Steve Nash Acknowledges Kyrie Irving Won't Play Home Games

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Steve Nash Acknowledges Kyrie Irving Won't Play Home Games 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:38 pm

Brooklyn Nets head coach Steve Nash acknowledged for the first time that the team will be without Kyrie Irving for parts of this season. Nash said, "I think we recognize he’s not playing home games. We’re going to have to for sure play without him this year. So it just depends on when, where and how much."

Irving has maintained that his vaccination status is a private, personal matter. He recently missed the Nets first home game, with his status listed as "ineligible". That all but confirmed that Irving is not vaccinated against COVID-19.

The Nets practice facility was recently deemed a private office. That frees up Irving to practice with the team in Brooklyn.

New York City has a mandate that in order to take part in games, the Nets and New York Knicks players must be vaccinated. This means Irving is set up to miss as many as 41 regular season games. That would cause Irving to forfeit tens of millions of dollars in salary. Brooklyn will not receive any tax relief for any salary Irving forfeits.

Via Brian Lewis/New York Post

elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 78

Re: Steve Nash Acknowledges Kyrie Irving Won't Play Home Games 

Post#2 » by elmdawgg69 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:41 pm

This is a real test to see if “load management” works.
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer
And1: 681

Post#3 » by jstudabaka » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:06 pm

Straight-up clown, in a clown organization. #Bucksin6
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,188

Post#4 » by cedric76 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:15 pm

I never liked Kyrie as a person but I love what he is doing now

Big Respect

Those covid rules are a Joke and it s good to see people like Isaac and Irving standing their ground
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:41 pm

elmdawgg69 wrote:This is a real test to see if “load management” works.

This whole thing is a load! :D
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#6 » by BigHustle » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:21 pm

#KyrieStandsWithTrump
TOMSPY77
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#7 » by TOMSPY77 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:25 pm

cedric76 wrote:I never liked Kyrie as a person but I love what he is doing now

Big Respect

Those covid rules are a Joke and it s good to see people like Isaac and Irving standing their ground

Right, I'm SO glad they are against helping people avoid sickness! :crazy: :noway: :banghead:
Illuz10n
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#8 » by Illuz10n » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:55 pm

TOMSPY77 wrote:

Big Respect

Right, I'm SO glad they are against helping people avoid sickness! :crazy: :noway: :banghead:

My entire household is vaccinated and we all got the stupid virus. You’re not going to avoid the virus with the vaccine. It will lessen your symptoms which is what makes it worth it to me.
TOMSPY77
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by TOMSPY77 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:04 pm

Illuz10n wrote:
TOMSPY77 wrote:

Big Respect

My entire household is vaccinated and we all got the stupid virus. You’re not going to avoid the virus with the vaccine. It will lessen your symptoms which is what makes it worth it to me.

No, I've probably already had it between doses of Maderna because of anti-vax idiots like Kyrie 'the world is flat' Irving while living in a red hell hole of COVIDiots thanks.

The fact you champion a man dumb enough to think the Earth isn't round and you think he is standing his ground? He is a nut job, just like most that are against COVID mitigation efforts...tell me is that ground he is on round or flat, such is the standard of 'truth' and 'big respect' Kyrie maintains... :lol:
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#10 » by ejftw » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:05 pm

TOMSPY77 wrote:

Big Respect

Pretending to help people now..but bent over for China, who is in the midst of ethnic cleansing...makes sense.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,966

Post#11 » by Liam_Gallagher » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:04 am

TOMSPY77 wrote:

Big Respect

The vaccine doesn’t help people avoid sickness.
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,854

Post#12 » by Raptors Realtor » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:11 am

BigHustle wrote:#KyrieStandsWithTrump

Shocker... and trump is a chump who was one of the first Americans to get the vaccine.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#13 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:49 am

ejftw wrote:
TOMSPY77 wrote:

Big Respect

Pretending to help people now..but bent over for China, who is in the midst of ethnic cleansing...makes sense.

Yes, the NBA bent over after China demanded Morey be fired. That's why Morey is *checks notes* still an NBA GM.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,806

Post#14 » by HotelVitale » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:57 am

Liam_Gallagher wrote:
TOMSPY77 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:I never liked Kyrie as a person but I love what he is doing now Big Respect Those covid rules are a Joke and it s good to see people like Isaac and Irving standing their ground
Right, I'm SO glad they are against helping people avoid sickness!:
The vaccine doesn’t help people avoid sickness.

C'mon bud, yes it does. Just say you're against it for personal freedom or whatever but it definitely helps you not catch COVID and it helps keep you much, much less sick if you do still catch it. Not getting vaccinated is like caring a pole out when there's lightning--yeah getting vaccinated doesn't mean there's no chance you'll get struck by lightning but walking around with that pole makes you a bigger target and it gets going to hit you a lot harder if the lightning does find you.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#15 » by ejftw » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:03 am

BigHustle wrote:#KyrieStandsWithTrump

So he supports speeding up the process for an experimental vaccine?
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#16 » by TheCage4 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:05 am

Marks and the Nets did this to themselves. They were so intent on getting KD that they took on Kyrie and torpedoed everything Atkinson was building.

None of this is a surprise nor should it be. Irving already had enough of a history to be a red flag, but they proceeded regardless.

My only remaining interest in this storyline is how far the Brooklyn organization is willing to go to accommodate Kyrie. They’re currently looking at 41 games of eligibility and that’s without injury or mental health sabbaticals.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
Shawnmatrix
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#17 » by Shawnmatrix » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:32 am

ejftw wrote:
TOMSPY77 wrote:

Big Respect

I know this is a basketball post and want to stay away from politics, but do you really think every country (obviously US included) doesn’t have its own agenda?
TOMSPY77
Pro Prospect

Post#18 » by TOMSPY77 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:36 am

ejftw wrote:
TOMSPY77 wrote:

Big Respect

No one mentioned China except you, I mentioned using age-old methods to prevent virus spread...
TOMSPY77
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by TOMSPY77 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:40 am

Shawnmatrix wrote:
ejftw wrote:
TOMSPY77 wrote:

I know this is a basketball post and want to stay away from politics, but do you really think every country (obviously US included) doesn’t have its own agenda?

Sure, but I also can see this is not that hill, all the anti-vax, anti-mask science is never peer-reviewed, you are in the same circles as people who think a man named Q goes on 8-Chan to drop secrets and Donald Trump is the savior of abused children and same circles where people like Kyrie insist the Earth is flat and you are wondering if I am on the wrong side of sanity on this issue?
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#20 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:07 am

I am not an anti-vaxxer, but I don’t think anyone should be forced to get a vaccine. I’m vaccinated - I don’t care what you do with your body.
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions

Return to Wiretap Discussion