Re: Rockets Re-Sign Armoni Brooks To Exhibit 10 Deal

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rockets Re-Sign Armoni Brooks To Exhibit 10 Deal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:15 pm

The Houston Rockets have re-signed guard Armoni Brooks to an exhibit 10 deal.

Brooks (6-3, 195) began last season with the Rockets G League affiliate, Rio Grande Valley, before signing a two-way contract with Houston on April 3. He appeared in 20 games with five starts for the Rockets while averaging 11.2 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 1.5 assists in 26.0 minutes per game.

The University of Houston product has the most 3-pointers made (60) through the first 20 games of a career in NBA history; the previous record was 48. Brooks scored 10+ points in each of the final seven games of 2020-21 (18.4 ppg) after doing so four times his first 13 games played (7.2 ppg).

Via RealGM Staff Report

IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Re: Rockets Re-Sign Armoni Brooks To Exhibit 10 Deal 

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:33 pm

This guy is a must-sign for the entire season in my opinion.

He has a lot of upside. I was the first person to say online he reminded me of Lou Williams. He has that upside. He just needs more of an opportunity to settle down. Lou Williams didn't play great when he was here either because all he did was stand on the side of the court and then when Harden struggled he was expected to hit an immediate 3. That's not how this sport works. It's never been how this sport works. Lou Williams didn't shoot well like that and either will Armoni Brooks.

You don't have to give him a significant role necessarily but let him settle in and give him consistent touches to find a rhythm with. Team USA struggles to beat Team Australia when Australia is in a rhythem. USA coaches will never understand this for some reason.

Return to Wiretap Discussion