Re: Jokic Brothers Reply To Marcus Morris On Twitter

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jokic Brothers Reply To Marcus Morris On Twitter 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 9, 2021 6:42 pm

A "take" foul by Markieff Morris on Nikola Jokic led to a retaliatory shove and now a social media beef involving siblings of both parties.

"Waited till bro turned his back smh. NOTED," Marcus Morris tweeted Monday night with an emoji of a pen in hand.

That prompted Jokic's brothers, Strahinja and Nemanja, to open a Twitter account named "@JokicBrothers" to respond to Marcus Morris, The Denver Post reported.

The newly created account tweeted: "You should leave this the way it is instead of publicly threatening our brother! Your brother made a dirty play first. If you want to make a step further be sure we will be waiting for you !! Jokic Brothers"

Jokic is now facing a probable suspension.

Spoelstra said Morris was OK after the hard foul and was moving around in the locker room.

"This whole thing could have been a whole lot uglier if Markieff was actually facing Jokic," Spoelstra said. "The fact that he had his back turned and he made a play like that, blindsiding him, just a very dangerous play."

Via Ohm Youngmisuk/ESPN

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#2 » by gom » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:00 am

I'm a fan of Jokic, but he should have been suspended for more than one game. Those kinds of fouls are not only stupid but can be deadly. I hope he learns his lesson, but with a one-game suspension there is not much incentive. I'm looking forward to the next Nuggets-Heat game. Should be exciting.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#3 » by TimRobbins » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:22 am

What the problem with these messages?
Lee in Oregon
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#4 » by Lee in Oregon » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:36 am

Morris instigated with the hit & run, and has a reputation, deserved or not, so one game suspension is about right. Nothing more than two. Joker was contrite, which may have helped his cause as well. Outside of Spo', who is delusional calling that a "take" foul, I havn't heard anyone defend Morris. I'm certainly glad he wasn't seriously hurt, but Markeif's 'tough-guy' act left on that stretcher, and he may have a new calling in Hollywood.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,175

Post#5 » by Slim Charless » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:40 am

TimRobbins wrote:What the problem with these messages?

Nate the Great
Pro Prospect
And1: 380

Re: Re: Jokic Brothers Reply To Marcus Morris On Twitter 

Post#6 » by Nate the Great » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:55 pm

Read on Twitter

Black Lives Matter

Return to Wiretap Discussion