Nets Will No Longer Offer $186M Extension To Kyrie Irving

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,858

Re: Nets Will No Longer Offer $186M Extension To Kyrie Irving 

Post#41 » by 24istheLAW » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:42 pm

Parataxis wrote:Why would any team want a player who can’t play in away games and can’t play in the playoffs half the time along with his usually mental issues. You would have to attach a boat load of picks.

Nobody is taking him.

This is untrue.

There's 5 teams in cities with vaccine mandates - BKN, NYK, GSW, LAC, LAL. Visiting players are exempt from the mandates because their employers are outside the city's jurisdiction.

So if he were traded to any team other than those five... Kyrie can play in every single game, whether he's vaccinated or not.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,742

Post#42 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:05 pm

24istheLAW wrote:
Parataxis wrote:Why would any team want a player who can’t play in away games and can’t play in the playoffs half the time along with his usually mental issues. You would have to attach a boat load of picks.

Nobody is taking him.

This is untrue.

There's 5 teams in cities with vaccine mandates - BKN, NYK, GSW, LAC, LAL. Visiting players are exempt from the mandates because their employers are outside the city's jurisdiction.

So if he were traded to any team other than those five... Kyrie can play in every single game, whether he's vaccinated or not.

It's still a risk to trade for him, what if a much deadlier strain emerges and more teams fall under vaccine mandates? I don't think it's the most likely scenario or anything, but it's not something that can be really predicted.

OTOH- I actually could see a team trade for him if the price was worth it as a short-term rental. Then anything else is gravy- hopefully COVID doesn't get worse, he's good for the team and enjoys playing for you, and re-ups after his deal ends.
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#43 » by Parataxis » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:17 pm

24istheLAW wrote:

Nobody is taking him.

This is untrue.

I'm not sure why you tagged me for this quote? Those aren't my words.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#44 » by Temuhjan » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:44 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Temuhjan wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:Qyrie is getting traded. I don't buy that he's giving up that much money. If Harden and KD sign-off on it, he's going to Philly. That's literally the only place I can picture him agreeing to play for.

If he's allowed to play w/o getting the vaccine and they agree to give him the max at the end of this season-he gone.

I am sure Harden and KD will prefer Collin Sexton to Ben Simmons

I don't know about that. They have enough scoring on that team already. They need someone who can lock down Tatum, Brown, Lavine, Trae or Mids...any of the tough wings that populate the east. Also that Lebron if they meet up in the finals is pretty good. He also can rebound while providing much better passing than Sexton.

As long as they do not clog the lane (which they do not), it can work offensively. In terms of defense, they just need a versatile wing to chase down the likes of LaVine and the Trae. KD can more than take care of Tatum and Bron.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Post#45 » by TheBallsDeeper » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:03 am

Rip32 wrote:Stand strong Kyrie! Don't bow to $$$

Using an image of an iconic protest for racial equality to support an idiot disputing vaccination and thinking he knows more about science and modern medicine than the experts is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen.
WAKEANT
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#46 » by WAKEANT » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:50 am

taikibansei wrote:
WAKEANT wrote:
FreeSpiritNY wrote:
Why would any team want a player who can’t play in away games and can’t play in the playoffs half the time along with his usually mental issues. You would have to attach a boat load of picks.

Nobody is taking him.

It’s honestly just sad the state of America is in right now.

For example I’m allergic to and ingredient in both vaccines. I have history dating from when I was 6 I am in my 30’s now I can’t get the vaccine because I would go in anaphylactic shock.

So I’m also a medical student and hospitals are going against everything we stand for as a American because they are saying I need the vaccine when I’m unable to get it. I was going to get it until my doctor who is pro vaccine said I couldn’t.

So I’m in a hard spot because no place will hire me and I can’t get unemployment. So if this stays like this for anther year I’ll be on the street or at my mothers it’s so messed up.

work from home....med student when do you find time to work?

