Spencer Dinwiddie Close To Deal With Wizards

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Spencer Dinwiddie Close To Deal With Wizards 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:18 am

Spencer Dinwiddie is nearing agreement on a deal with the Washington Wizards.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Re: Spencer Dinwiddie Close To Deal With Wizards 

Post#2 » by tigerae » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:26 am

My understanding is they don't want Kuzma or Harrell so unless they can flip those for picks or players the Nets want, I don't see how they will sign and trade him. The salaries need to match, too. So it can't just be for a couple of picks.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,554

Post#3 » by lonzo_pelota » Tue Aug 3, 2021 4:55 am

brooklyn prob attempts to get kcp or combination of filler
Monky15
Starter
And1: 692

Post#4 » by Monky15 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 6:02 am

Devonte Graham is a bargain by comparison.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,434

Post#5 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 7:13 am

Raptors should swoop in and offer Dragic for Dinwiddie in a S&T.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,425

Post#6 » by Revived » Tue Aug 3, 2021 9:53 am

Damn Dinwiddie about to sign his next contract right when BTC is back up at tops lol.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#7 » by PDXKnight » Tue Aug 3, 2021 1:14 pm

Monky15 wrote:Devonte Graham is a bargain by comparison.

That deal looks killer good now
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#8 » by puja21 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 1:34 pm

Oden2 wrote:

It's only a bargain if you ignore that they gave up a FRP and lost Ball (far superior player to Graham) for only a 2nd back

Dude is a career 37% shooter and even in his most improved year was ... a 37% shooter

The Pels are the losers of this deal unless you measure on "who paid the lowest salary"

Among the cheapest franchises in sports
Monky15
Starter

Post#9 » by Monky15 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 2:25 pm

puja21 wrote:
Oden2 wrote:

It's only a bargain if you ignore that they gave up a FRP and lost Ball (far superior player to Graham) for only a 2nd back

Dude is a career 37% shooter and even in his most improved year was ... a 37% shooter

The Pels are the losers of this deal unless you measure on "who paid the lowest salary"

IDC about NOP the franchise I neither love them or hate them, this is about contracts, how they came to be on their team will have zero bearing on their trade value going forward, it will be all about their production/ influence vs cost.

Imagine paying 20M per year for a career 32% 3pt shooter who hasn't shot above 31% in the last 2 seasons while being a turnstile on defence and trying to say its a better deal than a guy who has consistently shot better while being younger and only earning 60% of the other guy. SMH the difference is easily worth a non lotto pick. Hell the 24M in savings alone is worth the pick they used to make sure Charlotte wouldn't match.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#10 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Aug 3, 2021 2:41 pm

Revived wrote:Damn Dinwiddie about to sign his next contract right when BTC is back up at tops lol.

BTC is not "back up tops."
puja21
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by puja21 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 5:56 pm

Monky15 wrote:
puja21 wrote:
Oden2 wrote:

IDC about NOP the franchise I neither love them or hate them, this is about contracts, how they came to be on their team will have zero bearing on their trade value going forward, it will be all about their production/ influence vs cost.

Imagine paying 20M per year for a career 32% 3pt shooter who hasn't shot above 31% in the last 2 seasons while being a turnstile on defence and trying to say its a better deal than a guy who has consistently shot better while being younger and only earning 60% of the other guy. SMH the difference is easily worth a non lotto pick. Hell the 24M in savings alone is worth the pick they used to make sure Charlotte wouldn't match.

Who are you talking about here? Not Ball -- he has shot over 37% 3P on massive attempts each of the last 2 seasons and although scouts are varied on his defense, he has a lot of supporters
e.g.
[url]
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1364047327946752006%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Flonzowire.usatoday.com%2F2021%2F02%2F24%2Flonzo-ball-news-pelicans-defense-stats%2F[/url]
Monky15
Starter

Post#12 » by Monky15 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 7:48 pm

puja21 wrote:
Monky15 wrote:
puja21 wrote:

Who are you talking about here? Not Ball -- he has shot over 37% 3P on massive attempts each of the last 2 seasons and although scouts are varied on his defense, he has a lot of supporters
e.g.
[url]
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1364047327946752006%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Flonzowire.usatoday.com%2F2021%2F02%2F24%2Flonzo-ball-news-pelicans-defense-stats%2F[/url]

Dude we are talking about Graham V Dinwiddie here and there contracts vs production, don't drag Ball into this.

Edit: I was obviously talking about Dinwiddie in my previous post because that was what the comparison and discussion was about, i put this edit in cos it might not have been 100% clear with my post.
puja21
Bench Warmer

Post#13 » by puja21 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:49 am

Monky15 wrote:
puja21 wrote:
Monky15 wrote:

e.g.
[url]
Read on Twitter

Dude we are talking about Graham V Dinwiddie here and there contracts vs production, don't drag Ball into this.

Edit: I was obviously talking about Dinwiddie in my previous post because that was what the comparison and discussion was about, i put this edit in cos it might not have been 100% clear with my post.

I wasn't talking Dinwiddie -- I was replying to the comment about "Graham's deal being a good contract."

Hornets gave up Ball+FRP for Graham+2RP <-- this is literally the trade, so we're comparing Ball money + production to Graham

Hornets have nothing to do w/ Spencer D
Monky15
Starter

Post#14 » by Monky15 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 6:49 am

puja21 wrote:
Monky15 wrote:
puja21 wrote:
e.g.
[url]
Read on Twitter

I wasn't talking Dinwiddie -- I was replying to the comment about "Graham's deal being a good contract."

Hornets gave up Ball+FRP for Graham+2RP <-- this is literally the trade, so we're comparing Ball money + production to Graham

This whole thread is about Spencer, read the title.

All my comments are regarding Spencer and how he is overpaid compared to Graham, go start your own thread about NOP front office decisions if that's what you want to talk about. It's not Grahams fault that Griff is a **** GM.

You have taken me saying that Graham is on a better contact than Dinwiddie as some whole thing where you think I endorse all NOP's moves that lead up to Grahams signing when all that is beside the point. If you want to talk about the Pelicans off season go start a thread on that.
puja21
Bench Warmer

Post#15 » by puja21 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 5:59 pm

Monky15 wrote:
puja21 wrote:
Monky15 wrote:

This whole thread is about Spencer, read the title.

All my comments are regarding Spencer and how he is overpaid compared to Graham, go start your own thread about NOP front office decisions if that's what you want to talk about. It's not Grahams fault that Griff is a **** GM.

You have taken me saying that Graham is on a better contact than Dinwiddie as some whole thing where you think I endorse all NOP's moves that lead up to Grahams signing when all that is beside the point. If you want to talk about the Pelicans off season go start a thread on that.

Thanks I'm all set on "starting my own thread" -- it's a message board, no need to worry about policing a public forum or my commentary, it's falling on deaf ears.

You brought up Graham's contract. Discussion around the total compensation is relevant to that comment

If you personally don't feel like discussing, OK
:: shrug ::
move along then? Plenty of other readers coming through WireTap

My take: it's a bad transaction when you consider what they gave up; And yes, agree Griff is proving himself a bad GM.

Return to Wiretap Discussion