Hornets To Retain LiAngelo Ball's G League Rights After Signing Non-Guaranteed Deal

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Hornets To Retain LiAngelo Ball's G League Rights After Signing Non-Guaranteed Deal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:04 pm

The Charlotte Hornets have signed LiAngelo Ball to a non-guaranteed deal.

Ball will play for Charlotte's G League affiliate the Greensboro Swarm.

Ball was previously slated to enter the G League draft, but now his rights will be retained by Charlotte.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

Rek
Senior
And1: 128

Re: Hornets To Retain LiAngelo Ball's G League Rights After Signing Non-Guaranteed Deal 

Post#2 » by Rek » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:05 pm

Hope he is able to take advantage of the G League opportunity.

Seems like he has matured quite a bit since his UCLA/China mishaps days.
streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Re: Hornets To Retain LiAngelo Ball's G League Rights After Signing Non-Guaranteed Deal 

Post#3 » by streets talking » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:12 am

Gelo aint my cuh but that news put a smile on my face
Pause
MJ stay GOATn
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#4 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:18 am

I dont wanna be accused of hyping him up but I really thought his SL performance had earned him a spot. Hopefully he takes advantage of this opportunity and keeps getting better. I'm assuming it's now known he can shoot so he'll have to develop something else people don't currently expect like defense or something
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#5 » by cdubbz » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:46 pm

I just don't see the NBA game in him. He showed a lot of hustle and shooting in the summer league, but I can see defensively he's a huge liability. He's slow and not that athletic.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.

Return to Wiretap Discussion