Mavericks Will Retain Rick Carlisle For 21-22

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Mavericks Will Retain Rick Carlisle For 21-22 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:25 pm

Rick Carlisle will remain as head coach of the Dallas Mavericks next season. 

The Mavericks have been eliminated by the Los Angeles Clippers in each of the past two playoffs.

"Let me tell you how I look at coaching," Cuban told Tim MacMahon. "You don't make a change to make a change. Unless you have someone that you know is much, much, much better, the grass is rarely greener on the other side."

Carlisle was asked about his future following the Mavericks' Game 7 loss.

"That's a question you'll have to ask Mark," said Carlisle. "I obviously do, but I'd text him and see what he has to say about it."

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Re: Mavericks Will Retain Rick Carlisle For 21-22 

Post#2 » by BigTex » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:26 pm

Re: "Let me tell you how I look at coaching," Cuban told Tim MacMahon. "You don't make a change to make a change. Unless you have someone that you know is much, much, much better, the grass is rarely greener on the other side."

One several reasons that Cuban is one of the best owners in the league. Very smart decission.
jk31
Rookie
And1: 668

Post#3 » by jk31 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:34 pm

BigTex wrote:Re: "Let me tell you how I look at coaching," Cuban told Tim MacMahon. "You don't make a change to make a change. Unless you have someone that you know is much, much, much better, the grass is rarely greener on the other side."

One several reasons that Cuban is one of the best owners in the league. Very smart decission.

Especially as they actually have one of the best coaches in rick carlisle.
DoctorDunc
Junior
And1: 45

Post#4 » by DoctorDunc » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:54 pm

They will change something. Not Luca, not the coach then it is definitely KP, but how?
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#5 » by MitchB3 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:05 pm

I'm giving him one more season; if they get Luka the pieces and this doesn't make it pass the 1st round than it's time to let him go.

Return to Wiretap Discussion