Jimmy Butler Challenged Stephen Graham To Meet Him In Back Of Arena

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 299

Jimmy Butler Challenged Stephen Graham To Meet Him In Back Of Arena 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:32 pm

Jimmy Butler was not yelling at Nikola Jokic after the Denver Nuggets and Miami Heat were separated following the altercation at the end of Monday's game, instead directing his attention to Stephen Graham.

Graham is a player development coach for the Denver Nuggets.

Butler could be seen repeatedly calling Graham to meet him in the back of the arena. 

Graham and his twin brother, Joey Graham, each played in the NBA.

Via Sam Amick/The Athletic

robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,586

Re: Jimmy Butler Challenged Stephen Graham To Meet Him In Back Of Arena 

Post#2 » by robbie84 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:06 pm

Morey makes up story for Shams about Celtics saying they'd give up Brown for Simmons.

Celtics laugh, clear the air.
They'd give up Marcus Smart and a bag of peanuts and if the 76ers have a better offer then no problem.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
NBA Moses
Pro Prospect
And1: 373

Post#3 » by NBA Moses » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:22 pm

I dont blame Boston for wanting to hold onto Jaylen Brown but if your the Sixers no Brown or Tatum, then no Ben Simmons.

25 y.o. 3 time all-star. 2 time All NBA -Defensive team. 6'10" PG who is the fastest player on the court. Tatum + Brown may be better players than Ben Simmons right now but Simmons ceiling is higher than both of them.

I guess This is what Morey meant by saying this could take 4 yrs.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,247

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:21 am

NBA Moses wrote:I dont blame Boston for wanting to hold onto Jaylen Brown but if your the Sixers no Brown or Tatum, then no Ben Simmons.

25 y.o. 3 time all-star. 2 time All NBA -Defensive team. 6'10" PG who is the fastest player on the court. Tatum + Brown may be better players than Ben Simmons right now but Simmons ceiling is higher than both of them.

I guess This is what Morey meant by saying this could take 4 yrs.

Robert Covington was all defense with Embiid behind him. His team was 29th in D last season. Situation matters.

PHI was 13th in offense last season. They are #1 this season. They were 5th in eDiff last season and are still 5th this season although their eDiff is slightly better better this season. That's all with a max guy sitting at home. Simmons impact was statistical. He was 8th in USG% on PHI last season. 8th! He was not their PG like people want to believe. And he was often switched out of plays on defense leaving him ineffective on both ends. No, he is not remotely on the level of Brown or Tatum. He could be, if he worked on his game... but he doesn't and so he isn't. Fake Eastern conference all-star, along with DeAngelo, Kemba Griffin, etc. If he were in the West he would have made zero all-star appearances, and that's what I expect him to have for the rest of his career. I mean, he is an all-star for the same reason Westbrook was an MVP... voters said, "Wow, look at his numbers." Mistakes were made.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,577

Post#5 » by HardenGoat » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:31 am

Celtics wouldn’t trade Brown for for a real point guard like Harden. Why would they do it for Simmons. Someone’s smoking …
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,322

Post#6 » by raptorstime » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:34 pm

stephen and joey would both dust this clown

Return to Wiretap Discussion