LeBron James Criticizes Play-In Format As Lakers Continue To Struggle

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,283

Re: LeBron James Criticizes Play-In Format As Lakers Continue To Struggle 

Post#21 » by FreeSpiritNY » Mon May 3, 2021 3:30 pm

So it only matters because your injured. It’s not like most other teams deal with injuries.

Also your back in the lineup and we’re struggling before you got hurt. This why you’ll never be like Kobe let alone Jordan.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#22 » by Galloisdaman » Mon May 3, 2021 3:35 pm

DimesandKnicks wrote:
Theo Ratliff wrote:LeBron showing his true colors as always. He can put up all of the stats that he wants but he will always have the mindset of a loser.

Sure does win a whole lot for "always having the mindset of a loser". Pretty **** rich too, doing it all since he was 18 :lol:

You guys kill me.

That makes it even worse. The guy has been truly blessed in life. He has a 1 in 10 million life. He should be utterly grateful instead of whining all the time.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,620

Post#23 » by dougthonus » Mon May 3, 2021 3:53 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:1) Should read 6 rings. A Laker three-peat I think is best way for him to solidify GOAT status over MJ.

I'm of the mindset that more or less, unless you value longevity over peak play (which we never really seem to do unless peak play was ridiculously short and that isn't the case for Jordan), that there really are no reasonable circumstances he can pass Jordan as the GOAT.

He could pass him by doing some unlikely things of course. I mean if he plays into his 50s and wins 12 straight then he's obviously the GOAT (and clearly it wouldn't need to be that big), but if you assume he's at 2 more titles max, and nothing particularly special happens on those runs, then I think even winning 2 doesn't get him there.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 203

Post#24 » by RipCityKJ » Mon May 3, 2021 4:04 pm

Blazers v. Lakers on Friday just got better. I would love to send LeBron to the play in games and a Blazers win gives them the season series over the Lakers so good luck trying to crawl back into the 6th place.
Vvulf
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#25 » by Vvulf » Mon May 3, 2021 6:14 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
njknicks wrote:Lebron's 5 year goals in descending order :

1) 5th ring
2) Space Jam 2 success ( to launch other media ventures)
3) Become all time points leader in NBA history
4) Retire after his son enters the league ( @ 39 )
5) Billionaire status
6) Own next NBA expansion team

1) Should read 6 rings. A Laker three-peat I think is best way for him to solidify GOAT status over MJ.

He'll never be solidified as GOAT over MJ. The rules that have changed since 2015 that prevent real basketball defense have made the NBA a joke and boring. If Lebron had to play against the defense rules that MJ had to it would be nonstop tears. I never was a particular MJ fan but at least I could respect him.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#26 » by HiRez » Mon May 3, 2021 7:46 pm

What, specifically, is he objecting to? I mean OK, he hates it, but why?
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,864

Post#27 » by deeps6x » Mon May 3, 2021 9:11 pm

I'm sure the league does NOT want a first round battle of LA.

"Mr. James, would you please fake an ankle injury for a couple of games, so that we can advance Dallas or Portland above you."

"You'll get to take on Denver without their all-star PG. You'd like that wouldn't you?"

"You'd get a slightly better draft pick as well"

"Do it for the good of the league"

It will be interesting to see if the league starts having the refs shade games to guarantee there is no first round knockout for one of the LA teams. That market is their bread and butter, and they'd love it if one of them made the finals.

No surprise then to see them tank it against the tanking Raptors last night.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,864

Post#28 » by deeps6x » Mon May 3, 2021 9:14 pm

Vvulf wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:
njknicks wrote:Lebron's 5 year goals in descending order :

1) 5th ring
2) Space Jam 2 success ( to launch other media ventures)
3) Become all time points leader in NBA history
4) Retire after his son enters the league ( @ 39 )
5) Billionaire status
6) Own next NBA expansion team

1) Should read 6 rings. A Laker three-peat I think is best way for him to solidify GOAT status over MJ.

