Kyle Lowry Discusses Priorities Ahead Of Free Agency

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kyle Lowry Discusses Priorities Ahead Of Free Agency 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 19, 2021 9:04 pm

Kyle Lowry will be a free agent this offseason and his future with the Toronto Raptors is incredibly uncertain after he was nearly traded at the deadline. 

“Money talks, and years talk, and all that stuff,” Lowry said Tuesday. “Let’s be real. I play this game for the love of the game, but at the end of the day, I want to make sure my family is still taken care of for generations and the time to come. Even though they are now, I wanna continue to be able to do that for my family, and when I pass away, (their families). And then (I want to) be able to give back to the communities that I support and give back to the things that I love, and to continue to build my brand as an ownership-type person, entrepreneurship-type things.”

The Miami Heat, Dallas Mavericks and New York Knicks are likely the only three teams with the requisite cap space and roster fit to sign Lowry outright. 

Lowry believes the Raptors could become title contenders again. 

“I think the organization, the team, is still there,” Lowry said. “It still can play at a championship level. It needs to add a couple of pieces here and there, but with the leadership and the coaching staff and the players that the team has, it’s not far off. And there’s only one champion. Every year there’s only one champion. Only one team can get to that level and I think the leadership of the organization and the players, they’re in good hands.”

Via Eric Koreen/The Athletic

Ballknowledge
Sophomore
And1: 28

Re: Kyle Lowry Discusses Priorities Ahead Of Free Agency 

Post#2 » by Ballknowledge » Wed May 19, 2021 10:09 pm

The GOAT raptor, was a hell of a run and he will be a legend in the city forever. Hopefully he’s able to sign somewhere that he can compete for another championship
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#3 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:58 am

Ballknowledge wrote:The GOAT raptor, was a hell of a run and he will be a legend in the city forever. Hopefully he’s able to sign somewhere that he can compete for another championship

Kawhi is the GOAT raptor and you know it
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,355

Post#4 » by PerfectJab » Wed Jun 2, 2021 8:09 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
Ballknowledge wrote:The GOAT raptor, was a hell of a run and he will be a legend in the city forever. Hopefully he’s able to sign somewhere that he can compete for another championship

Kawhi is the GOAT raptor and you know it

Wait, you mean GOAT is NOT subjective and based on one owns opinion and unequivocally absolute? You're a silly naïve young grasshopper.

Forget the fact that Lowry is one of the longest tenured Raptor's with his name in multiple all time records. Forget what he has done over the course of his career with the Raptor's and the community. Tenure and loyalty doesn't matter especially for a sport which bases its revenue on its fans.
megalison
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#5 » by megalison » Wed Jun 2, 2021 8:19 pm

I'd love for Kyle to sign with the Mavs. Great vet for Luka and a generally likeable franchise.

That said, bet he'll just go with the team willing to give him the biggest deal. He's got the ring and likely will be in the HOF. No need to sacrifice $.

Return to Wiretap Discussion