Jaylen Brown On Marcus Smart's Comments: It's Something That We Probably Didn't Need

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jaylen Brown On Marcus Smart's Comments: It's Something That We Probably Didn't Need 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Nov 4, 2021 7:41 pm

The Boston Celtics responded to comments by Marcus Smart that led to a players-only meeting by defeating the Orlando Magic on Wednesday by a final score of 92-79.

"Obviously, in the midst of trying to win games, it's something that we probably didn't need. But we all communicate and talk to each other, so we're trying to find ways to win," Brown said. "I'm open to anything and everything when guys bring it to me, coaching staff. I'm always watching film and trying to be a better basketball player and find ways to make my teammates better. It felt good to get a win today."

Brown added: "The last two days we've just been focused on Orlando. The goal was to come out and try to get a win. That was it. The team meeting -- just an opportunity to talk as a group and get some communication going and move forward. At the end of the day, we've been playing together for a long time, all of us, especially our core group. When it comes down to it, it's all about finding ways to win, and that's what most of the conversation was about."

Via Nick Goss/NBC Sports

Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,076

Re: Jaylen Brown On Marcus Smart's Comments: It's Something That We Probably Didn't Need 

Post#2 » by Lockdown504090 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 8:35 pm

hes top 15 in possession time and 99th in passes thrown this season btw
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Re: Jaylen Brown On Marcus Smart's Comments: It's Something That We Probably Didn't Need 

Post#3 » by BigHustle » Fri Nov 5, 2021 12:58 am

Jaylen. There is no I in TEAM.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#4 » by Topofthekey » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:44 am

BigHustle wrote:Jaylen. There is no I in TEAM.

But there's ME
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 316

Post#5 » by Hans1984 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 4:38 pm

BigHustle wrote:Jaylen. There is no I in TEAM.

But there is I in WIN :lol:
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#6 » by TheCage4 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:00 am

You can’t speak the truth if it’s going to hurt someone’s feeling Marcus! Remember, it’s 2021.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Discussion