Re: Mike D'Antoni Interested In Becoming Head Coach Of Blazers 

Post#22 » by donemilio21 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:47 pm

I am interested too. Call me Olshey!
KingElessar
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#23 » by KingElessar » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:23 pm

Couldn't agree more. We all know what happened to that team. They said bye-bye to Capela despite having career highs and went micro ball. They need a coach that emphasizes on ball movement and defense. I was rooting for them this season as that team was stacked and can play defense. Covington and Powell are great 3&D players, Stotts just didn't know how to use them.

trix17 wrote:
njknicks wrote:Blazers would be Rockets 2.0

Nurkic = Capela lite
Covington = Tucker 2.0
Powell = Gordon 2.0
Dame = Mini Harden
CJ = CP3 lite

That's some next level dumb ****. Capella and Nurk are nothing alike. CJ and CP3 couldn't BE more opposite. In fact none of these comparisons are close except maybe Dame playing similar to Harden but even then. Very different styles.

What's the rationale here? Player height? Apart from that, these comparisons are so far off I don't know how you could be a basketball fan and make them...
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 112

Post#24 » by njknicks » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:50 am

trix17 wrote:
njknicks wrote:Blazers would be Rockets 2.0

Nurkic = Capela lite
Covington = Tucker 2.0
Powell = Gordon 2.0
Dame = Mini Harden
CJ = CP3 lite

That's some next level dumb ****. Capella and Nurk are nothing alike. CJ and CP3 couldn't BE more opposite. In fact none of these comparisons are close except maybe Dame playing similar to Harden but even then. Very different styles.

What's the rationale here? Player height? Apart from that, these comparisons are so far off I don't know how you could be a basketball fan and make them...

Rationale is that Blazers have the offensive capability similar to the Harden / CP3 rockets teams that would be unlocked with D'Antoni -- no doubt CP3 is an all time PG as is Harden an all time scorer, no "comparison" -- similarity is Dame as a superstar scorer, CJ / Powell in terms offensive efficiency, Covington as a versatile defender ( not near or @ the level of PJ Tucker, but has the ability to defend multiple positions ) and Nurkic as a rugged center ( this year his #'s are down but last year averaged 17.6ppg / 10.3apg / 4apg / 2bpg / 1.4spg )

Return to Wiretap Discussion