Re: Pacers Undecided On Whether To Retain Nate Bjorkgren

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Pacers Undecided On Whether To Retain Nate Bjorkgren 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon May 24, 2021 6:08 pm

The Indiana Pacers will not immediately make a decision on whether to retain Nate Bjorkgren as head coach next season.

Bjorkgren's future has come under scrutiny due to reports of issues within the team.

"In the exit meetings, no one said they they were unhappy," said Kevin Pritchard. "Yes, they said he micromanages.... Nate had to find his identity... He's our coach as of now.... I'm not committing either way (to whether or not he comes back)."

Bjorkgren replaced Nate McMillan as head coach last offseason.

"I've got a young coach with super talent and X and Os but needs some (improvement) in human management," added Pritchard.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN, J.Michael/Indianapolis Star

Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,075

Post#2 » by Lockdown504090 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:34 pm

the amount of coaches out there than can do better and this is even a question? :lol: Man showed 0 leadership. Hes an assistant.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,703

Post#3 » by Johnny Bball » Mon May 24, 2021 7:51 pm

Well these are the words of a true leader by Pritchard. Nobody's perfect and doesn't mean he should be canned, unless he can't improve.
Biff
Starter
And1: 1,181

Post#4 » by Biff » Mon May 24, 2021 8:22 pm

X's and O's mean squat if your guys aren't buying in and going to war for you. Pacers need a coach the players will play their butts off for and everything that came out of the Pacers locker room is that the players don't like him. That's a problem.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,993

Post#5 » by 31to6 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:53 pm

Wow, those are some pretty frank comments!

Indy, please feel free to take Brad Stevens. We are about done with him. Also good at Xs and Os and unlike your guy, totally passive interpersonal skills, so no one's feathers will get ruffled, ever. He'll put you all gently to sleep while talking about how great the opposition is. They're just really excellent. They just played outstanding tonight. We'll just have to try to come together and find a way to get better. But hats off to the other team, they were really great. Just phenomenal effort and execution by them. I love the other team so much. Please let me out of my contract in Boston so I can go coach the other team.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#6 » by The_Hater » Mon May 24, 2021 9:12 pm

With the stuff the organization has allowed to leak to the media, I don’t see how they can possibly bring him back.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,922

Post#7 » by tmorgan » Tue May 25, 2021 12:46 am

It’s interesting that you can be good at one part of a head coach’s job and still (possibly) keep the position.

Bjorkgren knows his stuff but no one likes him.
Dwane Casey’s guys will run through a wall for him, but he consistently gets out-couched in games.

Rare is the coach that gets both elements mostly right. Pop, at least a decade or so ago, definitely did. Phil knew how to delegate and share responsibility with Tex so he could be mostly a leader and philosopher. Chuck Daley was good at both. There aren’t many, really. Maybe Spo, but I’m not sure how much of the leadership is his and how much is actually Riley’s. Pat himself was pretty strong in both areas once upon a time.
niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#8 » by niha17 » Tue May 25, 2021 3:01 am

they talked about this guy all year hes not coming back
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Re: Re: Pacers Undecided On Whether To Retain Nate Bjorkgren 

Post#9 » by ElectricMayhem » Tue May 25, 2021 5:18 am

He's our coach as of now.... I'm not committing either way

It's hard to bring him back after you come out and say this.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
Pacewrs05
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#10 » by Pacewrs05 » Tue May 25, 2021 4:57 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:Well these are the words of a true leader by Pritchard. Nobody's perfect and doesn't mean he should be canned, unless he can't improve.

Pritchard should be gone . Got Rid of Nate a top coach in the league. To upgrade to a coach that can effectively communicate with the players. Now they are saying he is great at x and I’d but needs a lot of work with his style and communication. It is well chronicled that he list both his coaches respect and several players. They basically hurt a Holidays development by playing him out of position and than complained about his defense playing a wing. Change Pritchard , hire a coach that concentrates on defense and balance the roster. There are several good players of value that either duplicate each other or are injury prone.

Return to Wiretap Discussion