France Beats United States In Opening Game Of Olympics

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Re: France Beats United States In Opening Game Of Olympics 

Post#21 » by D21 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:07 pm

BigTex wrote:
I would say that the rule NBA should copy on FIBA is the when foul are done away from the ball (hack-a-"who you want").
If you foul the player with the ball, it's 2 FTs, but if it's intentionally a player without the ball, it's 2 FTs for him AND the ball possession. Just so logical to do that.

What a horrible rule. Who on earth would you want to do that. It let's teams cover up for bad free throw shooters...

Strangely, they are fixing right now what they consider offensive non-basketball moves, and a lot are asking for that, but you wouldn't fix a defensive non-basketball rule ?
It's covering up for bad FT shooters, you still can foul them, but when they have the ball...

CanesHeatFins wrote:...I don't think you guys realize how bad he's underachieving. It's not just this yr, he struggled within months of replacing Coach K when he finished 7th with team USA in 2019.

I will never understand the love afair and hall pass you guys keep giving Pop. He is the common denominator, period...

First, stop using this binary Internet vision, saying "he can be blamed but it's not all on him" doesn't mean means "it's not his fault at all" :wink:
It's because I'm not a hater of Pop than I'm a lover. There's a world between these two POV
I always thought he's better for a NBA team than a national team, so I would agree that coach K would be better. Now let's the team play and see what happens before any conclusion on this championship after one game.

Return to Wiretap Discussion