LeBron James On Frank Vogel's Job Security: Players Need To Do A Better Job

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

LeBron James On Frank Vogel's Job Security: Players Need To Do A Better Job 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Dec 7, 2021 1:31 am

LeBron James was asked on Monday about the scrutiny Frank Vogel is facing as head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers have a 12-12 record this season.

"I think criticism comes with the job, you know?" James said after practice on Monday. "Frank is a strong-minded guy. He has a great coaching staff. And we as his players have to do a better job of going out and producing on the floor. We're a team and an organization that don't mind some adversity, that don't mind people saying things about us, obviously, because it comes with the territory."

Vogel is the eighth head coach in James' 19-year career.

"We have a lot of guys on this team that have been bulletin-board material for quite a long time, so it don't quite bother us," James said. "Everything that we do stays in house when it comes to our preparation and how we prepare for our next opponent and how we prepare to get better. Frank doesn't care and we don't either about what people are saying."

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,341

Re: LeBron James On Frank Vogel's Job Security: Players Need To Do A Better Job 

Post#2 » by Revived » Tue Dec 7, 2021 3:53 am

They need to ask LeBron about his cute IG post in all caps with the “PLEASE KEEP THIS SAME ENERGY OF DOUBTING OUR TEAM EVEN AFTER SEASON STARTS”.

LeBron has become more unintentionally funny as he’s gotten older. He’s hilarious to me.
blahblah312
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#3 » by blahblah312 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 10:43 am

In a couple years he will hear what former teammates really think about him as he descends.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,819

Post#4 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Dec 7, 2021 12:55 pm

If he chokes this time even the fiercest proponents will have to let that ridiculous goat debate rest. He’s good and all, but Kobe and Duncan, probably also Shaq don’t seem worse at all.

I’d pick them over LeBron even if he wins another championship next to AD and Westbrook.

LeBron’s supporting cast makes for a legitimate dream team:

Irving
Westbrook
Wade
Allen
Love
Bosh
AD

Any big three out of these players would have won a championship even without LeBron, hands down.
YourGM99
Junior
And1: 61

Post#5 » by YourGM99 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 2:54 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:If he chokes this time even the fiercest proponents will have to let that ridiculous goat debate rest. He’s good and all, but Kobe and Duncan, probably also Shaq don’t seem worse at all.

I’d pick them over LeBron even if he wins another championship next to AD and Westbrook.

Irving
Westbrook
Wade
Allen
Love
Bosh
AD

Any big three out of these players would have won a championship even without LeBron, hands down.

Shaq has played with Kobe, Wade, Lebron, KG, Steve Nash, Paul Perice, Karl Malone, Ray Allen, penny Hardaway, Amare Stoudemire, Grant Hill, and Gary Payton
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,819

Post#6 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Dec 7, 2021 4:26 pm

YourGM99 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:If he chokes this time even the fiercest proponents will have to let that ridiculous goat debate rest. He’s good and all, but Kobe and Duncan, probably also Shaq don’t seem worse at all.

Irving
Westbrook
Wade
Allen
Love
Bosh
AD

Shaq has played with Kobe, Wade, Lebron, KG, Steve Nash, Paul Perice, Karl Malone, Ray Allen, penny Hardaway, Amare Stoudemire, Grant Hill, and Gary Payton

Yeah genius, which is why I left out Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard when it comes to LeBron, only to mention some over the hill examples.
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 100

Post#7 » by dubbmotta » Tue Dec 7, 2021 4:44 pm

blahblah312 wrote:In a couple years he will hear what former teammates really think about him as he descends.

Who gives a shhh...guess what, Jordan, Kobe, etc. teammates didn't like them, because they were a holes that wanted to win..Winners are typically not liked by the ones around them, even in the real world, everyone hated Steve Jobs, now Bill Gates, etc. It's life...
YourGM99
Junior

Post#8 » by YourGM99 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 4:56 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
YourGM99 wrote:

Irving
Westbrook
Wade
Allen
Love
Bosh
AD

Yeah genius, which is why I left out Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard when it comes to LeBron, only to mention some over the hill examples.

Yeah genius, and we’ve have also seen Lebron carry bums to the NBA finals multiple times.
YourGM99
Junior

Post#9 » by YourGM99 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 5:01 pm

YourGM99 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
YourGM99 wrote:

Yeah genius, and we’ve also seen Lebron carry bums to the NBA finals multiple times.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#10 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 4:42 pm

Revived wrote:They need to ask LeBron about his cute IG post in all caps with the “PLEASE KEEP THIS SAME ENERGY OF DOUBTING OUR TEAM EVEN AFTER SEASON STARTS”.

LeBron has become more unintentionally funny as he’s gotten older. He’s hilarious to me.

Did you keep that energy when they won in 2020..

Return to Wiretap Discussion