Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams

Moderators: -Sammy-, Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 81,095
And1: 221
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:56 pm

The Indiana Pacers are discussing a potential Myles Turner trade with multiple teams this offseason. The Pacers also made Turner available last offseason in Gordon Hayward sign-and-trade discussions with the Boston Celtics.


"They are having trade conversations," said Kevin O'Connor. "I believe I had it in my story that they've had some conversations with the Pacers, the Pacers have been one of the more active teams, the name that I've heard involved in those conversations is Myles Turner."


The fit of Turner alongside Domantas Sabonis has been frequently debated since both are best suited at center in today's NBA.


Turner is signed through the 22-23 season at $18 million per season. 

Via Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer

dubbmotta
Sophomore
Posts: 207
And1: 32
Joined: Oct 19, 2017

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#2 » by dubbmotta » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:20 pm

Would be a good fit with the Hornets
Tamimi
Sophomore
Posts: 164
And1: 15
Joined: Jun 20, 2018
         

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#3 » by Tamimi » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:15 pm

I would look at him if I were Dallas.
jk31
Senior
Posts: 620
And1: 368
Joined: Feb 15, 2014
 

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#4 » by jk31 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:09 pm

no! Turner is the better teamfit longterm than Sabonis! Sure, Sabonis is the better Player, but Sabonis as lone 5 will make the Pacers irrelevant for years to come.
RoxSteady
Pro Prospect
Posts: 941
And1: 2,924
Joined: Jul 22, 2019
 

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#5 » by RoxSteady » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:55 pm

“ Gordon Hayward sign-and-trade discussions with the Boston Celtics.”

I thought Hayward was a Hornet.
kuclas
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,591
And1: 2,560
Joined: Nov 08, 2016
     

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#6 » by kuclas » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:14 pm

RoxSteady wrote:“ Gordon Hayward sign-and-trade discussions with the Boston Celtics.”

I thought Hayward was a Hornet.

Gordon wanted to go home to Indiana plus get paid. Ainge didn’t want turner. As usual Ainge. He got greedy (but lucky in this case) cause he wanted tj Warren or victor oladipo in a sign and trade and ended up with nothing.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/11/24/myles-turner-celtics-pacers-gordon-hayward-sign-and-trade-nba-rumors-danny-ainge/
User avatar
Scalabrine
RealGM
Posts: 15,711
And1: 5,743
Joined: Jun 02, 2004
Location: NorCal
     

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#7 » by Scalabrine » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:30 pm

dubbmotta wrote:Would be a good fit with the Hornets


Graham or Rozier for Turner?
Go Knicks!
23artest23
Head Coach
Posts: 6,795
And1: 132
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Central Indiana corn field

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#8 » by 23artest23 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:27 pm

I've been saying for a month that Golden State and Indiana need to workout a deal centered around Myles Turner. The big kink is that the Pacers have guys on reasonable contracts and it's tough to match them up with GS without Wiggins being involved. Pacers likely dont want him and with that nasty contract, Wiggins is going to cost to include. Pacers have guys that would fit beautifully in GS and are in or entering their prime. For me, a deal with GS has to include Wiseman and the #7 when Wiggins gets involved. That would allow a full rebuild without the losing and that's the holy grail for the Pacers franchise. It would hurt a bit to send these guys out but the end result would justify it. Last year's 2nd pick, this year's #7, and 2 late lotto picks to add to a core of Brogdon/LeVert/Sabonis. GS gets their center, an awesome 3 and D guy in Holiday, and a bíg time scorer in TJ Warren that would be a great scorer off the bench and insurance for Klay getting hurt again.

Pacers send to the Warriors

Myles Turner
TJ Warren
Justin Holiday

Warriors send to the Pacers
Wiseman
Wiggins
#7 and #14
Image
23artest23
Head Coach
Posts: 6,795
And1: 132
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Central Indiana corn field

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#9 » by 23artest23 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:18 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
dubbmotta wrote:Would be a good fit with the Hornets


Graham or Rozier for Turner?


Pretty doubtful the Pacers would have interest in either now. I believe they likely have had interest in both in the past but I don't see it with our current roster. I think the Pacers are probably looking for draft capital first and foremost.
Image
Pickled Prunes
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,783
And1: 659
Joined: Sep 14, 2010

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#10 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:22 pm

Turner and Holiday (ether one) for CJ McCollum
puja21
Senior
Posts: 735
And1: 68
Joined: Feb 08, 2013

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#11 » by puja21 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:06 am

kuclas wrote:
RoxSteady wrote:“ Gordon Hayward sign-and-trade discussions with the Boston Celtics.”

I thought Hayward was a Hornet.

