Kevin Pritchard Assured He'll Remain As GM Of Pacers

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Kevin Pritchard Assured He'll Remain As GM Of Pacers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:01 pm

The Indiana Pacers had a disappointing 20-21 season in which they fired Nate Bjorkgren as head coach after one season, but Kevin Pritchard will remain in his role running the front office. 

"Let me say a few things about Indiana," said Brian Windhorst. "One, I know Kevin Pritchard, their general manager, came out and gave a press conference and made it sound like his future was in some sort of doubt there. That is no longer the case. He has been assured he will be there. I don't think he was ever really in danger. Herb Simon, who is the owner of the team, is extremely close to him. They have an extremely close relationship. It doesn't mean they couldn't make a change. Without going too far, I will say Kevin Pritchard has been assured he's going to be there."

The Pacers are not planning on hiring a first time head coach during this cycle and have now been linked with possibly hiring Rick Carlisle. 

"I don't know how much longer Kevin Pritchard wants to be in that job," added Windhorst.

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

Pacewrs05
Ballboy
And1: 8

Re: Kevin Pritchard Assured He'll Remain As GM Of Pacers 

Post#2 » by Pacewrs05 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:35 pm

Pritchard staying means they will have a hard time getting a strong coach, additionally, it means that stupid trades and his involvement with playuers means Pacers stay the same old team. If the Pacers were smart they would get rid of GM so they coud get a freash start and move forward.
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 112

Post#3 » by njknicks » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:53 pm

Pacewrs05 wrote:Pritchard staying means they will have a hard time getting a strong coach, additionally, it means that stupid trades and his involvement with playuers means Pacers stay the same old team. If the Pacers were smart they would get rid of GM so they coud get a freash start and move forward.

Completely agree 100% -- do not know how you can justify Pritchard staying with his colossal blunder of extending / firing McMillian and hiring / firing Bjorkgren -- not only did he set the franchise back talent wise, but financially as well in a smaller market.

Pacers need a fresh start both from a management & player perspective.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,232

Post#4 » by boomershadow » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:01 pm

Pretty sure Chad Buchanan will remain as Pacers GM lol
Pacewrs05
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#5 » by Pacewrs05 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:29 pm

boomershadow wrote:Pretty sure Chad Buchanan will remain as Pacers GM lol

I stand corrected, However, Pritchard is making all BB operation decisions. No One wants to play in Indiana ( Free Agents) accept TJ Mconnel who is at best a rotation player. Who is pesky on defense but Not a great defender. Brogdon wants out TJ Warren wants out, A Holiday wants out and I think anyone can observe that having both Sabonis and Turner together has not worked out. Lamb was overpaid and is injired a lot. I do not know who the trainer or what the medical staff imput is with players. However, that needs a redo also. To many injuries.

Coaching, How can they let Pritchard make the next coachng decision . I would engage Bird or Walsh to bring in a top coach and let them consult until management finds a stronger management team.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,471

Post#6 » by dc » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:49 pm

Pritchard is example 1 and 1a of how GMs often get about 4-5x the amount of leash that coaches get.

In no way do I think Pritchard is better at GMing than Vogel or McMillan are at coaching.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.

Return to Wiretap Discussion