Kyrie Irving's Position Not Anti-Vaccine, Wants To Challenge A Perceived Control Of Society

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 228

Kyrie Irving's Position Not Anti-Vaccine, Wants To Challenge A Perceived Control Of Society 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:58 pm

Kyrie Irving is not anti-vaccine and that his stance is that he is upset that people are losing their jobs due to vaccine mandates, multiple sources with direct knowledge of Irving's decision have told Shams Charania of The Athletic

"It’s a stance that Irving has explained to close teammates," writes Charania. "To him, this is about a grander fight than the one on the court and Irving is challenging a perceived control of society and people’s livelihoodaccording to sources with knowledge of Irving’s mindset. It is a decision that he believes he is capable to make given his current life dynamics."

Irving is currently ineligible to play for the Brooklyn Nets in home games and the team has decided that they'd prefer him not to play in any games until he's ready to play in all of them

“Kyrie wants to be a voice for the voiceless,” one source said.

Irving is slated to miss out on $16 million-plus in salary this season and also forgo a $186 million extension. 

The rules in New York City are indefinite and there is no expectation of them being reversed, which would allow him to play.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

jstudabaka
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Re: Kyrie Irving's Position Not Anti-Vaccine, Wants To Challenge A Perceived Control Of Society 

Post#2 » by jstudabaka » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:08 pm

Zzzzzzzzz. The entire Republican Party is the voice for anti-science, anti-public health rubbish. So he's hardly doing anything special.
BigHustle
Senior
And1: 101

Re: Kyrie Irving's Position Not Anti-Vaccine, Wants To Challenge A Perceived Control Of Society 

Post#3 » by BigHustle » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:24 pm

Calling out Joe Biden for Oppression? Or is Trump still the guy?
Losing track here.
danvato
Junior
And1: 293

Post#4 » by danvato » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:25 pm

It's always hard to tell with Kyrie whether his clarification on a pervious controversy makes things less stupid or more. It never makes it not stupid though.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 11,195

Post#5 » by dougthonus » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:28 pm

danvato wrote:It's always hard to tell with Kyrie whether his clarification on a pervious controversy makes things less stupid or more. It never makes it not stupid though.

I don't know if a more accurate description could be written.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
TheBoi10
Head Coach
And1: 9,057

Post#6 » by TheBoi10 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:32 pm

Contrarian to the core
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,494

Post#7 » by duetta » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:39 pm

What a moron.
rgm70
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#8 » by rgm70 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:40 pm

What a piece a work… this guy. SMH
alamin330
Pro Prospect
And1: 496

Post#9 » by alamin330 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:42 pm

Spoiler:
dougthonus wrote:
danvato wrote:It's always hard to tell with Kyrie whether his clarification on a pervious controversy makes things less stupid or more. It never makes it not stupid though.

I don't know if a more accurate description could be written.

See there’s leaders and there’s followers. But I’d rather be a dick than a swallower.
You two must be swallowers. To each his own. Enjoy

No.
RedSalsa
Sophomore
And1: 85

Post#11 » by RedSalsa » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:45 pm

jstudabaka wrote:Zzzzzzzzz. The entire Republican Party is the voice for anti-science, anti-public health rubbish. So he's hardly doing anything special.

Yep

The low IQ party
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#12 » by TheCage4 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:46 pm

It’s kind of hard to be a “voice” for anyone when all you say is nonsense.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 27,816

Post#13 » by robillionaire » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:49 pm

Challenge these nuts and enjoy your extended time off
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,019

Post#14 » by Max Power » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:52 pm

I’m pretty sure Kyrie Irving’s the last person I’d ever take life advice from. Seriously if I’m Durant and Harden I’d be seriously pissed. His quote of not being anti vax but he wants to be the voice of the voiceless exposes him completely. He could care less about helping his team, and that should speak volumes. The Nets unfortunately can’t trade him, so they need to find a way to void that contract and waive this bozo.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
Blazers98
Junior
And1: 50

Post#15 » by Blazers98 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:56 pm

I officially have a new hero.
Fight the crazy.
Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer

Post#16 » by jstudabaka » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:59 pm

TheBoi10 wrote:Contrarian to the core

Yeah when you're being contrary to stuff like a round earth and vaccines, you're just a contrarian against rational thinking.
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by jstudabaka » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:01 am

Blazers98 wrote:I officially have a new hero.
Fight the crazy.

I'd pick someone who can form a rational thought
LipSkinMatter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,862

Post#18 » by LipSkinMatter » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:04 am

“Kyrie wants to be a voice for the voiceless,” one source said.

You don't become the voice for the voiceless by taking some wishy washy stance, Irving. You just stabbed us in the back by shilling out for the vax.

This is why I never trusted this clown. 100% controlled opposition on some Project Veritas shiz. He will be back at some point in the season. Dude is a turd. :crazy:
CIN-C-STAR
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,751

Post#19 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:21 am

LipSkinMatter wrote:“Kyrie wants to be a voice for the voiceless,” one source said.

You don't become the voice for the voiceless by taking some wishy washy stance, Irving. You just stabbed us in the back by shilling out for the vax.

This is why I never trusted this clown. 100% controlled opposition on some Project Veritas shiz. He will be back at some point in the season. Dude is a turd. :crazy:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Childs
Head Coach
And1: 16,522

Post#20 » by Childs » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:23 am

This guy's eyes must be brown with all the crap he's full off

Return to Wiretap Discussion