Bingo. Part-time work in med school when the classes, study and required internships already take up 10-12 hours per day? He wouldn't be posting to RealGM, if that were the case. Also, if he were truly allergic, he'd be able to get a medical exemption. People do get exemptions, including my brother.

I'm guessing his med program is WebMD, and his "allergy" is caused by the Q anomaly in his DNA.

:nod: :lol:
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Post#47 » by FreeSpiritNY » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:32 am

WAKEANT wrote:
taikibansei wrote:
WAKEANT wrote:
work from home....med student when do you find time to work?

Bingo. Part-time work in med school when the classes, study and required internships already take up 10-12 hours per day? He wouldn't be posting to RealGM, if that were the case. Also, if he were truly allergic, he'd be able to get a medical exemption. People do get exemptions, including my brother.

I'm guessing his med program is WebMD, and his "allergy" is caused by the Q anomaly in his DNA.

Post a link and directions on how to post pictures.

1.) post my hospital ID and student ID the picture of me.
I’m not against vaccinations as I have other vaccinations.

2.) there is no medical program where you do 12-15 hours a week of clinical hours. You work full shift whether that is 2 days 3 days or the whole week or alternate weeks

3) I’m also in a accelerated program.

4.) if you maybe had a life you would know what I stated above along with we have something called breaks which is when I usually post or during the weekend. Contrary to that it doesn’t take long to post one thing. It’s called a hobby. Sorry I’m Intelligent enough to do more than one thing .

I also said I was a mess student not In med school. I’m in a radiologic program and directly after moving to mri and then RA.

So yes people actually in this world have alergies and it’s a shame that you poke fun at people for not being as fortunate as people who don’t.

I’m also have allergies to bees and if I’m stung I could die is that hard to believe also? Haha it’s funny when people camp behind there computer and use only WebMD to find out there information. Maybe do a actually search before you make a crazy statement of 12-15 hours lol that sounds so dumb. So does someone go like 3 hours a day for for four days hahahahaha. Please go seek help also seriously post instructions and how to post a picture because I got time today to make you look like a the idiot you are.

Also someone said work from home? How am I going to x-ray from home that just sounds so dumb.
WAKEANT
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#48 » by WAKEANT » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:07 am

FreeSpiritNY wrote:
WAKEANT wrote:
taikibansei wrote:

2.) there is no medical program where you do 12-15 hours a week of clinical hours. You work full shift whether that is 2 days 3 days or the whole week or alternate weeks

4.) if you maybe had a life you would know what I stated above along with we have something called breaks which is when I usually post or during the weekend. Contrary to that it doesn’t take long to post one thing. It’s called a hobby. Sorry I’m Intelligent enough to do more than one thing .

I also said I was a mess student not In med school. I’m in a radiologic program and directly after moving to mri and then RA.

So yes people actually in this world have alergies and it’s a shame that you poke fun at people for not being as fortunate as people who don’t.

I’m also have allergies to bees and if I’m stung I could die is that hard to believe also? Haha it’s funny when people camp behind there computer and use only WebMD to find out there information. Maybe do a actually search before you make a crazy statement of 12-15 hours lol that sounds so dumb. So does someone go like 3 hours a day for for four days hahahahaha. Please go seek help also seriously post instructions and how to post a picture because I got time today to make you look like a the idiot you are.

Also someone said work from home? How am I going to x-ray from home that just sounds so dumb.

Sounds like a change of career or training/school to change your career (so U can work from home) is in your future. Good Luck!
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Post#49 » by FreeSpiritNY » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:08 pm

WAKEANT wrote:
FreeSpiritNY wrote:
WAKEANT wrote:

Sounds like a change of career or training/school to change your career (so U can work from home) is in your future. Good Luck!

Maybe if you did something other than troll and read a book you would know it’s against my rights. Contrary to that I’m not a quitter like you. I have 4 months left after take 20 credits a semester. I just got a job offer this past week with my exempt. So yea do you’re self a favor and get a life sounds like you’re a loser to me

Return to Wiretap Discussion