Stephen Curry, Warriors To Agree To Four-Year, $215M Extension

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Stephen Curry, Warriors To Agree To Four-Year, $215M Extension 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Aug 2, 2021 5:03 pm

The Golden State Warriors and Stephen Curry will agree to a four-year, $215 million contract extension as the offseason begins.

The Warriors and Curry discussed an extension before the start of the 20-21 season.

Via Marc Stein/Substack

objectivefan
Junior
And1: 66

Re: Stephen Curry, Warriors To Agree To Four-Year, $215M Extension 

Post#2 » by objectivefan » Mon Aug 2, 2021 5:44 pm

In terms of providing value to the Warriors, he is underpaid

he probably added 2 Billion to the franchise value
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,205

Post#3 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Aug 2, 2021 6:38 pm

After stacking millions and millions. Then buying cars and more cars. Then Jewelry and more jewelry. It all stacks up and surrounds you. It closes in on you. It chokes you while the Media pressure mounts. Builds and builds. With the Losses building and building the player says to himself, what does all this money mean without winning more championships. I can only live off of past history for so long. My past and old glory can sign only so many autographs, where I sign old posters of me and KD.
And then reality sets in. I should have become a Laker. Where all meaning and purpose derives. Only as a Laker with multiple Gold trophies, is where I should have went and where I belong.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
imDatknicksTape
Pro Prospect
And1: 364

Post#4 » by imDatknicksTape » Mon Aug 2, 2021 8:06 pm

dang i really thought he was gonna try another market like NY , but seems like he will finish off his career in SFO.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 792

Post#5 » by donemilio21 » Mon Aug 2, 2021 8:29 pm

I think that is going to make him to first basketball player to earn $500M through his career from salaries.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,360

Post#6 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Aug 2, 2021 9:23 pm

Over 38 rule means he can only sign a 3 year max with another team next season.

The Warriors were probably saying "we'll offer you 4 now or 4 next season. Either way it's by far the best offer you'll get."
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 387

Post#7 » by hyberx » Mon Aug 2, 2021 9:32 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:After stacking millions and millions. Then buying cars and more cars. Then Jewelry and more jewelry. It all stacks up and surrounds you. It closes in on you. It chokes you while the Media pressure mounts. Builds and builds. With the Losses building and building the player says to himself, what does all this money mean without winning more championships. I can only live off of past history for so long. My past and old glory can sign only so many autographs, where I sign old posters of me and KD.
And then reality sets in. I should have become a Laker. Where all meaning and purpose derives. Only as a Laker with multiple Gold trophies, is where I should have went and where I belong.

LOL, no. A real winner like MJ, Curry, Giannis would do it with their own team, unlike the bandwagon jumper your lakers got in LeBum.
MINDKCUF
Senior
And1: 577

Post#8 » by MINDKCUF » Mon Aug 2, 2021 9:40 pm

talk about cap crippling. that deal averages $54 mil a year. cap is $112 mil.
curry is the best shooter ever but he still could even lift them to playoffs last year.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 387

Post#9 » by hyberx » Mon Aug 2, 2021 10:34 pm

MINDKCUF wrote:talk about cap crippling. that deal averages $54 mil a year. cap is $112 mil.
curry is the best shooter ever but he still could even lift them to playoffs last year.

How well did LeBron do with the Lakers for the 2018-2019 season when he didn't really have anyone but still a team full of veterans? 37-45 a losing record for the 10th seat, not even close to playoff. Curry didn't really have anyone either. During the playoff run, two of the 5 regular starters are not really starters. The main rotation backups are a rookie who bombed his first year but doing pretty fine the 2nd year and a few G-leaguers who barely made the team. Curry got the scoring title, the team was 39-33 a winning record and 1 play-in win away from the playoff. He won't be the only one making that type of money that's for sure.

Return to Wiretap Discussion