Re: Luca Vildoza Agrees To Four-Year, $13.6M Non-Guaranteed Deal With Knicks

Moderators: Domejandro, -Sammy-, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 78,844
And1: 214
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

Luca Vildoza Agrees To Four-Year, $13.6M Non-Guaranteed Deal With Knicks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 5, 2021 6:05 pm

Luca Vildoza has agreed to a four-year, $13.6 million deal with the New York Knicks. The deal contains three non-guaranteed years on the contract.


Vildoza was playing for Baskonia in Spain. Vildoza negotiated a buyout with Baskonia before agreeing to the deal with the Knicks.


The Knicks had the salary cap space and roster spot to get ahead of summer free agency and secure Vildoza now.


It is not clear when Vildoza will join the Knicks this season.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

njknicks
Junior
Posts: 477
And1: 58
Joined: Sep 07, 2017

Re: Luca Vildoza Agrees To Four-Year, $13.6M Non-Guaranteed Deal With Knicks 

Post#2 » by njknicks » Wed May 5, 2021 8:28 pm

Low risk / high reward

Should Luca Vildoza pan out for the Knicks in the long term - this would be masterful acquisition, especially given the beyond reasonable contract.
Cassius
RealGM
Posts: 12,814
And1: 2,232
Joined: Aug 19, 2005
Location: We won.
     

Re: Luca Vildoza Agrees To Four-Year, $13.6M Non-Guaranteed Deal With Knicks 

Post#3 » by Cassius » Wed May 5, 2021 9:18 pm

njknicks wrote:Low risk / high reward

Should Luca Vildoza pan out for the Knicks in the long term - this would be masterful acquisition, especially given the beyond reasonable contract.


They should bring him over now. He could easily be the difference between a first round exit and a second round berth. It's going to be hard to keep Payton on the floor for extended minutes.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 82,800
And1: 37,284
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: Luca Vildoza Agrees To Four-Year, $13.6M Non-Guaranteed Deal With Knicks 

Post#4 » by The_Hater » Thu May 6, 2021 1:08 am

Why would Luka give the Knicks so much control over his future. Either he exceeds expectations and the Knicks get a real bargain for years or he flops and the Knicks just let him go.

Get a new agent.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.


April 14th, 2019.
njknicks
Junior
Posts: 477
And1: 58
Joined: Sep 07, 2017

Re: Luca Vildoza Agrees To Four-Year, $13.6M Non-Guaranteed Deal With Knicks 

Post#5 » by njknicks » Thu May 6, 2021 1:28 am

The_Hater wrote:Why would Luka give the Knicks so much control over his future. Either he exceeds expectations and the Knicks get a real bargain for years or he flops and the Knicks just let him go.

Get a new agent.


Keep in mind that he received a buyout from his currently club and he has not played a single minute in the NBA.

He is essentially getting a rookie deal (i.e. late first round pick) - when putting that into context it is reasonable -- especially that he does not have a qualifying offer option after year 4.
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 82,800
And1: 37,284
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: Luca Vildoza Agrees To Four-Year, $13.6M Non-Guaranteed Deal With Knicks 

Post#6 » by The_Hater » Thu May 6, 2021 1:42 am

njknicks wrote:
The_Hater wrote:Why would Luka give the Knicks so much control over his future. Either he exceeds expectations and the Knicks get a real bargain for years or he flops and the Knicks just let him go.

Get a new agent.


Keep in mind that he received a buyout from his currently club and he has not played a single minute in the NBA.

He is essentially getting a rookie deal (i.e. late first round pick) - when putting that into context it is reasonable -- especially that he does not have a qualifying offer option after year 4.


Even 1st round rookie deals have 2 guaranteed seasons not one.

It’s basically a terrible deal for the player but an awesome deal for the Knicks. But he must have really wanted to play in the NBA.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.


April 14th, 2019.
DoItALL9
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,392
And1: 932
Joined: Oct 08, 2016
       

Re: Luca Vildoza Agrees To Four-Year, $13.6M Non-Guaranteed Deal With Knicks 

Post#7 » by DoItALL9 » Thu May 6, 2021 6:39 am

Any comparisons out there?

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Wiretap Discussion