Donovan Mitchell's Relationship With Jazz 'Damaged This Week'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Donovan Mitchell's Relationship With Jazz 'Damaged This Week' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue May 25, 2021 2:03 pm

Donovan Mitchell was a late scratch for Game 1 for the Utah Jazz against the Memphis Grizzlies, which came as a surprise to him and left him "definitely frustrated and upset" with the franchise.

"I will tell you this: Donovan's relationship with the organization was damaged this week," said Brian Windhorst on his podcast on Tuesday. "Is it damaged to the point where it can't be repaired? I'm not saying that. Is it something that they'll get past and he'll just move on and it will just be a blip on the radar screen? Maybe. Maybe they're in The Finals in two months and who cares? Maybe they win the next four games and it's totally forgotten. But right now, Donovan is hurting. He's really hurting the way this happened. 

"Something else that's important, he was out five weeks give or take. April 16th I think the injury was and now we're at the end of May. Five or six weeks. Early on in the recovery process, he was not recovering well. And so he stopped working exclusively with the team and he hired and brought, and he already had his own trainer, and he brought in his own trainer to begin rehabbing with that trainer."

Mitchell signed a five-year max extension worth up to $195 million deal with the Jazz last offseason.

"Regardless of what it means in this moment in times, what it means going forward for Donovan Mitchell and the Jazz is something to keep an eye on," added Windhorst. "I know he has just signed this huge contract extension and it hasn't kicked in yet. I'm not saying anything there. I'm just saying damage was done. Damage was done here."

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

TMac Culloch
Sophomore
And1: 53

Re: Donovan Mitchell's Relationship With Jazz 'Damaged This Week' 

Post#2 » by TMac Culloch » Tue May 25, 2021 2:26 pm

Yeah if they sweep the next four this becomes forever forgotten
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#3 » by Am2626 » Tue May 25, 2021 2:37 pm

TMac Culloch wrote:Yeah if they sweep the next four this becomes forever forgotten

What if they lose this series? Will he try and force a trade?
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,896

Post#4 » by mastermixer » Tue May 25, 2021 2:37 pm

Brian “Blowing Wind”horst

I’m placing more blame on Realgm than Windy because they pull quotes from his podcasts like they are statements, when he’s really just trying to kill air time in a 2 hour podcast. But they post these quotes from Windy like they are statements of fact, when it’s more likely just Windy’s opinion based on nothing
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
DubaiRaptors
Freshman
And1: 122

Post#5 » by DubaiRaptors » Tue May 25, 2021 2:41 pm

Brian Windhorst is the king of saying a lot without saying anything. His relationship with Utah is damaged this week? lol. So next week all will be ok then? This is another attempt at Brian pretending like he has some inside sources when in fact he is just making up ****. Nothing to see here folks, complete waste of your time.
lonea
Rookie
And1: 526

Post#6 » by lonea » Tue May 25, 2021 2:57 pm

mitchell gotta be the biggest crybaby in the league after lebron

i remember last year his beef with gobert and said the same about damaged relationship

now, jazz had a legitimate reason to sit him and he complains about it.
lonea
Rookie
And1: 526

Post#7 » by lonea » Tue May 25, 2021 2:59 pm

This is a team game, not a ISO game for 48 minutes.

If Mitchell thinks he can win this series by himself then the Jazz should definitely trade him, because he's clearly in over his head.

The Jazz didn't become #1 seed by him sitting out for the last 20 games.

Am2626 wrote:
TMac Culloch wrote:Yeah if they sweep the next four this becomes forever forgotten

What if they lose this series? Will he try and force a trade?
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#8 » by RiotPunch » Tue May 25, 2021 3:03 pm

Windy is such a gossip girl.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,724

Post#9 » by HotelVitale » Tue May 25, 2021 3:42 pm

DubaiRaptors wrote:Brian Windhorst is the king of saying a lot without saying anything. His relationship with Utah is damaged this week? lol. So next week all will be ok then? This is another attempt at Brian pretending like he has some inside sources when in fact he is just making up ****. Nothing to see here folks, complete waste of your time.

Yeah, "Donovan Mitchell wasn't happy he didn't get to play game 1" is the actual news here, the rest is editorializing.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#10 » by Richard Miller » Tue May 25, 2021 3:55 pm

mastermixer wrote:Brian “Blowing Wind”horst

I’m placing more blame on Realgm than Windy because they pull quotes from his podcasts like they are statements, when he’s really just trying to kill air time in a 2 hour podcast. But they post these quotes from Windy like they are statements of fact, when it’s more likely just Windy’s opinion based on nothing

Not so sure, getting your own trainer and not trusting your team is no small matter, as seen in Kawhi's case
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#11 » by Winsome Gerbil » Tue May 25, 2021 4:02 pm

Yeah, you can practically feel the strain to cast innuendo while never committing to anything right through the screen. "

"I'm not saying it will be anything, it may be nothing, but..."

These are the NBA "sources" where i personally could put together the exact same report, minus the tidbit about him bringing in his own trainer.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,349

Post#12 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue May 25, 2021 4:29 pm

Donovan has to squash stories like these, or else the media is going to turn his entire career into "will he leave and which team will he join next?".

You don't want that kind of drama in your life, Donovan. Make the media feel stupid for even talking about it... even when it may be a little true.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
beeshma
Starter
And1: 1,766

Post#13 » by beeshma » Tue May 25, 2021 4:30 pm

This type of article is the main reason why a part of me hates the NBA, and why following NBA news is a complete waste of one's life.

Shame on you Brian Windhorst.
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,239

Post#14 » by trex_8063 » Tue May 25, 2021 4:34 pm

That's kinda how it seemed to me, too. This struck me as an odd little wiretap mini. Was there any "an inside source said" or "Donovan expressed frustration"? No, neither.

And short those things, how would Windhorst know? He wouldn't.

Feels like he's trying to stir up drama out of thin air.....apparently just for the hell of it???
I wouldn't think being sat one more game as a precaution to be such a relationship-crippling occurrence anyway.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
sean1913
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#15 » by sean1913 » Tue May 25, 2021 4:46 pm

rubbish. i'm sure UJ said, " hey lets lose this game potentially by keeping our franchiseplayer on the sidelines when we don't have to just for S&G's" he ain't going anywhere, 5/195 hasn't even kicked in and if one game lost now means their chances are ruined they shouldn't be here!

he may be upset but he's ( supposedly ) not an idiot
all the talent in the world and no heart equals nada
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#16 » by delsol650 » Tue May 25, 2021 5:01 pm

Brian "WINDCRAP" throwing various shyt at the wall again to see if something actually sticks, then if it does, acts like he actually has sources. They need to get rid of all these talking head hacks :crazy:
mccluskey
Pro Prospect
And1: 620

Post#17 » by mccluskey » Tue May 25, 2021 5:37 pm

beeshma wrote:This type of article is the main reason why a part of me hates the NBA, and why following NBA news is a complete waste of one's life.

Shame on you Brian Windhorst.

no kidding, this is a non-story. NBA media are like a bunch of high school girls with stuff like this.
saltybs
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#18 » by saltybs » Tue May 25, 2021 5:44 pm

i just took time out of my day to log into RealGM to add, as others have already stated:

Brian Windhorst is the absolute worst. Go away gossip girl.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 313

Post#19 » by TimeisIllmatic » Tue May 25, 2021 6:13 pm

Sounds like BS. Donovan would be one of the softest players in the NBA if that was the case.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#20 » by JediMasterRevan » Tue May 25, 2021 7:12 pm

Come to boston to plau woth your 2 clowe friends donnovan

Return to Wiretap Discussion