Kyrie Irving: I Knew The Consequences, I Wasn't Prepared For Them

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kyrie Irving: I Knew The Consequences, I Wasn't Prepared For Them 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:59 pm

Kyrie Irving spoke to the media on Wednesday for the first time since returning to the Brooklyn Nets after his extended absence over his vaccine status.

Irving is excited to return to the Nets, but did not signal a willingness to be vaccinated. 

“I knew the consequences," said Irving of not being vaccinated. "I wasn’t prepared for them, by no stretch of the imagination. “Coming into the season, I had my thought process of being able to be a full-time teammate and just go out and have fun and provide a great brand of basketball out there. But unfortunately, it didn’t happen like that.

“Things happen for a reason, and now we’re here and I’m just grateful for this.”

Irving will only be allowed to play in road games. 

Irving said he has been working out in middle-school and college gyms over the past few months.

Via Mark W. Sanchez/New York Post

Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,283

Re: Kyrie Irving: I Knew The Consequences, I Wasn't Prepared For Them 

Post#2 » by Lunartic » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:21 am

One of the few dudes that sacrificed money and reputation for what he believed in, I respect it.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,522

Post#3 » by dice » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:22 am

Lunartic wrote:One of the few dudes that sacrificed money and reputation for what he believed in, I respect it.

unfortunately, what he believes in is a detriment to public health
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Lunartic
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Lunartic » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:28 am

dice wrote:
Lunartic wrote:One of the few dudes that sacrificed money and reputation for what he believed in, I respect it.

Taking an emergency authorized drug that had a multitude of issues during their safety trials and there's zero long term data in terms of safety is a personal choice and "public health" be damned.

Clearly, the vaccine doesn't curb the spread of covid, the NBA is a 99% vaxxed league and they're all contracting/spreading it. The vaccine is about possibly reducing symptoms for the individual taking it and thus should remain an individuals decision. Or you know, just keep taking your bi-annual "Boosters" for eternity, cuz that's working so well.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,048

Post#5 » by Lalouie » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:30 am

respecting people who make sacrafices for their beliefs is one thing to be respected.
maya moore,,,ali,,,john carlos,,,kaepernick,,,,,

kyrie is just DUMB. do you respect dumbness :lol: :lol: :lol:

but there are all kinds of good, bad, and misguided beliefs. here is a person with a big voice on the public stage making dumb decisions and with enuf followers that what he says has an unfortunate impact.

this sounds an awful lot like his apology to lebron for not understanding what lebron meant when they were mates @cavs. in short, kyrie is once gain backing out of a previous stance using innocense of the consequences as an excuse.

he did exactly the same with the flat earth thing as well except at least then we all saw him as the harmless lunatic he was
Lunartic
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Lunartic » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:36 am

Lalouie wrote:

respecting people who make sacrafices for their beliefs is one thing to be respected.

but there are all kinds of good, bad, and misguided beliefs. here is a person with a big voice on the public stage making dumb decisions and with enuf followers that what he says has an unfortunate impact.

this sounds an awful lot like his apology to lebron for not understanding what lebron meant when they were mates @cavs. in short, kyrie is once gain backing out of a previous stance using innocense of the consequences as an excuse.

he did exactly the same with the flat earth thing except at least then we all saw him as the lunatic he was

Refusing to be pressured or coerced into taking an experimental drug that has had multiple issues reported during clinical trials and is being pushed by pharmaceutical companies that have a history of unsafe drugs is fine with me.
Lalouie
RealGM

Post#7 » by Lalouie » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:45 am

Lunartic wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

he did exactly the same with the flat earth thing except at least then we all saw him as the lunatic he was

Refusing to be pressured or coerced into taking an experimental drug that has had multiple issues reported during clinical trials and is being pushed by pharmaceutical companies that have a history of unsafe drugs is fine with me.

but that wasn't the arc of the kyrie saga, iirc.

i think it started with him just saying no and giving no reason. this went on for quite a while and people were jumping on this very thing. it wasn't until much much later that he gave some reason(i cannot remember what at this point), but it sounded a whole lot like bs, as in "uh-oh they'll calling me out. what reason can i give now"

anyway that's what it sounded like to me and given his previous performances and dance in front of the media, that is the conclusion i drew. kyrie says childish things that he regrets later on. and there's been MORE than ample time to understand that vaxxing is no bs, SO PULLEEEZE if you are an anti-vaxxer, at least tell me so'z we can end this chit chat now.
dice
RealGM

