Jarron Collins Leaves Warriors As He Seeks Advancement Toward Head Coaching Job

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jarron Collins Leaves Warriors As He Seeks Advancement Toward Head Coaching Job 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:15 pm

Jarron Collins and the Golden State Warriors have agreed to part ways as he pursues head coaching and associate head coach opportunities. 

Collins joined the Warriors prior to the team's 2014-15 NBA championship campaign as a player development coach.

Collins was the defensive coordinator for the Warriors over the past two seasons. 

"This is about myself and my own personal growth," Collins told ESPN's The Undefeated. "I had a conversation with (head coach) Steve (Kerr) and the Warriors. I've been there seven years and coached Hall of Fame players. We've won championships. I learned so much. For me, this is about taking the next journey and next step in my career.

"Obviously, Steve Kerr is the head coach and Mike Brown is the lead assistant. It's time for me to step out and see whatever opportunities are out there for me."

Collins has interviewed for head coaching vacancies in recent years with the Chicago Bulls, Memphis Grizzlies and Atlanta Hawks. 

Via Marc J. Spears/The Undefeated

MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Re: Jarron Collins Leaves Warriors As He Seeks Advancement Toward Head Coaching Job 

Post#2 » by MitchB3 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:12 pm

Patrick Ewing was an assistant coach for 10+ years before he got a head coaching job at Georgetown. Jarron Collins needs to be patient and relax the opportunity will come.

Return to Wiretap Discussion