Chris Paul Takes Blame For 'Bad Decision-Making' In Game 4

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Chris Paul Takes Blame For 'Bad Decision-Making' In Game 4 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:28 pm

The Phoenix Suns had 17 turnovers in their Game 4 loss, compared to just five for the Milwaukee Bucks. Paul turned the ball over five times, including one at the end of the game.

"It was me," Paul said. "I had five of them. It was bad decision-making."

The Suns had 19 fewer shot attempts due to turnovers and the offensive rebounds secured by Milwaukee. 

"They got a significant amount more shots than us, so for me I got to take care of the ball," Paul continued. "We got 17 turnovers, we shoot the ball too well not to have those opportunities to score."

"The turnovers just crushed us tonight," Monty Williams said of his team's miscues. "When you have that kind of a lead in the fourth, if we can just hold on to the ball and get good possessions, you feel like you can at least hold it there. ... We certainly had a lot of self-inflicted stuff tonight."

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

castor777
Senior
And1: 110

Re: Chris Paul Takes Blame For 'Bad Decision-Making' In Game 4 

Post#2 » by castor777 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:20 pm

I'm not one to hate on Paul, and would love to see him get a ring. But most of these turnovers have been straight careless in the Finals.
Salty1
Senior
And1: 81

Post#3 » by Salty1 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:08 pm

I think Paul started celebrating after the first 2. PHX can't be feeling too good about their chances right now.
airjordanair
Senior
And1: 32

Post#4 » by airjordanair » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:22 pm

Nice of Paul to own up to the obvious.

Return to Wiretap Discussion