Trae Young Says Game 2 Loss Is 'All On Me'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Trae Young Says Game 2 Loss Is 'All On Me' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:03 pm

The Milwaukee Bucks beat the Atlanta Hawks 125-91 in Game 2, evening the series at 1-1.

Trae Young took the blame for the Hawks loss after turning the ball over nine times.

"That's all on me," Young said. "I've got to be better at taking care of the ball. And do a better job of at least getting us a shot and not turning it over so much. And I've got to do better and I will be better next game."

Young finished with 16 points on 6-of-16 shooting, while adding three assists.

He also only drew one foul in Game 2, the fewest he's drawn in any game this season.

"A lot of it is more about how the refs are going to call it that night," added Young about the lack of fouls. "If they're going to let them be aggressive, they're going to let them be aggressive. If they're not -- I mean, they're going to call it the way it's supposed to be, then it would be different."

Jrue Holiday guarded Young on 29 out of 47 plays in the first half, with Young having six turnovers on those possessions.

Young added that he didn't see a change in the Bucks' defensive scheme, saying he just needed to take better care of the ball. 

"They didn't really change up too much of their defensive scheme. They were more in on the rollers so the perimeter was more open, and I've just got to make better reads. I take complete responsibility for whatever happened tonight. Taking care of the ball is something I've got to be better at, and I will be better at it.

Via Royce Young/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Discussion