Spurs, 76ers Haven't Gotten Far With Trade Talks On Ben Simmons

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Spurs, 76ers Haven't Gotten Far With Trade Talks On Ben Simmons 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:22 pm

The San Antonio Spurs have discussed a trade for Ben Simmons with the Philadelphia 76ers, but sources tell Zach Lowe of ESPN that those talks have not gotten far.

The Spurs lack a foundational star, which hurts them in their efforts to trade for a player of Simmons' caliber.

When the Spurs traded Kawhi Leonard, they turned down several offers that were heavy on future first round picks. San Antonio choice instead to pair LaMarcus Aldridge with DeMar DeRozan. San Antonio also acquired Jakob Poeltl and the pick that became Keldon Johnson.

Via Zach Lowe/ESPN

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,776

Re: Spurs, 76ers Haven't Gotten Far With Trade Talks On Ben Simmons 

Post#2 » by the_process » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:43 pm

Why mention the Spurs in specific? Klutch leak that to Lowe? Ben could be the number one there, Pop would certainly build the team around him.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#3 » by Revived » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:36 pm

the_process wrote:Why mention the Spurs in specific? Klutch leak that to Lowe? Ben could be the number one there, Pop would certainly build the team around him.

This report seems like BS. Pop would not be interested in a player like Simmons with his work ethic and behavior.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,776

Post#4 » by the_process » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:33 pm

Revived wrote:
the_process wrote:Why mention the Spurs in specific? Klutch leak that to Lowe? Ben could be the number one there, Pop would certainly build the team around him.

This report seems like BS. Pop would not be interested in a player like Simmons with his work ethic and behavior.

Pop is certainly interested, he has raved about Simmons before and he would instantly be the best player on that team.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,221

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:43 pm

the_process wrote:
Revived wrote:

Pop is certainly interested, he has raved about Simmons before and he would instantly be the best player on that team.

Two things are certainly true.
1) Simmons would put in the work for Pop or he would ride pine.
2) If Simmons is the best player on your team you have some serious issues... but Pop is the right coach to find a way to help Simmons to succeed.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#6 » by Cookin Baskets » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:02 am

I just want the 76ers to trade him to the kings for heild and a couple other players honestly. That sounds like the best realistic option. Spurs don't have anybody you would want.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#7 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:01 am

If I’m the Spurs I’m elated to be at the table. They should throw everything in… Murray with Embiid and Harris might look nice
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
Salty1
Senior
And1: 81

Post#8 » by Salty1 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:16 am

I like this.. finally a trade that could make a lot of sense for both ends.. Murray, Johnson, Jakob, 23 and 25FRP

Return to Wiretap Discussion