Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Thunder Agree To Five-Year, $172M Extension

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Thunder Agree To Five-Year, $172M Extension 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:01 am

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander has agreed to a five-year, $172 million extension with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Re: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Thunder Agree To Five-Year, $172M Extension 

Post#2 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 5:22 am

Props to SGA securing that bag. Thought the Sixers should have traded Ben for him, but Presti would’ve laughed that offer back to Philly
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#3 » by Vegeta10176 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 6:19 am

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:Props to SGA securing that bag. Thought the Sixers should have traded Ben for him, but Presti would’ve laughed that offer back to Philly

Simmons guided the 76ers to a 4 seed in his second season when Embiid was out for 20 plus games injured.. SGA has done what exactly.. SGA is good but you can't teach 6 foot 10.. I'd rather have Simmons if I had only one to choose from.. OKC tried to trade SGA to Detroit for the number 1 pick plus some other first round picks.. Detroit said no laughing all the way..
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#4 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 7:14 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
IAMZOOTED2 wrote:Props to SGA securing that bag. Thought the Sixers should have traded Ben for him, but Presti would’ve laughed that offer back to Philly

Simmons guided the 76ers to a 4 seed in his second season when Embiid was out for 20 plus games injured.. SGA has done what exactly.. SGA is good but you can't teach 6 foot 10.. I'd rather have Simmons if I had only one to choose from.. OKC tried to trade SGA to Detroit for the number 1 pick plus some other first round picks.. Detroit said no laughing all the way..

so... if you're Morey you'd rather have Simmons on the team than SGA as currently constructed. I grant you that it's hard to know what other moves are presently underway...
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.

Return to Wiretap Discussion