Jacque Vaughn 'Gaining Traction' As Candidate For Pelicans

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jacque Vaughn 'Gaining Traction' As Candidate For Pelicans 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:11 pm

The candidacy of Jacque Vaughn as head coach of the New Orleans Pelicans is "gaining traction", according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst.

Vaughn was previously head coach of the Orlando Magic and has been an assistant coach with the Brooklyn Nets since 2016.

"I'm not saying he's going to get his job because Charles Lee on the Bucks' staff is also going to be a strong candidate. The word coming out of Chicago at the draft combine is that Jacque Vaughn, who is close to Trajan Langdon... Jacque Vaughn is going to get a real serious look and has interviewed I believe with the Pelicans."

The Nets have already lost Ime Udoka from their coaching staff to the Brooklyn Nets. Mike D'Antoni is also a candidate for the Portland Trail Blazers' head coaching job.

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Re: Jacque Vaughn 'Gaining Traction' As Candidate For Pelicans 

Post#2 » by TimeisIllmatic » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:28 pm

I feel like the Pelicans can do better than this. C'mon. Maximize Zion's time or he will dip.
niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#3 » by niha17 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:17 pm

Jacque Vaughn dont wow me. You dont even have to wow me you got to wow Zion. I just heard him he said who is that . hope he dont do it for the money and resign cause the pels going nowhere. Just take less on this 1 contract and dip you make it up on shoes and shirts anyway. If i was zion i wouldnt say anything i just dont do the extension and goto a place that know how to run a team :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#4 » by Revived » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:59 pm

Teams make hires like this and people blame players for wanting to leave these dumb small market teams.

Return to Wiretap Discussion