Re: Nets Saw James Harden Trade As Necessity Due To Unreliable Kyrie Irving

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Nets Saw James Harden Trade As Necessity Due To Unreliable Kyrie Irving 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:04 pm

On the latest Woj Pod, Adrian Wojnarowski spoke with Malika Andrews and added some new details on the Brooklyn Nets and Kyrie Irving. Wojnarowski said that Brooklyn saw acquiring James Harden last season as a "necessity" and that he thought that the Nets already saw that "they couldn't count on Irving".

It was added that Brooklyn and the Philadelphia 76ers have had no discussions on a Irving for Ben Simmons swap. It was also speculated that trade idea isn't something the Sixers would even entertain.

Lastly, the Nets are preparing as if they won't have Irving all season. “The bottom line is, Kyrie Irving is not vaccinated,” said Woj. “At this point he doesn’t sound as though he is about to get vaccinated to be able to return and play for this Nets team."

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#2 » by Barcs » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:39 pm

Yeah I could have told you that last season. The Nets were dead on accurate on that one. Kyrie is a flake. He lets his emotions make decisions about his career and plays only when he wants to play. He's not a good teammate, not a good person. He only cares about himself. They nets front office saw this right away.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#3 » by LipSkinMatter » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:20 pm

Irving will be back 100% at some point of the season. He already sold out and said he wasn't anti vax, so what is truly going to stop him from taking it? You think he is going to lose tens of millions of dollars to take a stand for the little guy? Yeah right. :roll:

Stop getting caught up in the cult of personality.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#4 » by Scalabrine » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:27 pm

Barcs wrote:Yeah I could have told you that last season. The Nets were dead on accurate on that one. Kyrie is a flake. He lets his emotions make decisions about his career and plays only when he wants to play. He's not a good teammate, not a good person. He only cares about himself. They nets front office saw this right away.

So I guess the big question is, is dealing with Kyries BS worth having Durant?
Go Knicks!
objectivefan
Junior
And1: 66

Post#5 » by objectivefan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:30 pm

LipSkinMatter wrote:Irving will be back 100% at some point of the season. He already sold out and said he wasn't anti vax, so what is truly going to stop him from taking it? You think he is going to lose tens of millions of dollars to take a stand for the little guy? Yeah right. :roll:

He said that he is not anti-vax in the general sense, his actions do indicate that he is anti the Covid vaccine.

There is no way that he takes the Covid vaccine, you don't go this far and then turn back.
K3nny Pow3rs
Senior
And1: 707

Post#6 » by K3nny Pow3rs » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:17 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
Barcs wrote:Yeah I could have told you that last season. The Nets were dead on accurate on that one. Kyrie is a flake. He lets his emotions make decisions about his career and plays only when he wants to play. He's not a good teammate, not a good person. He only cares about himself. They nets front office saw this right away.

Well nobody is going to win a championship with Harden as their main man, so you do everything you can to keep Durant.
castor777
Senior
And1: 110

Post#7 » by castor777 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:02 pm

objectivefan wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:Irving will be back 100% at some point of the season. He already sold out and said he wasn't anti vax, so what is truly going to stop him from taking it? You think he is going to lose tens of millions of dollars to take a stand for the little guy? Yeah right. :roll:

He said that he is not anti-vax in the general sense, his actions do indicate that he is anti the Covid vaccine.

There is no way that he takes the Covid vaccine, you don't go this far and then turn back.

Time will tell on that one. He’s barely lost any money yet. When he realizes how many millions he’s throwing away as the season starts I can absolutely see him changing his tune.
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#8 » by LipSkinMatter » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:17 pm

objectivefan wrote:

He will be back 100%. There is way too much money on the line and we all know the guy likes to take time off anyway. It's not like he will be itching to get back on the court to play meaningless early season games, until he loses too much money of course. And he isn't really as principled as he makes himself out to be. It's all an act.

Bet the house on the Nets if you can get good odds.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,542

Post#9 » by dice » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:11 pm

objectivefan wrote:

he would have said that he is anti-covid vaccine. it's not like he is allergic to backlash. and it wouldn't be the first time he's backtracked either. remember the flat earth comments?

also, wiggins got vaxxed just recently. and the nets JUST said that kyrie can't participate at all until he's vaxxed
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#10 » by BigTex » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:17 pm

When he’s had enough attention, he’ll get vaxed. Then he’ll talk about thuan to get more attention. Then it’ll be something else before he gets in the swing of things. He’s a complete head case.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#11 » by TheCage4 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:48 pm

He’ll return just at the right time and blow up all the chemistry that’s been established :lol:
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 113

Post#12 » by njknicks » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:38 am

Ultimately, only a strong organizational culture can survive the type of star upheaval that the Nets are currently facing -- and judging by how the Nets predicament is unfolding, will be intriguing to see how much the organization can withstand before it folds to the pressure of appeasing their stars.

Unfortunately, all the dominos are in effect :

* Kyrie - Nets will not extend a contract offer ( hence, in effect tradeable asset ).
* Harden - refused to recently sign a contract extension ( likely will test free agency )
* Durant - as history has shown, can leave a great situation (circa OKC / GSW departure )

All 3 of their stars are in their prime -- they can easily recoup a decade + worth of assets now ( rather then risk waiting to see this situation unfold ) -- get your popcorn ready ...
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#13 » by Pennebaker » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:29 am

And what was Blake Griffin for? And LaMarcus Aldridge? They're acting like Harden wasn't just another attempt to load up with stars to win a title.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 316

Post#15 » by Hans1984 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:57 am

Makes sense. You can't rely on Kyrie Irving.
BooRadleysHouse
Sophomore
And1: 36

Re: Re: Nets Saw James Harden Trade As Necessity Due To Unreliable Kyrie Irving 

Post#16 » by BooRadleysHouse » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:12 pm

This guy will never get vaxxed. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about his "likes" on the Satanic cabal theory. I have a childhood best friend I can no longer communicate with because he so fully believes in that theory. He just sits around on YouTube all day falling down the rabbit hole. These people can't be "repaired". I think Kyrie will sit out this year, get more insane, and will retire young giving some other odd reason for doing it. The guy has serious mental health problems.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#17 » by BigHustle » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:53 pm

Kyrie wants to take some time off and this is the only legit excuse he could have. He’ll come back mid-season once kids start to get vaccinated and he is ready to play. Then he can promptly screw up any culture and trust the team has built without him.

He’ll eventually get to the Knicks sometime in the next 3 years is my guess.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#18 » by Donnyxc » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:46 pm

Kyrie is a living metaphor of misinformation America. He has done a lot of good for people, but he's also fallen into the trap of anti-science misinformation. It's a good reminder for the young kids out there that your idols aren't perfect. "Question everything" mentality becomes self-perpetuated toxicity. Instead of trusting experts, you believe only you are the expert. There are thousands of people like this. Calling these people deranged doesn't fix the problem. It starts with education and culture. Reading what some of you are saying... The dude doesn't have "mental problems" (A clinical diagnosis, as far as we know). He just legitimately thinks he's right and everyone else is out to get him and/or wrong.

Kyrie doesn't care about the money or anyone's opinion of him. He has lot of things he's doing outside of basketball, winning a championship for the Nets isn't a priority for him. I doubt he'll get vaxxed, and good on the Nets for realizing the liability early on and going in on the Harden + KD pairing.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#19 » by Barcs » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:39 pm

Scalabrine wrote:

I wonder how Durant sees that. Because the Nets have Harden, who is better and more reliable than Kyrie. Durant might just stick it out with him, even if Kyrie bounces.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Discussion