Kyrie Irving Doesn't Attend Practice With Nets

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kyrie Irving Doesn't Attend Practice With Nets 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Oct 5, 2021 4:03 pm

Kyrie Irving did not attend practice with the Brooklyn Nets on Tuesday.

Irving is currently ineligible to play in home games and practices for the Nets due to the vaccination requirements in New York City.

Irving has previously described his vaccination status as personal and has asked reporters to respect his privacy.

Via Shams Charania, Alex Schiffer/The Athletic

objectivefan
Junior
And1: 66

Re: Kyrie Irving Doesn't Attend Practice With Nets 

Post#2 » by objectivefan » Tue Oct 5, 2021 6:24 pm

Lets see if Mr. Flat Earth is willing to take the stand that not getting the vaccine is worth more than 1/2 of his annual salary.

let's see him talk his way out of this
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,532

Post#3 » by closg00 » Tue Oct 5, 2021 6:57 pm

Fine him daily and withhold paychecks
OogaBooga
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#4 » by OogaBooga » Tue Oct 5, 2021 6:58 pm

Here we go again with Katie. Another team, same bull.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,152

Post#5 » by druggas » Tue Oct 5, 2021 7:00 pm

If he feels so strongly about the shot, he should retire from the NBA. That would show just how strong his convictions are.

I'm betting he won't.
Folklore
Senior
And1: 174

Post#6 » by Folklore » Tue Oct 5, 2021 7:53 pm

I wonder how people would feel if this was Tom Brady? Would there still be the "shut up and throw the ball" stance? or more of a "look at him stand for what he believes in, its not about the money to him, its about principle. We have the right to choose what we want to put in our bodies. What a great American"?

Just in case you didn't know the vaccine only helps those who take it not get too sick. A vaxed person can sill get it and spread it. So regardless its going to spread and a vax can get it again like a flu. those who have healthy bodies don't have to worry about getting it.so why take an unnecessary risk while those old fat cats don't need to take it? people just want to be more informed about a medication before they take it.
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#7 » by Trailbreaker » Tue Oct 5, 2021 8:17 pm

Folklore wrote:I wonder how people would feel if this was Tom Brady? Would there still be the "shut up and throw the ball" stance? or more of a "look at him stand for what he believes in, its not about the money to him, its about principle. We have the right to choose what we want to put in our bodies. What a great American"?

Just in case you didn't know the vaccine only helps those who take it not get too sick. A vaxed person can sill get it and spread it. So regardless its going to spread and a vax can get it again like a flu. those who have healthy bodies don't have to worry about getting it.so why take an unnecessary risk while those old fat cats don't need to take it? people just want to be more informed about a medication before they take it.

Are the 8chan boards down again?
Gramercy Riffs
Junior
And1: 727

Post#8 » by Gramercy Riffs » Tue Oct 5, 2021 8:23 pm

Folklore wrote:I wonder how people would feel if this was Tom Brady? Would there still be the "shut up and throw the ball" stance? or more of a "look at him stand for what he believes in, its not about the money to him, its about principle. We have the right to choose what we want to put in our bodies. What a great American"?

I don't get why people keep repeating the same old bad information. The vaccine vastly reduces your chances of getting sick if you're infected and vastly reduces your viral load if infected so that you're far less likely to spread it to others and the window in which you're contagious is vastly narrower.

Plenty of healthy people get sick and suffer symptoms, sometimes for a long time after and possibly permanently. And there are even healthy people that die for reasons we don't entirely understand. Get the vaccine, don't play Russian roulette with your life and the lives of those around you.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#9 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Oct 5, 2021 8:34 pm

Gramercy Riffs wrote:

I don't get why people keep repeating the same old bad information. The vaccine vastly reduces your chances of getting sick if you're infected and vastly reduces your viral load if infected so that you're far less likely to spread it to others and the window in which you're contagious is vastly narrower.

Plenty of healthy people get sick and suffer symptoms, sometimes for a long time after and possibly permanently. And there are even healthy people that die for reasons we don't entirely understand. Get the vaccine, don't play Russian roulette with your life and the lives of those around you.

The vaccine reduces your chance of getting Covid.
Therefore the vaccine reduces your chance of spreading Covid.
It isn't difficult, the vaccine helps to slow the spread of Covid and protect the people we come into contact with everyday.

But you ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know.
Gramercy Riffs
Junior

Post#10 » by Gramercy Riffs » Tue Oct 5, 2021 8:37 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Gramercy Riffs wrote:

It isn't difficult, the vaccine helps to slow the spread of Covid and protect the people we come into contact with everyday.

I assume you meant to respond to Folklore?
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#11 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Oct 5, 2021 8:47 pm

If it was Tom Brady than I would wonder if he also thought the earth was flat. Clearly I would see him as an idiot without the sense of a tube of toothpaste, but I don't think I would really give it much thought. Kyrie was viewed as an absolute moron before this, so if your thinking is in line with his you might want to reevaluate. :D

Side note: Who gives a crap about Tom Brady? Did he get a camp invite by GSW?
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#12 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Oct 5, 2021 8:49 pm

Gramercy Riffs wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
Gramercy Riffs wrote:

I was actually just agreeing with you. Does every response need to be in opposition?
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 520

Post#13 » by TheCage4 » Tue Oct 5, 2021 8:51 pm

If it wasn’t the vaccine, it would be something else. This man just loves drama and ignores the negative impact he has on those around him.

Brooklyn will never win a championship with Irving on the team.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
Gramercy Riffs
Junior

Post#14 » by Gramercy Riffs » Tue Oct 5, 2021 8:57 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Gramercy Riffs wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:The vaccine reduces your chance of getting Covid.

I was actually just agreeing with you. Does every response need to be in opposition?

Okay. I don't know.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#15 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Oct 5, 2021 9:00 pm

Gramercy Riffs wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
Gramercy Riffs wrote:

Okay. I don't know.

:naaa:
TKKnicks1
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,728

Post#16 » by TKKnicks1 » Tue Oct 5, 2021 9:11 pm

Irving and his COVID drama
KD and his Twitter drama
Harden and his stripper drama

Brooklyn Nuts got championship written all over em :roll:
~I Believe!~
nguyen925
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#17 » by nguyen925 » Tue Oct 5, 2021 10:31 pm

No worries Kyrie, do what you want on your own terms. If your team is less likely to succeed without you playing half the available games minus the games you'll likely be injured in too it's all good.

I'm glad the Nets have controversy, keeps them further relevant in the news. I'm tired of taking care of patients who refuse to get the covid vaccine . Maybe getting the vaccine would have helped lessen their symptoms, maybe it wouldn't have mattered.

Take the chance and choose whatever you want. It'll be on your conscience if you end up spreading it to your loved ones. Again all everyone's respective choice !
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,977

Post#18 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Oct 5, 2021 10:46 pm

TheCage4 wrote:If it wasn’t the vaccine, it would be something else. This man just loves drama and ignores the negative impact he has on those around him.

He realized he hadn't gotten enough attention this offseason so he just decided to take it up a notch. I'd bet he's been fully vaccinated since March.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 157

Post#19 » by BigHustle » Wed Oct 6, 2021 12:26 am

My body, my choice. Oh wait.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,004

Post#20 » by CobraCommander » Wed Oct 6, 2021 12:46 am

BigHustle wrote:My body, my choice. Oh wait.

Team gonna have to move on from Kyrie at some point. Kyrie is 100% right....he doesn’t have to get vaccinated and he won’t play or get that 30 extra large.

Return to Wiretap Discussion