Malcolm Brogdon, Domantas Sabonis Reportedly Want Nate Bjorkgren Fired

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Malcolm Brogdon, Domantas Sabonis Reportedly Want Nate Bjorkgren Fired 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri May 7, 2021 2:47 pm

There is concern within the Indiana Pacers about the mental state of Nate Bjorkgren, according to J. Michael of the Indianapolis Star.

League sources tell Michael that Bjorkgren has taken the station hard.

Michael also reports that Malcolm Brogdon and Domantas Sabonis would like Bjorkgren fired. T.J. Warren previously asked to be traded because he doesn't like Bjorgren. 

Players on the Pacers don't like his management style and try to avoid him. Bjorkgren reportedly micromanages his assistant coaches.

Via J. Michael/Indianapolis Star

MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Re: Malcolm Brogdon, Domantas Sabonis Reportedly Want Nate Bjorkgren Fired 

Post#2 » by MitchB3 » Fri May 7, 2021 3:00 pm

This is what happens when you jump the gun.
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 205

Post#3 » by RipCityKJ » Fri May 7, 2021 3:31 pm

Look at what Nate has done with the hawks, he got the shaft and now the Pacers are paying for it. KP pritchslapped himself with that move.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#4 » by The_Hater » Fri May 7, 2021 4:33 pm

RipCityKJ wrote:Look at what Nate has done with the hawks, he got the shaft and now the Pacers are paying for it. KP pritchslapped himself with that move.

Nate never should have been let go. He was initially considered a bad hire, then he grossly exceeded expectations and had the Pacers playing over their heads for 3 years and suddenly that wasn’t good enough for them. Weird decisions on both ends of that debacle.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#5 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Fri May 7, 2021 5:08 pm

Lol Pacers GM hired his buddy from NCAA times. Everybody loves getting big money, but with big money comes more responsibility. He clearly is not ready to be the head coach.
Whoever owns the Pacers should fire both GM and the coach cause it looks like nobody wants to play on that team anymore.
Oh and miss me with that mental state nonsense... He's getting paid millions, why don't he go hire a psychiatrist if it's so stressful?
jk31
Rookie
And1: 668

Post#6 » by jk31 » Fri May 7, 2021 5:11 pm

The_Hater wrote:
RipCityKJ wrote:Look at what Nate has done with the hawks, he got the shaft and now the Pacers are paying for it. KP pritchslapped himself with that move.

Nate never should have been let go. He was initially considered a bad hire, then he grossly exceeded expectations and had the Pacers playing over their heads for 3 years and suddenly that wasn’t good enough for them. Weird decisions on both ends of that debacle.

I am sorry but how many pacers games did watch last season (and the seasons before)? the offense under coach mcmillan was horrendous. Yes, they did exceed expectations year after year. but this archaic iso-heavy offense must go. i am glad they did fire mcmillan finally and tried something new. this season is now a big injuryfest and I cannot blame coach bjorkgren for ending up that low. at least the offense looks much more appealing now. the rest will follow if given enough time, a more fitting roster to the style he wanna play AND a more healthy roster!
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#7 » by The_Hater » Fri May 7, 2021 5:21 pm

jk31 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

I am sorry but how many pacers games did watch last season (and the seasons before)? the offense under coach mcmillan was horrendous. Yes, they did exceed expectations year after year. but this archaic iso-heavy offense must go. i am glad they did fire mcmillan finally and tried something new. this season is now a big injuryfest and I cannot blame coach bjorkgren for ending up that low. at least the offense looks much more appealing now. the rest will follow if given enough time, a more fitting roster to the style he wanna play AND a more healthy roster!

The way I see it, you’re only helping prove my point. Your expectations for the Pacers were higher than their talent level allowed them to be. He was able to build teams with elite level defenses and average level offenses and they simply didn’t have the talent to be a great offensive team. But i feel they really overachieved on defense. A new coach comes in and the defense, even before all the injuries, had fallen off quite a bit. That’s the risk you take. But GM’s will do that so the focus isn’t on the roster they put together. It buys them time.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#8 » by IWishIWasHarden » Fri May 7, 2021 6:11 pm

What situation? You didn't mention anything? This site has terrible reporting.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,440

Post#9 » by mtcan » Fri May 7, 2021 6:43 pm

At most other employers...this is the time when you are walked out of the building by 2 security guards. The Pacers need to cut Nate loose now. This is getting embarrassing for both the Pacers and for the coach. When this leaks to the media and isn't dealt with directly between front office and the implicated individual...it just feels so unprofessional.

