Trae Young After Game 7 Win: 'We Still Got Some Games Left'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Trae Young After Game 7 Win: 'We Still Got Some Games Left' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:31 am

The Atlanta Hawks beat the Philadelphia 76ers 103-96 in Game 7 to move onto the Eastern Conference Finals.

Nate McMillan reflected upon taking over a team that was 14-20 at the time. 

"What we tried to do was build a culture that will produce winning and create a style that will give these guys an opportunity to win games," said McMillan. "That's respecting the game. You play the game with effort every single night. You play the game together. And you trust in each other.

"Those were the things I was trying to build with this group. I felt like we had some talent even though it was young talent. If we could get that in our system and basically learn to execute and play to win, I felt we could win some games."

Trae Young finished the game with 21 points and 10 assists. Young currently has 12 consecutive games of at least 20 points and 7 assists, the longest streak in NBA postseason history.

"Everybody is happy we made it to the Eastern Conference finals but we're not satisfied. It's great that we're here, but we still got some games left," said Young.

The Hawks were lead by Kevin Huerter, who scored a playoff career-high 27 points.

Huerter added that the Hawks switched their mindset at the start of this year. 

"It's been a long couple of years. It's been a long two years being at the bottom of the East. And this year, trying to flip a switch and our whole mindset changed. The development process was over." 

Via Andrew Lopez/ESPN

Tamimi
Junior
And1: 30

Re: Trae Young After Game 7 Win: 'We Still Got Some Games Left' 

Post#2 » by Tamimi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:09 pm

Another fine flop by Doc and Daryl....Maybe now will people realize that Rivers is a one-hit-wonder: he was only able to win a championship once and with four stars on his team (Pierce, Rondo, Garnett and Allen). Since then, he's been mostly an above-average coach but nothing more than that even though he had teams with more than one star on them (most notably the Clippers).

Return to Wiretap Discussion