Bradley Beal Had No Issue With Wizards Trading Russell Westbrook

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Bradley Beal Had No Issue With Wizards Trading Russell Westbrook 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:05 pm

Bradley Beal had no issues with the Washington Wizards trading away Russell Westbrook, sources tell The Athletic. Sources also said that Beal has expressed no desire to be traded this offseason.

The Wizards remain confident they can sign Beal long-term even as questions about his mindset have surfaced in recent days.

Beal can sign a four-year, $180 million extension with the Wizards in October, or he can sign a five-year, $235 million contract during his 2022 free agency.

Beal averaged more than 30 points per game in each of the past two seasons.

Via Shams Charania, Fred Katz/The Athletic

tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Re: Bradley Beal Had No Issue With Wizards Trading Russell Westbrook 

Post#2 » by tigerae » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:37 pm

My guess is he's waiting to see what moves they make in the off season to improve the roster. If they don't and they become a lottery team this coming season I can see him moving on.
LavieG
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#3 » by LavieG » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:46 pm

He will wait, sign his contract and soon after request a trade.
Salty1
Senior
And1: 81

Post#4 » by Salty1 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:43 pm

Maybe Beal is just ok with not winning?
circa70
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#5 » by circa70 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:37 pm

warriors, knicks, celtics and heat culture fans punching the air right now
art_tatum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,109

Post#6 » by art_tatum » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:40 pm

He rather b the guy on a losing team than a sidekick winning
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#7 » by 720 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:45 pm

art_tatum wrote:He rather b the guy on a losing team than a sidekick winning

Westbrook is ass that's why.
objectivefan
Junior
And1: 66

Post#8 » by objectivefan » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:58 pm

LavieG wrote:He will wait, sign his contract and soon after request a trade.

this is the only logical conclusion at this point
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#9 » by Wingy » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:22 pm

I’m mad they traded Westbrook...said no NBA star ever.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,916

Post#10 » by CobraCommander » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:38 pm

Just a thought- Beal is treated great makes a ton of money likes the area and thinks they can with in dc if they build around him...

Beal might think...”I’m Giannis and not Dame”....”im Steph not KD”....”I’m enough of a cornerstone to carry a team to the chip”. Maybe Beal thinks stars should come to him!

Y
tigerae
Rookie

Post#11 » by tigerae » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:56 pm

objectivefan wrote:
LavieG wrote:He will wait, sign his contract and soon after request a trade.

this is the only logical conclusion at this point
Makes no sense. What leverage would he have if he signs a long term extension. The Wizards would hold all the cards at that point. If they want to trade him after he requests a trade, they can trade him anywhere for the best possible offer. Otherwise, he has to play or risk losing money.
tigerae
Rookie

Post#12 » by tigerae » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:05 pm

CobraCommander wrote:Just a thought- Beal is treated great makes a ton of money likes the area and thinks they can with in dc if they build around him...

Beal might think...”I’m Giannis and not Dame”....”im Steph not KD”....”I’m enough of a cornerstone to carry a team to the chip”. Maybe Beal thinks stars should come to him!

Y
I agree with your comment about KD, but how exactly is Dame not like Curry and Giannis exactly? Other than Curry and Giannis being on a franchise that is willing to spend money to get talent around Curry and Giannis and the Blazers not doing the same? If any player has been patient, it has been Lillard.

Even now, he's hoping they can do something so they can compete. At some point, when is enough enough? He's 31 years old and not getting any younger. Sorry, but it's time for the Blazers to go all in or let him go somewhere where he can compete.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#13 » by CobraCommander » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:10 pm

tigerae wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:Just a thought- Beal is treated great makes a ton of money likes the area and thinks they can with in dc if they build around him...

Y
I agree with your comment about KD, but how exactly is Dame not like Curry and Giannis exactly? Other than Curry and Giannis being on a franchise that is willing to spend money to get talent around Curry and Giannis and the Blazers not doing the same? If any player has been patient, it has been Lillard.

Even now, he's hoping they can do something so they can compete. At some point, when is enough enough? He's 31 years old and not getting any younger. Sorry, but it's time for the Blazers to go all in or let him go somewhere where he can compete.

Only that they actually won a chip...

Beal may want to be as loyal as dame but also win a ring...

Maybe making a half a billion and having 15 years of stability is more important than being a 3rd option on someone else’s championship team.

People know bosh got rings but ain’t nobody calling bosh THE CHAMP...those were Lebron and wades legacy wins - why would Beal go and be a character in someone else’s story when he thinks he can be the star in dc in his own movie
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#14 » by Phila Tough » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:23 am

CobraCommander wrote:
tigerae wrote:

Y

Maybe making a half a billion and having 15 years of stability is more important than being a 3rd option on someone else’s championship team.

People know bosh got rings but ain’t nobody calling bosh THE CHAMP...those were Lebron and wades legacy wins - why would Beal go and be a character in someone else’s story when he thinks he can be the star in dc in his own movie

I get people get attached to players, because I'm not ready to let go of Ben Simmons yet.

But as a fan of the Wizards, do you honestly think they can compete with the team they have now? What assets do they have to get Beal some serious help? I think wizards should do a full rebuild. Personally I'd trade for Ben/Maxey or thybulle/picks and then tank. Sign some shooters for Ben and look for his ideal running mate at the top of the lottery
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#15 » by CobraCommander » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:25 am

Phila Tough wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
tigerae wrote:I agree with your comment about KD, but how exactly is Dame not like Curry and Giannis exactly? Other than Curry and Giannis being on a franchise that is willing to spend money to get talent around Curry and Giannis and the Blazers not doing the same? If any player has been patient, it has been Lillard.

I get people get attached to players, because I'm not ready to let go of Ben Simmons yet.

But as a fan of the Wizards, do you honestly think they can compete with the team they have now? What assets do they have to get Beal some serious help? I think wizards should do a full rebuild. Personally I'd trade for Ben/Maxey or thybulle/picks and then tank. Sign some shooters for Ben and look for his ideal running mate at the top of the lottery

One team wins a year and you need a mvp level talent and at least a few Allstar players to get a ring - now with super teams - 2 with 2 MVPs and a all nba talent - lakers and nets....the rest of the teams playing for fan enjoyment.

The MVPs or Kawhi will win next year....if you ain’t got one of those...enjoy the ride but don’t over react
Salty1
Senior
And1: 81

Post#16 » by Salty1 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:32 am

CobraCommander wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:Only that they actually won a chip...

One team wins a year and you need a mvp level talent and at least a few Allstar players to get a ring - now with super teams - 2 with 2 MVPs and a all nba talent - lakers and nets....the rest of the teams playing for fan enjoyment.

The MVPs or Kawhi will win next year....if you ain’t got one of those...enjoy the ride but don’t over react

This is the truth of it.. although Giannis defied those odds this year.. it was much to do with the condensed season and Jrue Holiday/Kris Middleton might as well be all stars.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#17 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:09 am

CobraCommander wrote:
tigerae wrote:

Y

Cobra Commander from the top ropes!
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,182

Post#18 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:44 am

I'm a Kobe/Laker fan now Westbrook ... But I'm curious ....

Is there a chance for D.Lillard will join the Wizards and team up with Beal?
Bring back Defense
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#19 » by 720 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:37 pm

Salty1 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:

This is the truth of it.. although Giannis defied those odds this year.. it was much to do with the condensed season and Jrue Holiday/Kris Middleton might as well be all stars.

Only to do with the fact that Irving got injured in game 4 and Harden got injured in game 1. Also Kawhi and AD getting injured out west.

Return to Wiretap Discussion