Put the man out of his misery and fire him already.
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#10 » by radeonboy » Fri May 7, 2021 8:24 pm

The title of this article and the source article itself is hilariously bad. I mean the character assassination continues against Nate. No one knows who the sources are or if they are made up/leaked by someone. Now you have terrible reporting that suggests Nate is on suicide watch. WTF is going on. Hopefully Nate can sue for libel.

There's two sides to the story and one is being taken as gospel.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#11 » by DoItALL9 » Fri May 7, 2021 9:08 pm

Trade Bjorkgren for SVG,

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#12 » by DoItALL9 » Fri May 7, 2021 9:09 pm

Trade Bjorkgren for SVG (tonight)

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
rapluva
Analyst
And1: 938

Post#13 » by rapluva » Fri May 7, 2021 10:03 pm

Wow..Nate has turned the Hawks around.. what about the talent that was added to that Hawks team.. also it helps when u have a point guard that is dynamic..

I do agree though .. something is wrong in the Pacers locker room.. they have talent that is good enough to win in the East.. not sure what's happening.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#14 » by Topofthekey » Fri May 7, 2021 10:27 pm

The_Hater wrote:
jk31 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

The way I see it, you’re only helping prove my point. Your expectations for the Pacers were higher than their talent level allowed them to be. He was able to build teams with elite level defenses and average level offenses and they simply didn’t have the talent to be a great offensive team. But i feel they really overachieved on defense. A new coach comes in and the defense, even before all the injuries, had fallen off quite a bit. That’s the risk you take. But GM’s will do that so the focus isn’t on the roster they put together. It buys them time.

Spoken like someone who has zero idea what he's talking about

Pacers credit their defense to long time assistant coach Dan Burke

Nate McMillan had very little to do with it
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#15 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Fri May 7, 2021 10:31 pm

radeonboy wrote:The title of this article and the source article itself is hilariously bad. I mean the character assassination continues against Nate. No one knows who the sources are or if they are made up/leaked by someone. Now you have terrible reporting that suggests Nate is on suicide watch. WTF is going on. Hopefully Nate can sue for libel.

There's two sides to the story and one is being taken as gospel.

I agree completely. Every one of your points is spot on.
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
DarkoNeedsAfro
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,239

Post#16 » by DarkoNeedsAfro » Sat May 8, 2021 12:32 am

Did they forget to paste part of the article?? What “situation”? If you are gonna copy and paste ya gotta do a better job!
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 113

Post#17 » by njknicks » Sat May 8, 2021 1:41 am

Pacers are doing everything in their power to dump their futile season on the coach.

The reality is the blame squarely lays on Kevin Pritchard.

Who in their right mind extends a coaching contract only to fire him 2 weeks later? And then hires a coach without due diligence who all of the sudden is being made out to be a pariah?

All the blame on Kevin Pritchard - when the President of Bball operations can not do a simple / proper background check on a coach then the franchise will sputter.
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#18 » by 23artest23 » Sat May 8, 2021 3:03 am

These people singing McMillan's tune and adding their piece as if they have a clue are pitiful. The Pacers out-of-date offense they ran for years...that was McMillans work. The defense had been largely run by Dan Burke...for years. Pacers brass should've never extended him and thank heavens they moved on. I hope he continues doing well in Atlanta but thank heavens we moved on. Give Nate some time here in Indiana. The players sure seemed impressed with him early on and the team is a ton more entertaining to watch.

Edit: If Sabonis wants him gone, banish him beyond the furthest reaches of the earth.
jk31
Rookie
And1: 668

Post#19 » by jk31 » Sat May 8, 2021 1:36 pm

rapluva wrote:

Wow..Nate has turned the Hawks around.. what about the talent that was added to that Hawks team.. also it helps when u have a point guard that is dynamic..

I do agree though .. something is wrong in the Pacers locker room.. they have talent that is good enough to win in the East.. not sure what's happening.

INJURIES!!!! The defense is and has been catastrophic all season with Sabonis as center. It has been like that every time that myles turner went to the bench. Now they have to play 48 minutes without Myles Turner and guess what? the defense is horrible since then. Additionally most pacers rotation players missed at least 10 games this season. Don't know how many games there were where every Pacers starter (minus TJ Warren) was healthy. Not that many. How can you expect a team that is build around solid team play because of lack of real star power) to win the east when many players are injured all the time?
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#20 » by LloydFree » Sat May 8, 2021 3:31 pm

The_Hater wrote:

Exactly. The Pacers played well above their talent level for the last few years. Then in the playoffs, every team in the conference was jockeying to get them in the 1st round, because they knew

The coaches made the GM look competent. Then he stabs them in the back. Now the heats on Pritchard.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down

Return to Wiretap Discussion