Post#8 » by dice » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:45 am

Lunartic wrote:
dice wrote:

Taking an emergency authorized drug that had a multitude of issues during their safety trials and there's zero long term data in terms of safety is a personal choice and "public health" be damned.

this is dangerous nonsense. if you wait until there is long-term data, countless lives has been lost. plus, that ain't how vaccines work. they don't HAVE adverse affects that suddenly show up months or years later. the only negative consequences stem from immediate reactions that might linger

the FDA is quite conservative when it comes to authorizing vaccines. and COVID-19 vaccines have been fully authorized for quite a long time now

Clearly, the vaccine doesn't curb the spread of covid

yes, it actually does. science matters.

that data only goes up to september, but it's no different w/ omicron. the vast majority of current new cases in NYC, for example, are amongst the unvaccinated. despite most now being vaccinated! omicron is simply massively contagious, so there will still be significant numbers of vaccinated being infected

the NBA is a 99% vaxxed league and they're all contracting/spreading it.

they're in close contact breathing heavily w/o masks! even with that, this wasn't happening to nearly the same degree prior to omicron

The vaccine is about possibly reducing symptoms for the individual taking it

no, not possibly. almost certainly. very few vaccinated individuals are being hospitalized. the infection rate amongst the unvaccinated is like 7x greater according to the above graph. the hospitalization rate is like 20x higher

and thus should remain an individuals decision.

strawman argument. few are suggesting mandatory vaccination

Or you know, just keep taking your bi-annual "Boosters" for eternity, cuz that's working so well.

i'm not following. are you suggesting that boosters don't work? or that there were promises made that we would never need boosters for COVID-19? do you poo-pooh flu shots because those are suggested to be taken every year due to viral mutations?

kyrie irving is an egomaniacal, delusional bum
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#9 » by dice » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:51 am

Lunartic wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

not experimental for a long time now. entirely vetted. no more questions about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines than there are about measles vaccines at this point

why exactly do you think they have clinical trials? MANY manufacturers were in the race to develop a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine. only 3 made the cut. because the other failed in clinical trials. even a very tiny percentage of complications put the moderna vaccine temporarily on hold. safety has simply not been a concern since full authorization. and emergency use authorization prior to that still required a high bar of evidence with regard to potential complications
Lunartic
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Lunartic » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:07 am

dice wrote:this is dangerous nonsense.

There's a trend for specific types to label everything you disagree with as "dangerous"

if you wait until there is long-term data, countless lives has been lost.

No, not "countless" you understand there are many countries that aren't highly vaccinated? They aren't swimming in deaths per million. This current strain of covid is even less deadly than previous.

And you call things "dangerous" but are saying that it's fine to rush a vaccine thru and take it despite not having long term data as far as effects on health? That actually is dangerous and it's not just me that agrees, the entire FDA does too, that's why they have the process for drug approval that lasts anywhere from 5-10 years.

they don't HAVE adverse affects that suddenly show up months or years later. the only negative consequences stem from immediate reactions that might linger

That's wrong. Why don't you educate yourself on VAERS? Let me guess, it's an entire conspiracy website that doctors upload patient information to in order to trick people for uh reasons....

https://vaers.hhs.gov/

It logs adverse reactions to all drugs. There have been hundreds of long term effects adverse reactions that existed weeks and months later.

the FDA is quite conservative when it comes to authorizing vaccines. and COVID-19 vaccines have been fully authorized for quite a long time now

The vaccine that is currently being given is still given under the EUA, meaning the drug companies cannot be sued or held liable.
Comirnaty is a not the same drug.

Clearly, the vaccine doesn't curb the spread of covid

yes, it actually does. science matters.

