Marv Albert, Chris Webber May Not Return To TNT Broadcast Team Next Season

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Marv Albert, Chris Webber May Not Return To TNT Broadcast Team Next Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 6, 2021 5:21 am

Both Marv Albert and Chris Webber may not return to TNT's NBA broadcast team next season, sources told Andrew Marchand of the New York Post. 

The 79-year-old Albert is currently in the final year of his five-year deal. Albert has hinted at retiring in the past, though no official decision has been reached.

The feeling that Webber may not return next season has been "building for awhile," according to Marchand. 

Webber informed network executives that he would not do the NCAA Tournament "very late," which was considered poor form.

If Albert does retire, TNT currently has Ian Eagle, Kevin Harlan, and Brian Anderson as play-by-play replacements. Anderson reportedly had the inside track to replace Albert, though the role is considered wide open. 

Via Andrew Marchand/New York Post

BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,683

Re: Marv Albert, Chris Webber May Not Return To TNT Broadcast Team Next Season 

Post#2 » by BoyzNTheHood » Thu May 6, 2021 6:10 pm

I know that Marv has become a senile old man on broadcasts, but his voice will be sorely missed :cry:
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,037

Post#3 » by Lockdown504090 » Thu May 6, 2021 7:01 pm

C web should be a GM. the Kings chose divac over him and webber was talking about luka on broadcasts for 2 years before the kings passed on him.
Biff
Starter
And1: 1,168

Post#4 » by Biff » Thu May 6, 2021 9:40 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:I know that Marv has become a senile old man on broadcasts, but his voice will be sorely missed :cry:

"A spectacular move by Michael Jordan."

Will always live in my memories. Dude definitely needs to retire though.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant

Return to Wiretap Discussion