Jonathan Isaac Believes Unvaccinated Players Are 'Vilified', 'Bullied'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Jonathan Isaac Believes Unvaccinated Players Are 'Vilified', 'Bullied' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:32 pm

Jonathan Isaac rose to prominence as a contrarian personality within the NBA when he stood for the national anthem during the NBA's restart in 2020 in Orlando. Every other player, except Meyers Leonard, took a knee in protest of police killings of Black people.

“I’m not going to sit here and point my fingers at one group of people,” Isaac, who is Black, tells RS. “I would do it again.”

Isaac is also proudly unvaccinated. 

Isaac considers un-vaxxed players to be vilified and bullied, and he thinks “it’s an injustice” to automatically make heroes out of vaccinated celebrities.

“You can play on the same court. We can touch the same ball. We can bump chests. We can do all those things on the court. And then when it comes to being on the bus, we have to be in different parts of the bus? To me, it doesn’t seem logically consistent.

“If you are vaccinated, in other places you still have to wear the mask regardless. It’s like, ‘OK, then what is the mask necessarily for?’” Isaac continues. “And if Kyrie says that from his position of his executive power in the NBPA, then kudos to him.”

Via Matt Sullivan/Rolling Stone

meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,844

Re: Jonathan Isaac Believes Unvaccinated Players Are 'Vilified', 'Bullied' 

Post#2 » by meekrab » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:43 pm

As they should be.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,247

Post#3 » by Harry Garris » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:48 pm

meekrab wrote:As they should be.

Vilifying and bullying people you disagree with is now par for the course in political discourse in America. It's the main reason why it's become such a complete **** show.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a case that listening to people you disagree with and genuinely taking their position into account is far more important than ensuring everyone falls into line by force if necessary. Leaning even further into this line of thinking is only going to make things worse and make the next mandatory vaccine or whatever an even bigger disaster than this time.
slay25
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#4 » by slay25 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:58 pm

it’s just so weird, if the vaccine works then vaccinated players and people have nothing to worry about! why would people who spend their lives lying to the public be so concerned about our health now? you’re allowed to smoke cigs and eat fast food til your heart and arteries close up but no one yells at obese people for taking up icu beds. the madness in this world has gotten to over the top levels. we really need to consider our rationale these days. it’s funny tho, people who don’t want to get vaccinated are rarely insulting vaccinated people, only trying to defend themselves for not rushing to put something in their bodies that has shown at least some worrying side effects. enough to wait for longer term results. oh and btw if you have had the shot longer than 3 months or less than 2 weeks you’re considered unvaccinated. just remember that when the cdc gives you the “data”
Jordans_Rose
Junior
And1: 156

Post#5 » by Jordans_Rose » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:20 pm

I got vaccinated twice but I understand what Jonathan Isaac or Andrew Wiggins is saying, they have the right to their opinion. I used to think people on the right were hard-headed a-holes, but the left is no different. We live in messed up times where people just want to say "cancel" him/her or "cap that". Let me just say our governments in the West gave expired vaccines to Indigenous or vaccines such as Astra Zeneca to places like Africa or Afghanistan. But people wouldn't dare question that, we live in a corrupt world. I am not saying the vaccine is corrupt but y'all state you want freedom right? But if I said believe in God words, a lot of people will say no because I want to do what I want because I want to be free and do what I want. People can clap back and say "Bruhhhh what the f you talking about" Which on this site is most likely. But let me just say, the pharmaceutical industry makes billions which people should know about, things like Tylenol or Advil is for pain relief correct? But why do people go to pain medication then doing their homework on natural resources such as fruits, vegetables or teas, exercise, etc. to help with that. I know majority people won't agree with me on all of this and that's okay.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,086

Post#6 » by CIN-C-STAR » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:22 pm

slay25 wrote:it’s just so weird, if the vaccine works then vaccinated players and people have nothing to worry about! why would people who spend their lives lying to the public be so concerned about our health now? you’re allowed to smoke cigs and eat fast food til your heart and arteries close up but no one yells at obese people for taking up icu beds. the madness in this world has gotten to over the top levels. we really need to consider our rationale these days. it’s funny tho, people who don’t want to get vaccinated are rarely insulting vaccinated people, only trying to defend themselves for not rushing to put something in their bodies that has shown at least some worrying side effects. enough to wait for longer term results. oh and btw if you have had the shot longer than 3 months or less than 2 weeks you’re considered unvaccinated. just remember that when the cdc gives you the “data”

Vaccines are not 100% effective so that isn't true. Even if they get only a mild case from an unvaccinated person, they may then pass it on to a family member who is ineligible for vaccination, either due to being immunocompromised or too young (the vaccine isn't approved for those under 12 years old).