Okay, show me the data that the infographic is based on. If "science matters" then surely you looked at the raw data and aren't just posting pictures as arguments.

that data only goes up to september, but it's no different w/ omicron. the vast majority of current new cases in NYC, for example, are amongst the unvaccinated. despite most now being vaccinated! omicron is simply massively contagious, so there will still be significant numbers of vaccinated being infected

show me the data. A vaccinated person is less likely to know they're carrying covid and thus aren't counted. They are also less likely to test without symptoms and many places don't expect vaxxed people to take tests for employment. The stats are skewed beyond repair.

they're in close contact breathing heavily w/o masks! even with that, this wasn't happening to nearly the same degree prior to omicron

Yes....they're vaxxed, why would they need masks? You're arguing both sides of the coin, if the vaccine was effective at stopping the spread, then masks aren't needed and the entire league shouldn't be lit up.

no, not possibly. almost certainly. very few vaccinated individuals are being hospitalized

What does "very few" mean? Hospitals are filled with breakthrough cases, infact the CDC deemed that tracking breakthrough cases wasn't worth it, I'm curious what data you're using.

strawman argument. few are suggesting mandatory vaccination

Not a strawman at all. Attempting to bar people from public life, fire them from their jobs and impose penalties is coercion.

i'm not following. are you suggesting that boosters don't work? or that there were promises made that we would never need boosters for COVID-19? do you poo-pooh flu shots because those are suggested to be taken every year due to viral mutations?

I'm suggesting there a political, a-scientific process occurring here and some people can see it and others just keep taking experimental drugs every few months while gaining absolutely nothing.

I don't take flu shots, I'm young and healthy and don't get sick. Why would I? And why are you comparing the flu and covid?
Lunartic
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Lunartic » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:09 am

dice wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

not experimental for a long time now. entirely vetted. no more questions about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines than there are about measles vaccines at this point

why exactly do you think they have clinical trials? MANY manufacturers were in the race to develop a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine. only 3 made the cut. because the other failed in clinical trials. even a very tiny percentage of complications put the moderna vaccine temporarily on hold. safety has simply not been a concern since full authorization. and emergency use authorization prior to that still required a high bar of evidence with regard to potential complications

VAERS. Look it up. Let me guess, it's a huge conspiracy by doctors and medical professionals to lie about the glorious vaccine!

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635

Try educating yourself and not parroting CNN talking points. Didn't they have a doctor on the other day that said cloth masks have been useless for all strains of covid?
Lalouie
RealGM

Post#12 » by Lalouie » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:23 am

Lunartic wrote:
dice wrote:
Lunartic wrote:

VAERS. Look it up. Let me guess, it's a huge conspiracy by doctors and medical professionals to lie about the glorious vaccine!

Try educating yourself and not parroting CNN talking points. Didn't they have a doctor on the other day that said cloth masks have been useless for all strains of covid?

everything is @SS backwards, can we all agree? first 5rows in an arena has to show vax cards but all the seating behind them don't. yes this is crazy sh**, so try not to use this chaos as an excuse and just answer me one thing. if your mom and dad got covid would you wish they were vaxxed or not. embiid was out for 3wks even though he was vaxxed and IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.

and the thing you mention about cloth masks,,,,if YOU believe those things would prevent anything i'd say you should use common sense.. 8000 fans in an arena screaming their lungs out and at least half are wearing masks and i gotta think "those mask wearers are only fooling themselves". COMMON SENSE BOSS, use it. it seems to be in short supply - they shouldn't be at that arena in the first place
Lunartic
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Lunartic » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:32 am

Lalouie wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
dice wrote:not experimental for a long time now. entirely vetted. no more questions about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines than there are about measles vaccines at this point

everything is @SS backwards, can we all agree? first 5rows in an arena has to show vax cards but all the seating behind them don't. yes this is crazy sh**, so try not to use this chaos as an excuse and just answer me one thing. if your mom and dad got covid would you wish they were vaxxed or not. embiid was out for 3wks even though he was vaxxed and IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.

and the thing you mention about cloth masks,,,,if YOU believe those things would prevent anything i'd say you should use common sense.. 8000 fans in an arena screaming their lungs out and at least half are wearing masks and i gotta think "those mask wearers are only fooling themselves". COMMON SENSE BOSS, use it. it seems to be in short supply - they shouldn't be at that arena in the first place

My mom did get covid and she's unvaxxed and recovered in about 2 days just taking zinc/vitamin c.

Don't get me wrong, if you want to take the vaccine that's great and I bet it would help people in specific age/health groups.

I don't support coercion.
Lalouie
RealGM

Post#14 » by Lalouie » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:53 am

Lunartic wrote:
Lalouie wrote:
Lunartic wrote:

My mom did get covid and she's unvaxxed and recovered in about 2 days just taking zinc/vitamin c.

