Rudy Gobert: Guys Know We Aren't Going To Fight On Court

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Rudy Gobert: Guys Know We Aren't Going To Fight On Court 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:18 pm

Rudy Gobert and Myles Turner were ejected from Thursday's game between the Utah Jazz and Indiana Pacers after a minor scuffle.

"We weren't going to fight," said Gobert. "Guys know that we aren't going to fight. In two seconds there are gonna be 20 security guys there. Guys who aren't about that life need to stop acting like they are.

"I'm not going to fight on the basketball court. If somebody wants to fight, I'm really easy to reach."

Via Andy Larsen/Salt Lake Tribune

Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 316

Re: Rudy Gobert: Guys Know We Aren't Going To Fight On Court 

Post#2 » by Hans1984 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:35 pm

Noones "about that life" in todays NBA.
SeanieWard
Senior
And1: 484

Post#3 » by SeanieWard » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:39 pm

Hans1984 wrote:Noones "about that life" in todays NBA.

I can see from your user name that you're probably an older fan who thinks everyone in the 90s was about that life and no one today is (and I say that respectfully) but I think that's overstated. The NBA is harsher on fighting and it's just not worth it to lose money over it tbh but this notion that previous eras were "fighters" and guys today are soft I don't agree with
niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#4 » by niha17 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:07 pm

rudy not going to fight anyone anywhere or at anytime
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#5 » by TimRobbins » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:25 pm

What's the purpose of the "tough guy act"? Nobody is going to fight you off the court. Things got a little heated. Just move on.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,995

Post#6 » by 31to6 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:32 pm

is Rudy indicating that he *is* about that life, and *would* fight someone off of the court?
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,353

Post#7 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:41 pm

SeanieWard wrote:

I can see from your user name that you're probably an older fan who thinks everyone in the 90s was about that life and no one today is (and I say that respectfully) but I think that's overstated. The NBA is harsher on fighting and it's just not worth it to lose money over it tbh but this notion that previous eras were "fighters" and guys today are soft I don't agree with

this thing called the Malice in the Palace changed optics about the fighting aspect of the league, but in general every sport has cracked down on it across the board. The NHL allows a fair share but nothing like Dave Schultz did. The contracts keep getting bigger and more eyes are on these sports, no way you can have unbridled violence as a sideshow.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#8 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:02 am

Wasn't that quote by Myles Turner? I think RealGm may have sourced it wrong.

Oh well. It don't make no nevermind. Not like either of them was fittna thow hands anyway. And they admitted as such. Just two heated mofos doing battle and playing a game they bof wanna win
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 316

Post#9 » by Hans1984 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:09 pm

SeanieWard wrote:

Yes, you are right I'm an "older" fan. I'm not saying it's a bad thing players are not throwing hands anymore. It's like you said these days you would get suspended a couple of games or even a whole season and lose a lot of money. I've never said players these days are soft it's just a different league.

Return to Wiretap Discussion