Jericho Sims Signs Two-Way Deal With Knicks

Moderators: -Sammy-, Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 80,933
And1: 219
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

Jericho Sims Signs Two-Way Deal With Knicks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Aug 9, 2021 1:58 am

Jericho Sims has signed a Two-Way deal with the New York Knicks.


Sims' Two-Way deal is for two seasons. 


Sims was a second round pick by the Knicks out of Texas where he averaged 9.2 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.1 blocks in 24.7 minutes over 26 games as a senior. 

Via Keith Smith/Spotrac

BillNyeBballGuy
Freshman
Posts: 73
And1: 97
Joined: Jul 31, 2021

Re: Jericho Sims Signs Two-Way Deal With Knicks 

Post#2 » by BillNyeBballGuy » Mon Aug 9, 2021 3:45 am

[streamable][/streamable]massive steal at pick 58, wow! He easily has 1st round talent. Wanted him on my Raps with one of our b2b 2nds 46 or 47.
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
RealGM
Posts: 10,311
And1: 8,034
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Jericho Sims Signs Two-Way Deal With Knicks 

Post#3 » by Are We Ther Yet » Mon Aug 9, 2021 4:29 am

BillNyeBballGuy wrote:[streamable][/streamable]massive steal at pick 58, wow! He easily has 1st round talent. Wanted him on my Raps with one of our b2b 2nds 46 or 47.


Easily 1st rd talent? How did almost slip out of the draft? I like what I see in his first game but...D league.
:beer: RIP mags
BillNyeBballGuy
Freshman
Posts: 73
And1: 97
Joined: Jul 31, 2021

Re: Jericho Sims Signs Two-Way Deal With Knicks 

Post#4 » by BillNyeBballGuy » Mon Aug 9, 2021 4:34 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BillNyeBballGuy wrote:[streamable][/streamable]massive steal at pick 58, wow! He easily has 1st round talent. Wanted him on my Raps with one of our b2b 2nds 46 or 47.


Easily 1st rd talent? How did almost slip out of the draft? I like what I see in his first game but...D league.

NBA GM's and scouts make mistakes all the time. Fred Van Vleet went undrafted. Jokic went mid 2nd round and then there are many guys that went in the second round that have had HOF careers like Draymond Green, Marc Gasol and another 58th pick Manu Ginobili.
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
RealGM
Posts: 10,311
And1: 8,034
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Jericho Sims Signs Two-Way Deal With Knicks 

Post#5 » by Are We Ther Yet » Mon Aug 9, 2021 4:39 am

BillNyeBballGuy wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BillNyeBballGuy wrote:[streamable][/streamable]massive steal at pick 58, wow! He easily has 1st round talent. Wanted him on my Raps with one of our b2b 2nds 46 or 47.


Easily 1st rd talent? How did almost slip out of the draft? I like what I see in his first game but...D league.

NBA GM's and scouts make mistakes all the time. Fred Van Vleet went undrafted. Jokic went mid 2nd round and then there are many guys that went in the second round that have had HOF careers like Draymond Green, Marc Gasol and another 58th pick Manu Ginobili.


I was just wondering if there was a story behind him slipping. There are always gems found later in every draft. Look at Mitchell Robinson. Hope we found one. It's only one game but liked everything I saw with him.
:beer: RIP mags
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 94,351
And1: 21,394
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: Jericho Sims Signs Two-Way Deal With Knicks 

Post#6 » by moocow007 » Mon Aug 9, 2021 5:30 pm

Sims definitely have premium physical tools. That's not the first time that his head went above the rim on a dunk. For a guy that's probably 250-260lbs that's not an easy thing to do.

Return to Wiretap Discussion