Isaiah Thomas To Work Out For Warriors

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Isaiah Thomas To Work Out For Warriors 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:27 pm

Isaiah Thomas will work out for the Golden State Warriors next week.

Thomas was previously linked with the Los Angeles Lakers until they signed Rajon Rondo.

Thomas played briefly last season with the New Orleans Pelicans. 

Via Jorge Sierra, Michael Scotto/HoopsHype

niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Re: Isaiah Thomas To Work Out For Warriors 

Post#2 » by niha17 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:10 pm

still give it up
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,337

Post#3 » by Scalabrine » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:37 pm

This is honestly his most logical destination at this point.

The Warriors have great defensive principles to hide his biggest weakness and their backup point guard is currently Gary Payton II with Andre Iguodala and Draymond Green as the likely main facilitators. I hope he gets a chance there because the fit is pretty obvious if he has anything left.

Also happy to hear that the Warriors finally realize that they need another point guard.
Go Knicks!
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,949

Post#4 » by CobraCommander » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:26 pm

Scalabrine wrote:This is honestly his most logical destination at this point.

The Warriors have great defensive principles to hide his biggest weakness and their backup point guard is currently Gary Payton II with Andre Iguodala and Draymond Green as the likely main facilitators. I hope he gets a chance there because the fit is pretty obvious if he has anything left.

Also happy to hear that the Warriors finally realize that they need another point guard.

I saw the 81 point game in person....he can shoot, elevate, explode and again SHOOT- I don’t know where he fits but it’s on an nba roster....not the wiz but somewhere
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,337

Post#5 » by Scalabrine » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:32 pm

CobraCommander wrote:

I saw the 81 point game in person....he can shoot, elevate, explode and again SHOOT- I don’t know where he fits but it’s on an nba roster....not the wiz but somewhere

He's not better then Neto or Holiday?
Go Knicks!
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#6 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:48 pm

CobraCommander wrote:

81 point game?
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#7 » by Laimbeer » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:46 pm

CobraCommander wrote:

But the competition was awful. I wasn't real impressed with anything but his shooting, and that was edited.
OogaBooga
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#8 » by OogaBooga » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:10 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:

81 point game?
wasn't an nba game. Pritchard on the celtics got 90 something points in the same type of game.
SeanieWard
Senior
And1: 493

Post#9 » by SeanieWard » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:42 pm

Finally

As someone who wants to see the Warriors be competitive again, I thought this was an option they should explore. The problem for them in recent years has been not able to score the ball when Steph goes to the bench and at the very least I think IT can provide a scoring punch and I think having another iso scorer on that team would help. Hope he finds a spot on this team
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#10 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:51 pm

OogaBooga wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:I saw the 81 point game in person....he can shoot, elevate, explode and again SHOOT- I don’t know where he fits but it’s on an nba roster....not the wiz but somewhere

81 point game?
wasn't an nba game. Pritchard on the celtics got 90 something points in the same type of game.

Do non NBA games count?
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 113

Post#11 » by njknicks » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:22 am

While Warriors need depth at the PG position -- IT is not the answer.

They need to scour the globe for a Shaun Livingston type of guard to give Curry the 10 to 15 minute rest.

Given his hip injury history, IT at this late stage in his career is a liability for any roster.

Other complimentary guard options for the Warriors :

* Avery Bradley, Wes Matthews, Jeff Teague, JJ Reddick
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#12 » by CobraCommander » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:06 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
OogaBooga wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:81 point game?

Do non NBA games count?

Yes because they play basketball...

We give everyone else credit for games against people not in nba....why not him
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#13 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:21 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
OogaBooga wrote: wasn't an nba game. Pritchard on the celtics got 90 something points in the same type of game.

Do non NBA games count?

I scored 47 in a pickup game last night... my kids can't guard me. I'm unstoppable!

If it isn't NBA competition then it doesn't matter. No, really, it doesn't. :noway:

I'm all for IT getting a shot to contribute, but him scoring 81 in a non-NBA game is the equivalent of Shaq making free throws in practice. It just doesn't matter.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#14 » by CobraCommander » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:26 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:Do non NBA games count?

I scored 47 in a pickup game last night... my kids can't guard me. I'm unstoppable!

If it isn't NBA competition then it doesn't matter. No, really, it doesn't. :noway:

I'm all for IT getting a shot to contribute, but him scoring 81 in a non-NBA game is the equivalent of Shaq making free throws in practice. It just doesn't matter.

I agree in principle but at what level of talent do you give him credit? It wasn’t against your kids...it was a pro am where all of the AMs are better than your kids I suspect. The number is bloated of course but you should check out J.Crossovers summer league. It’s high end players out there which is why it made sports center. Defense was crap but you gotta make the shot right.

I’m saying IT Looks healthy....so if he was good when we last saw him healthy why shouldn’t he be in league now

Oh and good job punishing your kids and getting 47! I love that you driving them to step their game up!

Return to Wiretap Discussion