ESPN Reportedly On Verge Of Publishing Story Alleging Misconduct Within Suns' Franchise

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

ESPN Reportedly On Verge Of Publishing Story Alleging Misconduct Within Suns' Franchise 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:49 am

ESPN is on the verge of publishing a report alleging "racism, sexism and sexual harassment" within the Phoenix Suns.

"The NBA is preparing for a massive story accusing Suns owner Robert Sarver of racism, sexism and sexual harassment in a series of incidents, sources say. With enough evidence to support such claims, there’s a real chance the league would forcibly remove Sarver,'' ESPN's Jordan Schultz said on Twitter.

Robert Sarver preemptively released a segment denying those allegations. 

“I am wholly shocked by some of the allegations purported by ESPN about me, personally, or about the Phoenix Suns and Mercury organizations," Sarver said in the statement. "While I can’t begin to know how to respond to some of the vague suggestions made by mostly anonymous voices, I can certainly tell you that some of the claims I find completely repugnant to my nature and to the character of the Suns/Mercury workplace and I can tell you they never, ever happened."

James Jones defended Sarver in a statement.

"None of what’s been said describes the Robert Sarver I know, respect and like – it just doesn’t,” Jones said.

Via Duane Rankin/Arizona Republic

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Re: ESPN Reportedly On Verge Of Publishing Story Alleging Misconduct Within Suns' Franchise 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:56 am

It’s 2021- you do not need facts for a news story to be “true.”
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Re: ESPN Reportedly On Verge Of Publishing Story Alleging Misconduct Within Suns' Franchise 

Post#3 » by Scalabrine » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:09 am

Hilarious that a story can be published about a story thats about to be published.
Go Knicks!
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#4 » by BigHustle » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:39 am

Good job of being really vague James Jones. I still respect you.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#5 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:26 am

Teams waiting at the Swap Meet:

Hmm, okay, ill take Ayton. You guys can have Bridges. Send CP3 to the Lakers, cause he's old....etc..
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
DFolks
Veteran
And1: 208

Post#6 » by DFolks » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:43 am

BigHustle wrote:Good job of being really vague James Jones. I still respect you.

Lol what's he supposed to say?
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,748

Post#7 » by dougthonus » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:57 pm

Scalabrine wrote:Hilarious that a story can be published about a story thats about to be published.

That was my take too.

It's sort of funny that we have a story about a story that hasn't been published featuring a denial of the unpublished story and support from the head coach denying claims that haven't been levied.

Will be interesting to see what actually comes out I suppose.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#8 » by MitchB3 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:53 pm

I got money that they'll fake some email with Jon Gruden and his emails to get Sarver out.
airjordanair
Senior
And1: 32

Post#9 » by airjordanair » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:45 pm

It’s not a story unless a TikToker tells it..
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#10 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:01 am

coordinated hit piece by a scumbag organization (ESPN) likely pushed by another (NBA)
raylewis
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#11 » by raylewis » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:17 pm

NBA is sooo PC problems brew for decades without being pointed out
ToJoBuckets
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#12 » by ToJoBuckets » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:24 am

no....... coudln't be.......... :noway:
ToJoBuckets
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#13 » by ToJoBuckets » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:24 am

ToJoBuckets wrote:no....... coudln't be..........

Return to Wiretap Discussion