Damian Lillard Affirms He Doesn't Want Trade From Blazers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Damian Lillard Affirms He Doesn't Want Trade From Blazers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 9, 2021 2:45 am

Damian Lillard said Thursday he'll keep his thoughts on the direction of the Portland Trial Blazers between himself and the franchise.

Lillard went public with his preference for the Blazers to hire either Chauncey Billups or Jason Kidd as head coach.

"Anything that I have to say, I'm going to say directly to [Blazers general manager] Neil [Olshey] and I'm going to address it directly with my team," Lillard said after the third day of Team USA training camp in Las Vegas. "There's really nothing else I have to say about it."

Lillard affirmed he has no intention of wanting to be traded from the Blazers.

"There's a lot of things being said and sometimes words being put in my mouth and I haven't said anything," Lillard said. "If there is something to be said or if I think something or have something to say that I'm going to say it and I'm going to stand on it."

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Re: Damian Lillard Affirms He Doesn't Want Trade From Blazers 

Post#2 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Fri Jul 9, 2021 3:16 am

Much better stance from Dame here. You want details? Get 'em from the horse's mouth not some assclown first takesman.
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,078

Post#3 » by Lockdown504090 » Fri Jul 9, 2021 3:19 am

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:Much better stance from Dame here. You want details? Get 'em from the horse's mouth not some assclown first takesman.

There was rag article on here about how dame is inventing reasons to leave. :lol: :lol:
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 113

Post#4 » by njknicks » Fri Jul 9, 2021 3:56 am

Much respect to Dame for putting a lid on this outlandish noise surrounding his future.

Completely understand the loyalty aspect from all players.

But at the end of the day - NBA players are consultants / contractors : going from contract to contract -- they have every right to modify their environment as many times as possible to capitalize on their very short window to maximize their career & overall earnings.

Fans / media put inordinate amounts of un-necessary pressure on Athletes to remain with the same teams -- but really should be putting the onus on the ownership / management to assemble the best possible teams.

How many times have we seen teams assembled with an eye towards tanking, economical contracts / outlandish contracts, coaching / GM carousels? It is always the usual names being hired / re-hired while already banking off previous coaching contracts.

Advice to the players? Be like water -- stagnant water becomes infested with fungus & undrinkable, while flowing water gives nourishment & life. Test the waters : Be like water my friends, be like water.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#5 » by hyberx » Fri Jul 9, 2021 4:53 am

They need to trade CJ McCollum if they want to go anywhere with Lillard. Two small guards just wouldn't work, just like Curry and Monta Ellis before.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,404

Post#6 » by robillionaire » Fri Jul 9, 2021 5:21 am

none of this is an affirmation that he doesn’t want a trade

One must wonder why realgm wiretap posted such a misleading headline that doesn’t seem to reflect the tone of the windhorst article it sources

“Portland Trail Blazers' Damian Lillard: Will keep thoughts on future with team in-house

Numerous times in the past Damian Lillard has affirmed he has no intention of wanting to be traded from the Portland Trail Blazers. Dealing with a fresh round of speculation in the wake of a coaching change, Lillard said Thursday he'll keep his thoughts on the direction of the team between himself and the franchise.

"Anything that I have to say, I'm going to say directly to [Blazers general manager] Neil [Olshey] and I'm going to address it directly with my team," Lillard said after the third day of Team USA training camp in Las Vegas. "There's really nothing else I have to say about it."

Yahoo! Sports reported last month that the Blazers' coaching search that led to Chauncey Billups being hired and the failure to build a championship-contending roster could lead to Lillard asking for a trade. Lillard stopped short of denying that report, only saying he hadn't made any such feelings public.

"There's a lot of things being said and sometimes words being put in my mouth and I haven't said anything," Lillard said. "If there is something to be said or if I think something or have something to say that I'm going to say it and I'm going to stand on it."
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#7 » by Lalouie » Fri Jul 9, 2021 6:14 am

clearly that's not going to stop people from yakking their mouths off.

i can understand why players try to avoid s*** in the media
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#8 » by LakersLegacy » Fri Jul 9, 2021 6:38 am

How does Dames quote say he doesn’t want to be traded. Dame said he will only talk about it in house and directly with Neil which is a boss move.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#9 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Jul 9, 2021 10:16 am

Weird headline. I took the article as neither a declaration I’m out of here or a confirmation of his loyalty to the franchise like past comments he’s made have done. If anything to me it was - a message to ownership to make real changes this offseason or next, I could be out.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#10 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Jul 9, 2021 12:30 pm

Thank God. Now if Bradley Beal came out and said the same thing maybe I can sleep at night knowing the Knicks won't try anything stupid
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,357

Post#11 » by NoStatsGuy » Fri Jul 9, 2021 3:51 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:Thank God. Now if Bradley Beal came out and said the same thing maybe I can sleep at night knowing the Knicks won't try anything stupid

exactly what im thinking :D
im bout dat action boss
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 5,948

Post#12 » by BigGargamel » Fri Jul 9, 2021 11:05 pm

He never said he wanted one.The media did what the media did and ran with the idea for no reason other than to cause drama. Look at the garbage article on the front page of www.realgm.com for instance.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#13 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:46 am

They all say that, until we show them the Beach and the Banners. Then become a part of History. Resistance is futile
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#14 » by BigTex » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:12 am

"Anything that I have to say, I'm going to say directly to [Blazers general manager] Neil [Olshey] and I'm going to address it directly with my team. There's really nothing else I have to say about it."

"There's a lot of things being said and sometimes words being put in my mouth and I haven't said anything. If there is something to be said or if I think something or have something to say that I'm going to say it and I'm going to stand on it."

There is absolutely NOTHING in those four sentences that says he's staying. He could be staying. He could be jumping up and down and screaming at the top of his lungs to Olshey every day demanding to be traded. All he's said is he doesn't intend to air his laundry in pulic. At least for now.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,020

Post#15 » by JN61 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:16 am

Lakers shill media is in shambles.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,404

Post#16 » by robillionaire » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:45 pm

please, go on

Return to Wiretap Discussion