I would argue there is in fact a lot of negative social stigma about being obese or a smoker, but that aside, those issues are not contagious and, as they aren't communicable diseases, don't lead to mortality events where a bunch of smokers or people with poor dietary habits become seriously ill at the same time.
Because those health issues are pretty evenly spread out over time, they don't clog up the ICU beds in the same way a viral pandemic can and does.

I couldn't find anything to support or refute this last claim, but I highly doubt that it's true. In fact, they don't even recommend a booster shot until you are 6 months removed from the original vaccination, so there is no logical reason to think they are classifying people who are only 3 months removed from vaccination as "unvaccinated." If you've some credible link stating otherwise I'd love to see it, but I'm afraid this is almost surely some internet conspiracy nonsense.

I'm opposed to government mandates of the vaccine btw, but just thought I'd respond to some of these claims as I am mainly in support of an honest discussion of the facts and science. Hope this helped. Cheers.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
LaKerSpAin
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#7 » by LaKerSpAin » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:28 pm

Ignorance is a curse...

The vaccine is not a cure, people got to understand that :banghead:
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#8 » by MitchB3 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:21 pm

LaKerSpAin wrote:Ignorance is a curse...

Yeah your ignorance on this wildly cursed.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#9 » by DoItALL9 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:26 pm

May he play with Orlando his whole career

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#10 » by nedleeds » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:26 pm

MitchB3 wrote:

Yeah your ignorance on this wildly cursed.

What's wrong specifically with what he said? The vaccine with high efficacy causes most healthy people to produce an antibody response which endures for a yet to be determined period. It's not a cure, it grants immunity in most healthy people. Getting and recovering from Covid does the same thing. The vaccine doesn't "Cure" anything, it produces levels of igg/v/a etc that give your body a means to likely fight off covid with little or no symptoms.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
MitchB3
Starter

Post#11 » by MitchB3 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:38 pm

Thank you Jonathan Isaac for saying something, you and all the unvaccinated players. We live in a gullible/idiotic point in history, where the powers that be will are labeling opinions as facts, facts as opinion, or need more context, or whatever. It same people who are telling you, you should be vaccinated are the same ones that don't know the REAL history of blacks Americans/African-Americans.

The government somehow convinced everyone that breathing fresh air is bad because of a virus; they've also convinced people if you don't wear a mask you are spreading the virus, but in the same sentence or two will say, vaccinated people, are the ones getting the virus. This makes NO SENSE at all and we need more people to stand up and say no.
MitchB3
Starter

Post#12 » by MitchB3 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:45 pm

nedleeds wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:

Yeah, your ignorance on this wildly cursed.

What's wrong specifically with what he said? The vaccine with high efficacy causes most healthy people to produce an antibody response which endures for a yet to be determined period. It's not a cure, it grants immunity in most healthy people. Getting and recovering from Covid does the same thing. The vaccine doesn't "Cure" anything, it produces levels of igg/v/a etc that give your body a means to likely fight off covid with little or no symptoms.

Oh, you sound just like those people in the media. Let me ask you, Mr. Scientist, why is it that it wasn't until recently (a few weeks or months ago) the 3 vaccine manufacturers were stating "oh there's some side effects." Why don't they ever mention the people who've died from taking it? My personal favorite, how the hell is "vaccine" effective against this new delta variant that came out 2 maybe 4 months ago, and they are still doing research on it?
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#13 » by nedleeds » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:01 pm

MitchB3 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:
Yeah, your ignorance on this wildly cursed.

Oh, you sound just like those people in the media. Let me ask you, Mr. Scientist, why is it that it wasn't until recently (a few weeks or months ago) the 3 vaccine manufacturers were stating "oh there's some side effects." Why don't they ever mention the people who've died from taking it? My personal favorite, how the hell is "vaccine" effective against this new delta variant that came out 2 maybe 4 months ago, and they are still doing research on it?

Well it sounds like you don't have a life sciences background but the laymans answer is, the legos the variants use to attach to your legos look alot like the legos the original vaccines (or recovering successfully from the original covid) were meant to build legos to connect to. So the antibodies the vaccines produce in almost all healthy people for original covid seem to have great effect on new covid because the legos needed are all very similar.

Your body looks at a virus in terms of a profile, like a lego brick and tries to determine if it has a lego that fits against it to nullify it.

As for "people dying from the vaccine", it's certainly possible and there are some conditions that can have severe reactions to vaccines. For example most traditional flu vaccines are made using egg base (the proteins specifically if you care) so for example a person with egg allergy would have a terrible reaction. Systemic adverse events such as fatigue, muscle aches, headache, and chills are common with the mRNA (Pfizer) vaccines, but it's really hard to un couple them from the similar symptoms that covid produces. Lots of people have died after taking the vaccine, whether it had anything to do with it is a harder question to answer.

If you straight up don't believe our immune system works the way it does then I, the media, the democrats or the republicans can't help you.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.

Return to Wiretap Discussion