Isaiah Thomas, Lance Stephenson, Monta Ellis Work Out For Mavericks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Isaiah Thomas, Lance Stephenson, Monta Ellis Work Out For Mavericks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Sep 2, 2021 8:59 pm

Isaiah Thomas, Lance Stephenson and Monta Ellis worked out for the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday.

Thomas appeared to be in great shape as he works to make a return to the NBA. Thomas played briefly last season for the New Orleans Pelicans.

Stephenson last played in the NBA in 18-19 with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Ellis hasn't played in the NBA since the 16-17 season with the Indiana Pacers. 

Via Shams Charania, Jon Krawczynski/The Athletic

niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Re: Isaiah Thomas, Lance Stephenson, Monta Ellis Work Out For Mavericks 

Post#2 » by niha17 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 12:27 am

stop reaching for washed up players
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#3 » by donaldtrump_00 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 1:07 pm

Why is Lance Stevenson not playing. He has the most left in his tank then the other two. Thomas isn't a good player anymore. To many injuries. But it's sad to see all three not being able to do what they love for one team. I think Monta was washed up on his last season with the pacers. I don't know why he's considering a comeback. But they all need to be on some team even if it's China or g league.
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 100

Post#4 » by dubbmotta » Fri Sep 3, 2021 5:24 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:Why is Lance Stevenson not playing. He has the most left in his tank then the other two. Thomas isn't a good player anymore. To many injuries. But it's sad to see all three not being able to do what they love for one team. I think Monta was washed up on his last season with the pacers. I don't know why he's considering a comeback. But they all need to be on some team even if it's China or g league.

Lance can't hit the 3 ball..Thomas says he's finally 100% healthy, worth a tryout..Yea not sure about Ellis, he wasn't good his last couple seasons, also someone who struggles with the 3 ball. Honestly, he might be average in the Big 3 right now.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Sep 3, 2021 6:11 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:Why is Lance Stevenson not playing. He has the most left in his tank then the other two. Thomas isn't a good player anymore. To many injuries. But it's sad to see all three not being able to do what they love for one team. I think Monta was washed up on his last season with the pacers. I don't know why he's considering a comeback. But they all need to be on some team even if it's China or g league.

Lance had one good season in his career. He isn't worth a look.
Ellis was an inefficient chucker in his prime. Clearly not worth a look.
IT was in the MVP conversation before his injury. If he is healthy, I said IF, he could definitely help a team.
DickMotta4Prez
Senior
And1: 57

Post#6 » by DickMotta4Prez » Sun Sep 5, 2021 8:31 pm

I've seen a few team blogs written with the claim "some Mavs faithful are excited about the possiblity of a return for fan-favorite Monta Ellis". I'm curious who those fans are, because they clearly do not exist. Ellis is washed, was never that great and quit on the team while he was a member of it.
Unless IT is poised to win Comeback POTY, this is a non-story
boogiezen wrote:
So, stop pretending you know about basketball.

Return to Wiretap Discussion