Sterling Brown Assaulted Stemmed From Entering Wrong Sprinter Van

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Sterling Brown Assaulted Stemmed From Entering Wrong Sprinter Van 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:09 pm

Sterling Brown entered the wrong springer van on his way out of a Miami strip club, sources tell The Athletic, which led to a verbal altercation and eventually a physical one.

Three or more individuals from the sprinter van jumped Brown and hit him in the head with a bottle. 

Kevin Porter Jr. was one of the teammates with Brown and stepped into the altercation. Porter was roughed up but able to play in Monday's game.

When Brown was admitted into a private, priority room in the emergency room, blood was everywhere, dripped all over the floor. Brown needed multiple heavy stitching jobs for his facial injuries and underwent several tests, according to sources. He was discharged Monday late in the afternoon.

“If he hadn’t been as physically strong and tough, he might not have made it out of the situation (Sunday) night,” one source told The Athletic. “He could have died.”

Beyond the immediate concern of Brown's health, the players were in violation of the league's health and safety protocols. 

Via Shams Charania, Kelly Iko/The Athletic

anomani786
Ballboy
And1: 3

Re: Sterling Brown Assaulted Stemmed From Entering Wrong Sprinter Van 

Post#2 » by anomani786 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:30 pm

Was Dwayne Haskins with them?
Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Post#3 » by Theo Ratliff » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:31 pm

I'll never understand the obsession with strip clubs. Giving your money to disgusting slobs who don't do anything but dance. Just throw a party at your house with an invite only guest list and actually get something out of it.
lonea
Rookie
And1: 526

Post#4 » by lonea » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:49 pm

strip clubs are to show you are in power

the girls literally come to you while you do nothing

"Giving your money to disgusting slobs" is literally the name of the game...

:noway:

Theo Ratliff wrote:I'll never understand the obsession with strip clubs. Giving your money to disgusting slobs who don't do anything but dance. Just throw a party at your house with an invite only guest list and actually get something out of it.
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Post#5 » by FreeBoosie » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:57 pm

Who wrote this? lmao
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#6 » by Revived » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:09 pm

Sterling Brown gets involved in way too many altercations for being an absolute scrub of a player. Constantly in the news for stuff like this. Usually the scrub basketball players who may only play a couple years in the league are usually saving their $$ for when they will no longer be in the league. Not getting into this kind of mess.

You donā€™t see Jared Dudley in the news for getting into fights at strip clubs for example.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#7 » by Revived » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:11 pm

Theo Ratliff wrote:I'll never understand the obsession with strip clubs. Giving your money to disgusting slobs who don't do anything but dance. Just throw a party at your house with an invite only guest list and actually get something out of it.

Your experience at strip clubs isnā€™t the same one that professional athletes get. You arenā€™t allowed to touch or do anything with the strippers except just sit there. These athletes can basically **** the living hell out of them as these strip club owners cater to them. The popular strip clubs in places like Miami and LA have areas that are only for celebrities and they can do as they wish there.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 307

Post#8 » by Hans1984 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:22 pm

Why he's in a strip club in the first place ? :crazy:
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#9 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:44 pm

Hans1984 wrote:Why he's in a strip club in the first place ? :crazy:

Why is he drinking so much that he doesn't know which van he's getting into?

Why, when he's told it's the wrong van, does he have anything to say but "I apologize"?

These situations are avoidable. Life teaches tough lessons!
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#10 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:45 pm

I used to be a DJ at a "strip club" the only disgusting slobs in our place were the so called "Gentlemen" customers. We hired only the most beautiful women. You sound like the type that will order one beer and sit there all night trying to pick up strippers then go home mad because you're rejected.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#11 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:53 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Hans1984 wrote:Why he's in a strip club in the first place ? :crazy:

Why is he drinking so much that he doesn't know which van he's getting into?

Why, when he's told it's the wrong van, does he have anything to say but "I apologize"?

These situations are avoidable. Life teaches tough lessons!

Exactly you say I'm sorry my mistake. But I'll bet that Brown who is a worthless ahole and a scrub, knew exactly what he was doint and it was not a mistake. Probably some female in that van that he thought he was gonna pull out and take with him. These NBA players are a disgrace with their behavior. Now Brown is some kind of victim because he got a bottle bashed over his head.

I recall an incident a few years ago in a dark time for the Pacers when Jamal Tinsley, Stephen Jackson and another player got into a fight at Club Rio in Indianapolis, with a guy named Finga's. Jackson got his gun out of his car and started shooting. Should have been locked up and out of the NBA forever!

Great points here, I thought the NBA had some kind of rule about going to these kind of places in the age of the Coronavirus?
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,852

Post#12 » by Jabroni Lames » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:58 pm

Revived wrote:Sterling Brown gets involved in way too many altercations for being an absolute scrub of a player. Constantly in the news for stuff like this. Usually the scrub basketball players who may only play a couple years in the league are usually saving their $$ for when they will no longer be in the league. Not getting into this kind of mess.

You donā€™t see Jared Dudley in the news for getting into fights at strip clubs for example.

You don't see Jared Dudley on an NBA court, either. His main claim to fame is running his mouth in the media and giving opposing teams bulletin board material. That said .... Sterling Brown needs a curfew or something.
wa7hnaussksjst
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#13 » by wa7hnaussksjst » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:52 pm

This dude should avoid parking lots.. first, the police almost shot him after he illegally parked his car across two handicapped parking spots and now he entered the wrong vanĀ .. just walk home dude
Robin Jones
Freshman
And1: 101

Post#14 » by Robin Jones » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:58 pm

I am just dumbfounded.

Houston has a game against Miami on Monday.

Sterling Brown is at a strip club late on Sunday, perhaps toxicated, as he does not recognize the van he should enter into.

Even without corona protocols, what a great decision Sterling! Top athlete's choice. Very professional behaviour. Not!

For a fringe player like him, I would assume it would make sense to try to be as ready as possible, if your name is called in a game.

Anyway, that is one thing.

But doing this while under 'strict' NBA corona protocols. What the hell was he thinking? Apparently he was not thinking at all?
elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 76

Post#15 » by elmdawgg69 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:33 pm

This has racism written all over it. Where are Pop and SVG with their victimhood comments and support?
anomani786
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#16 » by anomani786 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:49 pm

Outright_awful wrote:This dude should avoid parking lots.. first, the police almost shot him after he illegally parked his car across two handicapped parking spots and now he entered the wrong vanĀ .. just walk home dude

"This dude should avoid parking lots"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I literally lost it, well done sir.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,490

Post#17 » by The Laker Kid » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:07 pm

Garbage article with so many typographical and grammatical errors. Who wrote this? Is it a bot? I sure hope he/she is not getting their education from strip clubs.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#18 » by BigTex » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:58 pm

What is a "sprinter van"?
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#19 » by ATTL » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:19 am

BigTex wrote:What is a "sprinter van"?

It's a Mercedes van with a very large cargo area. It is commonly used by couriers and delivery drivers due to the large cargo area and strong engine which is pretty reliable.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#20 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:27 am

What a year.

Return to Wiretap Discussion