He'll never be solidified as GOAT over MJ. The rules that have changed since 2015 that prevent real basketball defense have made the NBA a joke and boring. If Lebron had to play against the defense rules that MJ had to it would be nonstop tears. I never was a particular MJ fan but at least I could respect him.

This again? Seriously?

I could respect MJ because he wasn't trying to get 1/3 of his points at the free throw line by diving, crying and whining all the time. Yep, you can say LeBron is just working the system. You could say he is doing it better than MJ ever did. But you can't ask me to respect him for bastardizing the game like that.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,927

Post#29 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Mon May 3, 2021 9:25 pm

DimesandKnicks wrote:
LogicalGM23 wrote:I love how 6 finals losses are the biggest weakness to his resume in terms of winning [losing] where you look at the likes of an entire franchise Minnesota, Sacramento, Charlotte-take your pick. Sweep or not, this guys is 4 games or less from another ring. Like if you don't win a championship you are either a lucky franchise or you have LeBron James on your team. Literally finishes 2nd a lot out of 30 other teams and is labeled a loser smh. Mind you Jordan all day-- folks who sit in nosebleeds or watch 4 games a year from home have 0 opinion on the matter lol. I'm with you on this DimesandKnicks
Theo Ratliff wrote:6 finals losses and most of those came while playing on a super team lol.

:noway: Lost to the spurs DYNASTY
Lost the the warriors superteam twice and would have beat them pre-super team had his "super team" (Kevin Love isn't a part of anyone's super team)...all while actually...playing in the Finals, which again, would indicate being a winner. I'm actually pretty sure he's won more playoff games than anyone....but loser mentality :lol:

How can you be great....and a loser

You can be great, be blessed with 1 in 1,000,000 talent, win a lot of games, but still have the loser mentality. Just look at his career, when things don't go his way, he whines and makes excuses. Or jumps to a new team. Or shows up to a post game press conference with a caste on, for example.
Priest24
Pro Prospect
And1: 830

Post#30 » by Priest24 » Mon May 3, 2021 9:59 pm

This guy lost any credibility when he said "we are scared as black people" and then went home to his gated community.
My opinion may not be your opinion or their opinion but I have it.
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,612

Post#31 » by DimesandKnicks » Mon May 3, 2021 10:20 pm

Priest24 wrote:This guy lost any credibility when he said "we are scared as black people" and then went home to his gated community.

To people who can't stand hearing about racism. I.e half of America. Earned credibility with the other half.

With "We are" meaning "black people" and the scared part being reference to being harrased by law enforcement", why exactly does him living in a gated community (where the N-word was spray painted on his garage? Or do you have a conehead conspiracy theory for that one?) cause him to lose credibility in your eyes?
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by DimesandKnicks » Mon May 3, 2021 10:21 pm

I hope when LeBron is gone you all appreciate his greatness.
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by DimesandKnicks » Mon May 3, 2021 10:25 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
DimesandKnicks wrote:
LogicalGM23 wrote:I love how 6 finals losses are the biggest weakness to his resume in terms of winning [losing] where you look at the likes of an entire franchise Minnesota, Sacramento, Charlotte-take your pick. Sweep or not, this guys is 4 games or less from another ring. Like if you don't win a championship you are either a lucky franchise or you have LeBron James on your team. Literally finishes 2nd a lot out of 30 other teams and is labeled a loser smh. Mind you Jordan all day-- folks who sit in nosebleeds or watch 4 games a year from home have 0 opinion on the matter lol. I'm with you on this DimesandKnicks

:noway: Lost to the spurs DYNASTY
Lost the the warriors superteam twice and would have beat them pre-super team had his "super team" (Kevin Love isn't a part of anyone's super team)...all while actually...playing in the Finals, which again, would indicate being a winner. I'm actually pretty sure he's won more playoff games than anyone....but loser mentality :lol:

How can you be great....and a loser

You can be great, be blessed with 1 in 1,000,000 talent, win a lot of games, but still have the loser mentality. Just look at his career, when things don't go his way, he whines and makes excuses. Or jumps to a new team. Or shows up to a post game press conference with a caste on, for example.

