Giannis Antetokounmpo On Game 3: 'You Got To Keep The Atmosphere Light'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Giannis Antetokounmpo On Game 3: 'You Got To Keep The Atmosphere Light' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:15 pm

Giannis Antetokounmpo said that the mood around the Milwaukee Bucks was "light" despite being down 2-0 heading into Sunday's Game 3.

"At the end of the day, you got to keep it light. You cannot tell yourself, 'Oh, it's the Finals. You got to do this. There's so much pressure, man.' No, like, it's still basketball. It's easy to say, hard to do, but at the same time, you have to try to approach it that way. Just got to keep it light. Got to keep the ball light. You got to keep the atmosphere light," said Antetokounmpo during a media session on Saturday.

The Bucks were previously down 2-0 to the Nets in the Eastern Conference semifinals, only to come back and win four of the next five games.

Antetokounmpo, who finished with 42 points on 15-of-22 shooting in Game 2, added that he was getting more comfortable with his mid-range game.

"I'm feeling more comfortable. I'm just trying to be aggressive, trying to go downhill. Sometimes guys stay in front of me or they create a wall that doesn't allow me to get in the paint. So you got to try to figure out other ways to be effective, whether it's pass the ball or pull up for the mid-range jump shot or get to a spot and then shoot over them ... my mindset is always try to get downhill, try to make the right play, the right decision, either is that a pass, either is that scoring. But, as I said, sometimes you have to take those shots. You got to keeping the defense guessing."

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo On Game 3: 'You Got To Keep The Atmosphere Light' 

Post#2 » by niha17 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:06 am

No it is the finals. dont let this quote be your legacy. Step it up and maybe hit a free throw. You cant let the suns run you like this.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#3 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:43 am

Just protect your homecourt, that's basically it.
FrodoFraggins
Senior
And1: 532

Post#4 » by FrodoFraggins » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:46 am

What I'd expect from someone that's never actually won.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,732

Post#5 » by dougthonus » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:22 pm

I'm sure if he was walking around scowling and pissed off for three days everyone would perform better.

These type of quotes / attitude things are all irrelevant. It's only relevant what he does on the court. He knows the gravity (and said as much). Trying to increase the pressure on himself and teammates isn't necessarily going to lead to better results. I'd wager most people in the world do not perform at their best in negative attitudes with immense pressure.

Does anyone think the team is slacking off because Giannis is smiling and wants to keep the mode light? It's a weird assumption to make. I doubt very much the Bucks are skipping any steps.

Obviously it doesn't mean they'll win. I've got the Suns for my personal pick, but I don't think their odds would be any higher if Giannis said some quote about how serious he is instead.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
objectivefan
Junior
And1: 66

Post#6 » by objectivefan » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:57 pm

It just feels like the Bucks coach is not helping g the team, and this goes the entire playoff. The Bucks have won in spite of their coach.

100% that coach has to go
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,662

Post#7 » by Sign5 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:53 am

Aka let's not make noise when I make FTs guys.

Return to Wiretap Discussion