Don't get me wrong, if you want to take the vaccine that's great and I bet it would help people in specific age/health groups.

you have good genes. and as you know, covid is mild for MOST people. and you do your thing and i do mine and we're both good. but let's face it, you don't have the platform kyrie has so your responsibility to your community is minimal. kyrie's "community" is maybe in the millions or at least thousands upon thousands.

and whether you vax or not doesn't matter (to you), you can still catch it and spread it. so you DO realize don't you that you have a responsibility to wear that mask to possibly keep from spreading it to others.

i hope you understand that. do as you will but common sense, boss,,,for everyone else's sake.
Lunartic
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Lunartic » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:57 am

Lalouie wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

you have good genes. and as you know, covid is mild for MOST people. and you do your thing and i do mine and we're both good. but let's face it, you don't have the platform kyrie has so your responsibility to your community is minimal. kyrie's "community" is maybe in the millions or at least thousands upon thousands.

and whether you vax or not doesn't matter (to you), you can still catch it and spread it. so you DO realize don't you that you have a responsibility to wear that mask to possibly keep from spreading it to others.

i hope you understand that. do as you will but common sense, boss,,,for everyone else's sake.

I disagree with some of what you wrote but I agree with some as well.

I think we can agree we both want people to be as healthy and happy as possible.
dice
RealGM

Post#16 » by dice » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:59 am

Lunartic wrote:
Lalouie wrote:
Lunartic wrote:

more dangerous anecdotal BS

"nikki minaj's cousin's friend..."

if i am unvaxxed and eat dirt after contracting COVID and don't have to be hospitalized, does that mean that eating dirt is a valid way to combat COVID?

most people, particularly younger, don't have to be hospitalized

i presented you hard data that was most certainly NOT passed on from CNN (you're using a right wing talking point there, so you are the one being manipulated by media). feel free to continue to ignore reality

scientific fact. not stories
dice
RealGM

Post#17 » by dice » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:05 am

Lunartic wrote:
dice wrote:
Lunartic wrote:

you're being manipulated by distortions from the anti-vax movement

"Raw, unverified data from VAERS has often been used by the anti-vaccine community to justify misinformation regarding the safety of vaccines; it is generally not possible to find out from VAERS data if a vaccine caused an adverse event, or how common the event might be"

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/index.html
Lunartic
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Lunartic » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:06 am

dice wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

Are you pretending to be daft? Can you not read the bolded? The man specifically asked me a personal question.

but yes, everything is so dangerous to you. I'm surprised you're even able to use a computer to post on Realgm, there's probably some dangerous opinions about Harden on here.
dice
RealGM

Post#19 » by dice » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:08 am

Lunartic wrote:
dice wrote:
Lunartic wrote:

Are you pretending to be daft? Can you not read the bolded? The man specifically asked me a personal question.

you didn't answer his question. instead you went on a tangent and pretended that zinc and vitamin C are a legit alternative to vaccination based on a single anecdotal data point. so i'll repeat: dangerous BS!

but yes, everything is so dangerous to you. I'm surprised you're even able to use a computer to post on Realgm, there's probably some dangerous opinions about Harden on here.

wtf are you talking about, lunatic?

but yes, COVID-19 is dangerous. very much so to certain populations. if you don't know anyone who has been affected by it, you're lucky
Lunartic
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by Lunartic » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:09 am

dice wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
dice wrote:not experimental for a long time now. entirely vetted. no more questions about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines than there are about measles vaccines at this point

you're being manipulated by distortions from the anti-vax movement

"Raw, unverified data from VAERS has often been used by the anti-vaccine community to justify misinformation regarding the safety of vaccines; it is generally not possible to find out from VAERS data if a vaccine caused an adverse event, or how common the event might be"

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/index.html

Ah so VAERS, which is reported primarily by doctors are all lying or just don't know what they're talking about.

Gotcha, and here I was thinking we followed the science. Ignoring one of the oldest and the primary database used worldwide for adverse reactions to medications seems awfully dangerous.

Have you even looked at the VAERs data concerning the vaccines? Cases of allergic reactions in the office after the vaccine was given isn't something to ignore because some boogeyman antivaxxers cited it.

Return to Wiretap Discussion