You can also say anything and hope it makes sense. LeBron has been winning since he was 14 years old and is being compared to arguably the greatest player of all time.

Its one thing to say you don't like him for whatever acute reasons, but when you say he has a losers mentality your kind of just being a hater.
castor777
Senior
And1: 110

Post#34 » by castor777 » Mon May 3, 2021 10:45 pm

Priest24 wrote:This guy lost any credibility when he said "we are scared as black people" and then went home to his gated community.

So because he became successful he can’t comment about being black in America? I don’t follow your meaning, does income and being wealthy make him invulnerable to racism? Did he somehow become a greater brand of people by just playing in the NBA or was it another point in time in his life where you think he can no longer identify as black?
Priest24
Pro Prospect

Post#35 » by Priest24 » Mon May 3, 2021 11:13 pm

DimesandKnicks wrote:

To people who can't stand hearing about racism. I.e half of America. Earned credibility with the other half.

With "We are" meaning "black people" and the scared part being reference to being harrased by law enforcement", why exactly does him living in a gated community (where the N-word was spray painted on his garage? Or do you have a conehead conspiracy theory for that one?) cause him to lose credibility in your eyes?

He made a statement in general that in the public eye is representative of all black people. As a black person who has faced actual racism by cops before it doesn't apply to everyone. Only black people who have an inferiority complex would agree with that nonsense. As far as the powerless n word being sprayed upon a garage who cares? That's just childish bull that was overblown in the same way as Bubba Wallaces noose.
castor777
Senior
And1: 110

Post#36 » by castor777 » Mon May 3, 2021 11:23 pm

Priest24 wrote:
DimesandKnicks wrote:

He made a statement in general that in the public eye is representative of all black people. As a black person who has faced actual racism by cops before it doesn't apply to everyone. Only black people who have an inferiority complex would agree with that nonsense. As far as the powerless n word being sprayed upon a garage who cares? That's just childish bull that was overblown in the same way as Bubba Wallaces noose.

Ah yes, having the N word spray painted on your house or being called that at games it totally meaningless. It’s just racism, he should just deal with it and let you cowardly racists do whatever you like. Have you tried not being a POS or do you just wear your Klan rags when you get on internet message boards?
Priest24
Pro Prospect

Post#37 » by Priest24 » Mon May 3, 2021 11:33 pm

castor777 wrote:
Priest24 wrote:
DimesandKnicks wrote:

Ah yes, having the N word spray painted on your house or being called that at games it totally meaningless. It’s just racism, he should just deal with it and let you cowardly racists do whatever you like. Have you tried not being a POS or do you just wear your Klan rags when you get on internet message boards?

I'm black and i'm not afraid to post a pic to show that. Try again
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by DimesandKnicks » Mon May 3, 2021 11:38 pm

Priest24 wrote:
castor777 wrote:
Priest24 wrote:

Do it
Priest24
Pro Prospect

Post#39 » by Priest24 » Mon May 3, 2021 11:44 pm

DimesandKnicks wrote:
Priest24 wrote:
castor777 wrote:Ah yes, having the N word spray painted on your house or being called that at games it totally meaningless. It’s just racism, he should just deal with it and let you cowardly racists do whatever you like. Have you tried not being a POS or do you just wear your Klan rags when you get on internet message boards?

Do it

You should as well so we can see who has a legitimate argument.
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by DimesandKnicks » Mon May 3, 2021 11:50 pm

Priest24 wrote:
DimesandKnicks wrote:
Priest24 wrote:

Do it

You should as well so we can see who has a legitimate argument.

My skin color has nothing to do with my arguement. You said you'd be happy to post a pic to prove you are black....we're waiting

Return to Wiretap Discussion