76ers Revoke Season Tickets For Fan Who Dumped Popcorn On Russell Westbrook

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

76ers Revoke Season Tickets For Fan Who Dumped Popcorn On Russell Westbrook 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 27, 2021 3:12 pm

The Philadelphia 76ers have revoked the season ticket membership of the fan who dumped popcorn on Russell Westbrook. The fan has also been banned from all events at Wells Fargo Center indefinitely.

The 76ers also apologized to Westbrook.

"We apologize to Russell Westbrook and the Washington Wizards for being subjected to this type of unacceptable and disrespectful behavior," wrote the team in a statement. "There is no place for it in our sport or arena."

Via RealGM Staff Report

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,541

Re: 76ers Revoke Season Tickets For Fan Who Dumped Popcorn On Russell Westbrook 

Post#2 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu May 27, 2021 3:57 pm

should be a league-wide ban.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,175

Post#3 » by Lockdown504090 » Thu May 27, 2021 5:09 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:should be a league-wide ban.

agreed. I want to see a misdemeanor charge brought up as well,just so that maybe the friends of drunk friends can stop them from doing stupidity.
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 116

Post#4 » by njknicks » Thu May 27, 2021 6:26 pm

The league / 76ers should set a firm example against this type of behavior.

Revoking season tickets does not go far enough -- permanently ban this fan & file charges -- league needs to set an example of expected fan / player interaction to keep both the fan & player safe.

Attending a game gives you NO right to physically disgrace a player or assault a player -- Any fan throwing any object at a player needs to be held accountable.
arbsn
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#5 » by arbsn » Thu May 27, 2021 6:26 pm

Such a soft wack ass culture we have now.... In Europe these guys are getting D batteries chucked at their heads.

It's called being a **** warrior.

I hate this soft ****... OHHH I GOT POPCORN ON MY HEAD HOW CAN I LIVEEEEEE.. only to go home to their $30m/year
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 109

Post#6 » by dubbmotta » Thu May 27, 2021 6:35 pm

arbsn wrote:Such a soft wack ass culture we have now.... In Europe these guys are getting D batteries chucked at their heads.

I hate this soft ****... OHHH I GOT POPCORN ON MY HEAD HOW CAN I LIVEEEEEE.. only to go home to their $30m/year

We'll in here in America you throw popcorn on someone on the street you might get your azz whipped, stabbed or shot...so yea don't fuc with people in our country and not expect consequences...weak to throw shyt at people if you're not going to knuckle up with them...that what's really soft..
alienpick
Starter
And1: 620

Post#7 » by alienpick » Thu May 27, 2021 7:12 pm

Wow. Guess we have a bunch of perfect people on here who have never made a mistake in their life. Better hope they never do... because, wow.

It's popcorn.

Give the guy the boot for the playoffs and that's it. If he does anything like it again, then talk about a bigger ban. People aren't perfect and the punishment needs to match the mistake. Punishment is supposed to teach a lesson and be a deterrent.

Life time ban from all NBA games / Assault ? Why not call for capital punishment while your at it? Jeez smh
76ers1776
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by 76ers1776 » Fri May 28, 2021 7:19 am

njknicks wrote:The league / 76ers should set a firm example against this type of behavior.

Revoking season tickets does not go far enough -- permanently ban this fan & file charges -- league needs to set an example of expected fan / player interaction to keep both the fan & player safe.

Attending a game gives you NO right to physically disgrace a player or assault a player -- Any fan throwing any object at a player needs to be held accountable.

That’s not how it works. You can’t file charges for someone dropping a couple kernels of popcorn on you. Where are the damages or injuries ?
76ers1776
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#9 » by 76ers1776 » Fri May 28, 2021 7:20 am

dubbmotta wrote:
arbsn wrote:Such a soft wack ass culture we have now.... In Europe these guys are getting D batteries chucked at their heads.

We'll in here in America you throw popcorn on someone on the street you might get your azz whipped, stabbed or shot...so yea don't fuc with people in our country and not expect consequences...weak to throw shyt at people if you're not going to knuckle up with them...that what's really soft..

Westbrook didn’t do anything because he is a giant wuss like you
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 116

Post#10 » by njknicks » Fri May 28, 2021 3:27 pm

76ers1776 wrote:
njknicks wrote:The league / 76ers should set a firm example against this type of behavior.

That’s not how it works. You can’t file charges for someone dropping a couple kernels of popcorn on you. Where are the damages or injuries ?

File charges as in public disturbance ( community service ) : some type of penalty / fine - allowing this to go unpunished gives green light to other irresponsible fans. What's next after dumping your half eaten food on a player as he exits with injury?
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 197

Post#11 » by 23artest23 » Sun May 30, 2021 6:22 pm

alienpick wrote:Wow. Guess we have a bunch of perfect people on here who have never made a mistake in their life. Better hope they never do... because, wow.

It's popcorn.

Give the guy the boot for the playoffs and that's it. If he does anything like it again, then talk about a bigger ban. People aren't perfect and the punishment needs to match the mistake. Punishment is supposed to teach a lesson and be a deterrent.

Life time ban from all NBA games / Assault ? Why not call for capital punishment while your at it? Jeez smh

If you are so incredibly disrespectful and dumb to a point that you would throw things at the players you just spent good money to go watch, nothing short of a lifetime ban is appropriate. We don't want folks like that at games and we definitely do not need them. Those are the sortve folks that need to stay home or find another sport.

Return to Wiretap Discussion