Darren Collison Schedules Workout With Warriors

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Darren Collison Schedules Workout With Warriors 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:15 pm

Darren Collison has scheduled a workout with the Golden State Warriors this week.

Collison retired during the 2019 offseason and has had interest in making a return.

Via Chris Haynes/Yahoo! Sports

imDatknicksTape
Pro Prospect
And1: 361

Re: Darren Collison Schedules Workout With Warriors 

Post#2 » by imDatknicksTape » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:19 pm

pandemic caused him to go back to b-ball again. aint no faith helps you pay your bills. get back to work
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#3 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:52 pm

imDatknicksTape wrote:pandemic caused him to go back to b-ball again. aint no faith helps you pay your bills. get back to work

Especially a cult like the JW’s…
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#4 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:10 pm

Gotta be smarter than that
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#5 » by 720 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:35 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
imDatknicksTape wrote:pandemic caused him to go back to b-ball again. aint no faith helps you pay your bills. get back to work

Why JW’s more so than others? All the same ****.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#6 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:43 pm

720 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

Raised as JW and spent 25 years there. The last 15 I've been a conservative COC. Trust me, its not the same. Its way to much to post about in here but they are the definition of a cult. I can see your point from the outside looking in though. To each his own. We all eventually find out one way or another. Good luck.
#2A
#Adopt
RealGM

Post#7 » by 720 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:50 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
720 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Especially a cult like the JW’s…

Raised as JW and spent 25 years there. The last 15 I've been a conservative COC. Trust me, its not the same. Its way to much to post about in here but they are the definition of a cult. I can see your point from the outside looking in though. To each his own. We all eventually find out one way or another. Good luck.

I know JW's. Grew up a JW, mother still is a JW. Also many consider CoC's cults too. I know JW's are by definition a cult (established cult some would say) but to me most denominations no matter how big or small were once labeled as cults. They all view their interpretation as the truth but by doing that they stray further away from the source material. So the word has very little meaning or impact. All the same imo.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#8 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:12 am

720 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
720 wrote:Why JW’s more so than others? All the same ****.

I know JW's. Grew up a JW, mother still is a JW. Also many consider CoC's cults too. I know JW's are by definition a cult (established cult some would say) but to me most denominations no matter how big or small were once labeled as cults. They all view their interpretation as the truth but by doing that they stray further away from the source material. So the word has very little meaning or impact. All the same imo.
COC members view old school coc as cultish. Actually some of the teachings now include critical thinking and understanding that they may be wrong and encourage people to educate themselves and have dialogue about it. As you know JWs teach that higher education is evil and if you disobey them, you lose your family and network of friends. Even looking at OG COC, they don’t hold a candle to JW.
#2A
#Adopt
RealGM

Post#9 » by 720 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:17 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
720 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Raised as JW and spent 25 years there. The last 15 I've been a conservative COC. Trust me, its not the same. Its way to much to post about in here but they are the definition of a cult. I can see your point from the outside looking in though. To each his own. We all eventually find out one way or another. Good luck.

COC members view old school coc as cultish. Actually some of the teachings now include critical thinking and understanding that they may be wrong and encourage people to educate themselves and have dialogue about it. As you know JWs teach that higher education is evil and if you disobey them, you lose your family and network of friends. Even looking at OG COC, they don’t hold a candle to JW.

I think this is common in certain pockets of JW society especially in the south but that’s not the case from my experience in New York and in Canada. I know many JW’s with college degrees and I’m still in contact with my family even though I’m no longer JW.

Return to Wiretap Discussion