Kevin Knox Fighting For Roster Spot With Knicks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kevin Knox Fighting For Roster Spot With Knicks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Oct 2, 2021 8:50 pm

Former lottery pick Kevin Knox hasn't had any extension discussions with the New York Knicks. Beyond that, Knox may be in a fight for his spot on the roster. Reports out of New York suggest that Knox may be battling Luca Vildoza for a spot at the Knicks bench.

Knox was selected with the ninth overall pick at the 2018 NBA Draft. The 6'9'' forward scored 12.8 points per game as a rookie, but shot just 37% from the field. His playing time dipped as a sophomore and he averaged 6.5 points in 17.9 minutes per game.

In his third season, Knox lost his spot in the rotation entirely under first-year Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau. Sources have indicated that Thibodeau won't play Knox due believing he has a low motor and a lack of toughness.

Via Marc Berman/NY Post

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: Kevin Knox Fighting For Roster Spot With Knicks 

Post#2 » by br7knicks » Sun Oct 3, 2021 12:59 am

Knicks needed a defensive wing who could shoot. Common sense would've said Mikael bridges at the time. But Knicks gonna knick.

What made it worse was he was groomed by a terrible coach, in Fiz. Gave him free reign to shoot at will, but not play defense or use both of his brain cells.

Won't be sad when he's gone, in the enx
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
imDatknicksTape
Pro Prospect
And1: 361

Post#3 » by imDatknicksTape » Sun Oct 3, 2021 2:22 am

Of all the things mills did . This. Had to be the worst. Perry deserves blame too. Dude has all the skill sets but is a project and needs serious development. Mills did some good things butt this one is real bad
coolbyme
Junior
And1: 48

Post#4 » by coolbyme » Sun Oct 3, 2021 4:24 am

I remember this kid being the most promising player in NY, now he's fighting for a spot on the bench? What happened?

Is he still worth another r team signing and developing? Maybe send him to the 905?

Sent from my SM-A115F using RealGM mobile app
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#5 » by The_Hater » Sun Oct 3, 2021 7:12 am

coolbyme wrote:I remember this kid being the most promising player in NY, now he's fighting for a spot on the bench? What happened?

Is he still worth another r team signing and developing? Maybe send him to the 905?

The article says low motor and a lack of toughness, I’ll add terrible shot selection, lack of all around skill and an extremely poor BBall IQ.

His NBA days are numbered
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#6 » by MitchB3 » Sun Oct 3, 2021 7:32 am

imDatknicksTape wrote:Of all the things mills did . This. Had to be the worst. Perry deserves blame too. Dude has all the skill sets but is a project and needs serious development. Mills did some good things butt this one is real bad

How is this a GM thing? You can't teach toughness or motor. He made it to the league and got lazy, sometimes it's the coach and other times it's the player. In this situation it's the player.
slay25
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#7 » by slay25 » Sun Oct 3, 2021 8:03 am

at the end of the day, these guys are hurting themselves by trying to enter the league so early after being on stacked college teams. players like luka, lamelo, jalen green (we’ll see), these guys who take different paths to the league with different competition have a huge advantage. when you’re big and athletic and far superior in high school you just don’t learn the game. you could always tell that knox had no creative moves to get by anyone and couldn’t play make. imagine if he could learn longer and then come out…
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#8 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sun Oct 3, 2021 8:38 am

This is funny because when I look on YouTube he looks very high motored and blocking shots at an extremely high level. Seems like he's hitting 3s but shooting alot of them. Seems to be the 1st one down the court. So I'm lost on how he's struggling for a roster spot. A lottery team should take a deeper look at him. I think he's extremely slept on.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#9 » by NoStatsGuy » Sun Oct 3, 2021 8:58 am

coolbyme wrote:I remember this kid being the most promising player in NY, now he's fighting for a spot on the bench? What happened?

noone ever said hes the most promising player in NY, people might've said that about m.robinson who came in the same draft.

what are you on about mate?
im bout dat action boss
niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#10 » by niha17 » Sun Oct 3, 2021 2:42 pm

knox is maybe the worst player in the nba
saltybs
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#11 » by saltybs » Sun Oct 3, 2021 4:19 pm

The_Hater wrote:

The article says low motor and a lack of toughness, I’ll add terrible shot selection, lack of all around skill and an extremely poor BBall IQ.

His NBA days are numbered

This. Knox's bball IQ is shockingly low. He cannot find a way to impact the game positively unless he happens to be hitting his 3 ball on any given day, which is far from often enough. He floats around the court two steps mentally behind every other player on the court. Add to the fact that he's soft like Charmin and yeah, his days are numbered. He probably would have been in a much better spot if he either stayed in school for another 2 years or if Day 1 the Knicks had him in Westchester and spent the last 3 years there figuring it out.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 515

Post#12 » by TheCage4 » Mon Oct 4, 2021 12:05 pm

If Thibs isn't going to play him, why waste the roster spot?

Knox is just another lottery pick that didn't pan out in the NBA. We've seen this countless times before throughout history. If this wasn't the Knicks, I doubt it would make any type of headlines.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Discussion