Chris Paul Alludes To 11-Game Losing Streak In Playoffs When Scott Foster Refs

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Chris Paul Alludes To 11-Game Losing Streak In Playoffs When Scott Foster Refs 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri May 28, 2021 7:48 pm

Chris Paul wasn't directly asked about the officiating during his press conference following a Game 3 loss by the Phoenix Suns to the Los Angeles Lakers, but he alluded to it.

"If I was a betting man, 11 games in a row," Paul said. "Eleven games in a row."

The reference was to Paul's losing streak in the playoffs when Scott Foster is refereeing. 

Both Paul and James Harden were teammates in Houston, they each had issues with Foster. 

Paul didn't say Foster's name Thursday night, perhaps in the hopes of avoiding a fine.

Via Kent Somers/Arizona Republic

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: Chris Paul Alludes To 11-Game Losing Streak In Playoffs When Scott Foster Refs 

Post#2 » by br7knicks » Sat May 29, 2021 12:41 am

Correlation = causation, CP3. Obviously.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Re: Chris Paul Alludes To 11-Game Losing Streak In Playoffs When Scott Foster Refs 

Post#3 » by niha17 » Sat May 29, 2021 12:51 am

Excuses
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#4 » by IWishIWasHarden » Sat May 29, 2021 2:16 am

Fantastic. I really appreciate him speaking his mind.

I have no idea how Foster is still employed. He isn't good at reffing.
KingsTime
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#5 » by KingsTime » Sat May 29, 2021 2:27 am

Haha, no comment needed
Eshay lad ya dogg
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,710

Post#6 » by Kurtz » Sat May 29, 2021 4:34 am

br7knicks wrote:Correlation = causation, CP3. Obviously.

11 straight is pretty statistically improbable for a guy who is above 500% in his playoff career.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#7 » by LAKESHOW » Sat May 29, 2021 5:47 am

The Refs seen the replay of him trying to rip the Kings arm off. For that Ye Shall Pay!
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#8 » by Slava » Sat May 29, 2021 10:14 am

Refereeing won’t be fair to Paul until he is allowed to bring a hammer to games and kneecap dudes trying to guard him. The gall of this dude to be complaining after intentionally trying to injure two opponents in one game is amazing.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#9 » by br7knicks » Sat May 29, 2021 12:35 pm

Kurtz wrote:
br7knicks wrote:Correlation = causation, CP3. Obviously.

11 straight is pretty statistically improbable for a guy who is above 500% in his playoff career.

i actually agree with you on that. to couple that with the fact that the NBA and their refs have a history of rigging the playoffs also makes it even worse.

but i feel this is chris paul blaming something else for his failures of the PO
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#10 » by 23artest23 » Sat May 29, 2021 2:02 pm

For those of you not familiar with Foster or those of you that want to make snide comments, you should take some time to research Scott. He is the go to ref when the NBA wants to dictate the victor. He was a close friend to the disgraced Timmy. I could go on and on.

Do yourself a favor...download the TuneIn Radio app...search for "The Whistleblower"...download each episode and listen. You'll know who Scott Foster is.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,445

Post#11 » by robillionaire » Sat May 29, 2021 2:56 pm

It’s not Scott foster’s fault cp3 is a playoff choker and loser. He should catch a fine for this
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#12 » by LightTheBeam » Sat May 29, 2021 5:53 pm

People really defending Scott Foster? The same guy who received 134 calls from Tim Donaghy.

Lol.. This guy is just as dirty as Tim, he just wasn't used as the scape goat.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#13 » by nedleeds » Sat May 29, 2021 6:10 pm

134 calls from Tim Dogg. How the guy is employed is complete insanity.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
DwayneSchintzus
Rookie
And1: 1,486

Post#14 » by DwayneSchintzus » Sat May 29, 2021 6:10 pm

I can't stand either of them but CP3 is in the right here.

Just more corruption from Silver in the tradition of David Stern.
These are the opinions of one lifelong Spurs fan, nothing more
FrobeBryant
Senior
And1: 697

Post#15 » by FrobeBryant » Sat May 29, 2021 9:39 pm

Pretty pathetic of CP3 to bring this up time and time again after he loses. Just take the L like a man and move on. No need to sully the organization that made you just because a few calls have gone against you or your team. I get the competitive spirit, but bring that same attitude when you play and don’t bitch and moan about it after.
23artest23
Head Coach

Post#16 » by 23artest23 » Sat May 29, 2021 10:09 pm

FrobeBryant wrote:Pretty pathetic of CP3 to bring this up time and time again after he loses. Just take the L like a man and move on. No need to sully the organization that made you just because a few calls have gone against you or your team. I get the competitive spirit, but bring that same attitude when you play and don’t bitch and moan about it after.

You need to do some research on the history that Paul alludes to.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,148

Post#17 » by druggas » Sat May 29, 2021 10:54 pm

Blame everyone but yourself.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#18 » by MAMBAEMD » Sat May 29, 2021 11:11 pm

This statement by Paul is great proof as to why he has never been successful in the playoffs. His own personal stats have always been okay but he has not been able to take his teams to the next level. Blaming a single referee for some of his losses just reeks of lack of personal accountability and leadership.
He is a undersized PG who can’t get to the rim and although he has perfected the mid-range game , the game has changed and is no longer a mid-range league.

I don’t necessarily agree that he is a choker, but certainly don’t have much respect for him as a leader. These statements don’t help the young Suns players who truly have a promising future, but need to continue to get better.

Instead of blaming a ref, he should look in the mirror .
Formerly lakerRD
coolbyme
Junior
And1: 48

Post#19 » by coolbyme » Sun May 30, 2021 7:00 am

23artest23 wrote:For those of you not familiar with Foster or those of you that want to make snide comments, you should take some time to research Scott. He is the go to ref when the NBA wants to dictate the victor. He was a close friend to the disgraced Timmy. I could go on and on.

Do yourself a favor...download the TuneIn Radio app...search for "The Whistleblower"...download each episode and listen. You'll know who Scott Foster is.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm listening to the Whistleblower now, cheers
23artest23
Head Coach

Post#20 » by 23artest23 » Sun May 30, 2021 6:13 pm

coolbyme wrote:
23artest23 wrote:For those of you not familiar with Foster or those of you that want to make snide comments, you should take some time to research Scott. He is the go to ref when the NBA wants to dictate the victor. He was a close friend to the disgraced Timmy. I could go on and on.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm listening to the Whistleblower now, cheers

No prob, hope that you enjoy. I know I found it be very eye opening and while I dont accept it all as fact, I 100% believe that at least a decent portion of it to be real and true. Too many shady coincidences to believe they are all just coincidences.

Return to Wiretap Discussion