Gordon wanted to go home to Indiana plus get paid. Ainge didn’t want turner. As usual Ainge. He got greedy (but lucky in this case) cause he wanted tj Warren or victor oladipo in a sign and trade and ended up with nothing.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/11/24/myles-turner-celtics-pacers-gordon-hayward-sign-and-trade-nba-rumors-danny-ainge/


he was confused because he didn't read carefully and missed this part of the sentence: "The Pacers also made Turner available last offseason"
RoxSteady
Pro Prospect
Posts: 941
And1: 2,924
Joined: Jul 22, 2019
 

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#12 » by RoxSteady » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:39 am

puja21 wrote:
kuclas wrote:
RoxSteady wrote:“ Gordon Hayward sign-and-trade discussions with the Boston Celtics.”

I thought Hayward was a Hornet.

Gordon wanted to go home to Indiana plus get paid. Ainge didn’t want turner. As usual Ainge. He got greedy (but lucky in this case) cause he wanted tj Warren or victor oladipo in a sign and trade and ended up with nothing.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/11/24/myles-turner-celtics-pacers-gordon-hayward-sign-and-trade-nba-rumors-danny-ainge/


he was confused because he didn't read carefully and missed this part of the sentence: "The Pacers also made Turner available last offseason"


Yep, guilty!
User avatar
LuDux1
Analyst
Posts: 3,171
And1: 3,133
Joined: Mar 22, 2009

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#13 » by LuDux1 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:39 pm

23artest23 wrote:I've been saying for a month that Golden State and Indiana need to workout a deal centered around Myles Turner. The big kink is that the Pacers have guys on reasonable contracts and it's tough to match them up with GS without Wiggins being involved. Pacers likely dont want him and with that nasty contract, Wiggins is going to cost to include. Pacers have guys that would fit beautifully in GS and are in or entering their prime. For me, a deal with GS has to include Wiseman and the #7 when Wiggins gets involved. That would allow a full rebuild without the losing and that's the holy grail for the Pacers franchise. It would hurt a bit to send these guys out but the end result would justify it. Last year's 2nd pick, this year's #7, and 2 late lotto picks to add to a core of Brogdon/LeVert/Sabonis. GS gets their center, an awesome 3 and D guy in Holiday, and a bíg time scorer in TJ Warren that would be a great scorer off the bench and insurance for Klay getting hurt again.

Pacers send to the Warriors

Myles Turner
TJ Warren
Justin Holiday

Warriors send to the Pacers
Wiseman
Wiggins
#7 and #14


Sabonis and Wiseman seems to be worse fit than Sabonis and Turner or Sabonis and Goga
23artest23
Head Coach
Posts: 6,795
And1: 132
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Central Indiana corn field

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#14 » by 23artest23 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:54 pm

LuDux1 wrote:
23artest23 wrote:I've been saying for a month that Golden State and Indiana need to workout a deal centered around Myles Turner. The big kink is that the Pacers have guys on reasonable contracts and it's tough to match them up with GS without Wiggins being involved. Pacers likely dont want him and with that nasty contract, Wiggins is going to cost to include. Pacers have guys that would fit beautifully in GS and are in or entering their prime. For me, a deal with GS has to include Wiseman and the #7 when Wiggins gets involved. That would allow a full rebuild without the losing and that's the holy grail for the Pacers franchise. It would hurt a bit to send these guys out but the end result would justify it. Last year's 2nd pick, this year's #7, and 2 late lotto picks to add to a core of Brogdon/LeVert/Sabonis. GS gets their center, an awesome 3 and D guy in Holiday, and a bíg time scorer in TJ Warren that would be a great scorer off the bench and insurance for Klay getting hurt again.

Pacers send to the Warriors

Myles Turner
TJ Warren
Justin Holiday

Warriors send to the Pacers
Wiseman
Wiggins
#7 and #14


Sabonis and Wiseman seems to be worse fit than Sabonis and Turner or Sabonis and Goga


I don't see how you can reach that conclusion off a tiny sample size in college and a partial year with the Warriors. Wiseman is extremely young and his game is too. Both will grow and mature. The trade isn't about getting a center next to Sabonis either but rather about the Pacers Holy Grail...a true rebuild that comes about without the losing.
Image
User avatar
LuDux1
Analyst
Posts: 3,171
And1: 3,133
Joined: Mar 22, 2009

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#15 » by LuDux1 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:59 pm

WT
puja21
Senior
Posts: 735
And1: 68
Joined: Feb 08, 2013

Re: Pacers Discussing Myles Turner Trade With Multiple Teams 

Post#16 » by puja21 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:40 pm

RoxSteady wrote:
puja21 wrote:
kuclas wrote:Gordon wanted to go home to Indiana plus get paid. Ainge didn’t want turner. As usual Ainge. He got greedy (but lucky in this case) cause he wanted tj Warren or victor oladipo in a sign and trade and ended up with nothing.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/11/24/myles-turner-celtics-pacers-gordon-hayward-sign-and-trade-nba-rumors-danny-ainge/


he was confused because he didn't read carefully and missed this part of the sentence: "The Pacers also made Turner available last offseason"


Yep, guilty!


I only knew bc it happens to me all the time

Return to Wiretap Discussion