train » Sat Apr 3, 2021 10:54 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
d-train wrote:
Oden2 wrote:

If he were on the Nets, he'd be behind both Harris and Green in the SF depth chart.

In Portland, I bet he'll take the backup SF role behind Powell. I know you guys have Jones (who is undoubtedly better than Rondae), I think both of them would have steady minutes.

Good for him, I can't expect him to keep turning down teams and waiting for Brooklyn to call. We made the mistake (waiting for an Otto buyout that probably won't happen), you guys got a gem.

The only chance he has at minutes is fouls, blowouts, and injuries. All our rotation minutes are going to Lillard, CJ, Nurk, RoCo, Powell, DJJ, Melo, Simons, and Kanter. The best RHJ can do is steal some of the 0 minutes going to Giles and CJE. I doubt he can get any of the 0 minutes going to Little.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#9 » by PDXKnight » Sun Apr 4, 2021 1:06 am

d-train wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:
d-train wrote:Why, is zero in Brooklyn less than zero in Portland?

The only chance he has at minutes is fouls, blowouts, and injuries. All our rotation minutes are going to Lillard, CJ, Nurk, RoCo, Powell, DJJ, Melo, Simons, and Kanter. The best RHJ can do is steal some of the 0 minutes going to Giles and CJE. I doubt he can get any of the 0 minutes going to Little.

due to defensive presence i could see him and jones splitting mins potentially

Return to Wiretap Discussion